wow gibbert (1 Viewer)

freddiemong

how far up wasps arse are you? is this guy on a missoin to write a wasps story every day

BigadamL

You do know he is a sports columnist for all sports in Coventry and not just ccfc?!?!?!
So effectively he is doing........ His job

Astute

There has been a long standing train of thought against the CET by a few people..

Do a story about CCC = Anti CCFC.

Do a story about SISU = Anti CCFC.

Do a story about Higgs = Anti CCFC.

Do a story about the new ground = Anti CCFC.

Do a story about the JR = Anti CCFC.

Do a story about Wasps = Anti CCFC.

Do a story about CCFC that isn't good news.....and we struggle for good news = Anti CCFC.

Les Reid does a story which is normally a rehash = A story that needs to be told just in case there is some truth in it.

skybluebeduff

It's not the first time a CET sports columnist has bent over and spread his arse hole for others to jump in it, is it?

Astute

It's not the first time a CET sports columnist has bent over and spread his arse hole for others to jump in it, is it?

But Reid was a respected investigative journalist so does he count as much?

bigfatronssba

Who's Gibbert?

Astute

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/

On the Telegraph website this morning; there are 10 'banner' stories; of which 4 relate to CCFC (plus one about Tony Mowbray). Compared to one about Wasps, one about CRFC, one about The Bees.....

Forget the rhetoric; look at the facts - what's your point?

They do a story on Wasps playing on Saturdays from next season. Bad CET for doing the story. But if they didn't do the story it would have been bad CET for hiding the news from us.

Nick

Administrator
They do a story on Wasps playing on Saturdays from next season. Bad CET for doing the story. But if they didn't do the story it would have been bad CET for hiding the news from us.

Has anybody said bad CET for that story?

Astute

Has anybody said bad CET for that story?

For doing a story each day yes. And from what I can see they report whatever they think needs reporting including what could be seen as not good news.

chiefdave

For doing a story each day yes. And from what I can see they report whatever they think needs reporting including what could be seen as not good news.

People aren't complaining about them doing stories. What people have complained about is the prominence of Wasps compared to our own football team and on occasion CCFC and the ongoing narrative. Whether by design or not a lot of Wasps stories come across as PR for the club, everything has a positive spin on it. The opposite is the case with CCFC, everything has a negative spin on it.

Astute

how far up wasps arse are you? is this guy on a missoin to write a wasps story every day

People aren't complaining about them doing stories. What people have complained about is the prominence of Wasps compared to our own football team and on occasion CCFC and the ongoing narrative. Whether by design or not a lot of Wasps stories come across as PR for the club, everything has a positive spin on it. The opposite is the case with CCFC, everything has a negative spin on it.

This thread says the opposite to what you say.

The problem that we have from our club is it is mainly bad news. But it has become more positive since TM joined us. Even Reid couldn't put a positive spin on things so he has kept up with all the old crap.

Nick

Administrator
maybe good old gillbets should ask wasps why they cant mark a football pitch with lines we can see

Good point, you could send him a PM on here to ask as I think a few people have wondered that.

His username is SimoneGilberte

Mary_Mungo_Midge

But how can you talk about a lack of prominence for the football club in the Telegraph's reporting as per the link I gave to this morning's 'Sports' section?

mrtrench

FFS, grow up. The CET serves the whole of Coventry, not just CCFC.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I was just on about the prominence bit.

It's the most prominent as it's the biggest story on there, isn't it? It relates to the CEO of the club that now owns the Ricoh talking about whether or not he'll buy the football club. Pretty fundamental. The next biggest football story - today - relates as to whether Blair Turgott's recent form may get him a look-in during the run in. Surely you can't really have an issue with the one that was chosen to lead? And the rest of the fare - on there and overwhelmingly on the Sports section - is CCFC, or Sky Blues-related?!?

Nick

Administrator
It's the most prominent as it's the biggest story on there, isn't it? It relates to the CEO of the club that now owns the Ricoh talking about whether or not he'll buy the football club. Pretty fundamental. The next biggest football story - today - relates as to whether Blair Turgott's recent form may get him a look-in during the run in. Surely you can't really have an issue with the one that was chosen to lead? And the rest of the fare - on there and overwhelmingly on the Sports section - is CCFC, or Sky Blues-related?!?

No I am not saying that every CCFC article should be on the front page and it isn't just this one story.

Surely you can see the pattern?

I quite like the Wasps news, it means you come back on here
love.jpg

Mary_Mungo_Midge

No I am not saying that every CCFC article should be on the front page and it isn't just this one story.

love.jpg

I tried not to mention the 'W' word on purpose.

I was simply trying to make the point with regards CCFC coverage against ALL other clubs and sports in the city :whistle:

Astute

love.jpg

Of course there is a pattern. If there is a stick.....or in most cases a small twig.......to hit anyone that can be seen as not backing SISU to the hilt it will be used by some :whistle:

Nick

Administrator
Of course there is a pattern. If there is a stick.....or in most cases a small twig.......to hit anyone that can be seen as not backing SISU to the hilt it will be used by some :whistle:

That imaginary one that doesn't exist again?

I doubt most give a shit what the CET say about SISU, what they say about the club is different though isn't it.

Funny how moving one club is bad but moving another is amazing and will be repeated as amazing as much as possible. Who is being backed?

Moff

It doesn't take long to count to ten. Even for me. And it's so much better to look at facts than rants, surely?

A FRiday rant always helps preapre me for the weekend. I am just trying to find something to froth at the mouth about now and to set the rantometer ;)

I know it doesnt take long to count to ten, but in some villages far easier to get to 11 :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread