wow (1 Viewer)

cmoncity

so now its reporting a 5 figure fee for release clause gets worse .not worth letting him go for that. what are sisu doing allowing robins to be writing that into his contract.surley that would say he was never going to be around long.shocking

PVA

I am pretty confident that is a typo.

No way would the compo be just five figures, not a chance.

ajsccfc

Most contract negotiations insist on clauses of some kind. Managing a third division side would definitely be one of them.

torchomatic

I don't think it's not a case of SISU "allowing" it, that's just how it is. Robins obviously negotiated this when he agreed to the position. Maybe he does this every time he accepts a position. He will no doubt be doing it again before the year is through.

so now its reporting a 5 figure fee for release clause gets worse .not worth letting him go for that. what are sisu doing allowing robins to be writing that into his contract.surley that would say he was never going to be around long.shocking

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
perhaps HTFC will refuse to pay it because it is well above league 1 average :whistle::laugh:

Delboycov

So it might not be the £999,999 that some were speculating yesterday??! Pffffttt. Could in fact be £10,000....Now if this is true I would point the finger at SISU as even if this clause was included at Robins' insistence then why not just just flatly refuse and look elsewhere if he wanted that put in. He was hardly in a great bargaining position as it was after being out of work so long so surely wouldn't have been able to dictate the terms of the contract to such an extent that it would be potentially so detrimental to the club should he want to go.....

mattylad

or not £100,000 but in fact £99,999 .................its really doesnt matter because we will never be told.

Paxman II

ha. people a release clause is there to help Coventry! They don't want to make him easy to get just in case. As it happens it is the case and if said is only say £50k or so then it's not a lot. But who would have envisaged someone coming in for MR? Well SISU should have regardless. But any higher figure may have been unacceptable to MR and I would agree to that.
However Huddersfield will have to meet that release clause and then on behalf of Robins who is still under contract here - pay up the contract to Coventry. What's that going to be? 2 years at £125k? That's a further £250k they will have to pay Coventry.

You could say that is a good start for negotiating for our new manager.

Warwickhunt

I should Imagine the figure is somewhere near his Contractual terms and any remaing time left of it, i.e 2 1/2 years salary don't ask me what he was on1 but it probably somewhere near £80k p.a. plus win bonuses

Sick Boy

So it might not be the £999,999 that some were speculating yesterday??! Pffffttt. Could in fact be £10,000....Now if this is true I would point the finger at SISU as even if this clause was included at Robins' insistence then why not just just flatly refuse and look elsewhere if he wanted that put in. He was hardly in a great bargaining position as it was after being out of work so long so surely wouldn't have been able to dictate the terms of the contract to such an extent that it would be potentially so detrimental to the club should he want to go.....

More than a few claimed for a year that no one would even want the job, therefore using this belief we weren't in a great bargaining position either. :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread