WOW AT LAST THE CLUB IS LISTENING (1 Viewer)

skyblueexile

see the CCFC web site - they are looking to form a disabled supporters group

This is something i have thought and encouraged all clubs are missing out on Whilst not house bound i fund travelling difficult YET still an avid supporter
lets get all you friends who 'fit the bill' to sign up

NEWS: Coventry City to establish Disabled Supporters Association

CJ_covblaze

Excellent to see any club do this sort of thing but even better when it's ours. Adds to the good things they've done recently with the sensory room.

BornSlippySkyBlue

see the CCFC web site - they are looking to form a disabled supporters group

This is something i have thought and encouraged all clubs are missing out on Whilst not house bound i fund travelling difficult YET still an avid supporter
lets get all you friends who 'fit the bill' to sign up

NEWS: Coventry City to establish Disabled Supporters Association
Good shout, thanks had missed this. As someone who struggles with mobility and finds access to grounds (particularly away / unfamiliar ones) challenging, there is a huge difference between clubs with their response / approach to disabled supporters. I think a lot of fans think disabled supporters are the ones who have to use the disabled section and are in wheelchairs, but that’s massively wide of the mark, the majority are in the stands and have to deal with the crowds, stairs, toilets etc. We don’t all want to use the disabled toilets for example, because there aren’t many and there are those with greater needs.

And a lack of information and response from clubs has prevented me from going more than once last season. Some clubs are excellent (Blackburn were excellent) and some are appalling (cough, Forest), but all clubs lose revenue to people such as myself who simply give up if we can’t get enough information and a parking space(!). A dedicated disability liaison officer is important IMO.

Good initiative and I hope it proves successful. I’ve emailed Jodi #bestmates

BornSlippySkyBlue

Good morning fellow Sky Blues, and what a scorcher. Not being one to brag but I got an email from a former player today. :love:

Plays a good email game does Jodie! It was just a “will be in touch with more info” type thing. If anyone is interested I can update this thread when I know more about it?

MacReady

Good morning fellow Sky Blues, and what a scorcher. Not being one to brag but I got an email from a former player today. :love:

Plays a good email game does Jodie! It was just a “will be in touch with more info” type thing. If anyone is interested I can update this thread when I know more about it?
I got the same email 😂

MacReady

Damn it, thought I was special. Nah, just thought it might be useful to share any info I / we receive to others on the forum. Might be useful, who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Absolutely bro. I’m not sure why I put the laughing face next to my reply. I think I was a bit hyper, still, good news the club is listening though 👍

Users who are viewing this thread