Would you travel 45 miles to watch Cov play their home games? (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

This is the distance from the Ricoh to Rushden and Diamonds old haunt. Did our beloved chairman seriously think that season ticket holders would travel that far? And did he really think that ACL would believe that the club would even get permission off the FA for such a move?

lordsummerisle

Quite a few on here who travel further than that anyway.

Seem to be thousands of City fans who won't travel a couple of miles to see them now because, "the buses aren't convenient", "the pies are too cold", "the beer is too warm", "the queue for the toilet is too long", and "not getting another penny whilst Sisu are in charge".

Never happen anyway.

torchomatic

Isn't it 90?

Anyway, it isn't going to happen.

lordsummerisle

Probably once just to see what it was like and have a piss up.

Not a bad little ground from what i remember when we played them in the League Cup.

Might cost us as much as the rent that ACL want though in lost balls considering the amount that went over the low stands.

torchomatic

Forgot to say. Yes, I would.

pusbccfc

I would go as many as possible. Would never be the same.

Also I reckon many of Away fans 'visiting' would drop dramatically.

chiefdave

I'd go as much as I do now, wouldn't make a massive amount of difference to me as I come up from Portsmouth. Surely how people view it would depend on how long it was for. If it was a case of playing the rest of this season while someone closer was made up to standard then surely people wouldn't object too much. If we're talking about years away from Cov that's a whole different story. As long as it's Coventry City I'll still be going but I can see why others wouldn't.

davebart

definitely not. it is 130 miles from where I live and takes three hours instead of two to get to the ground. disgraceful.

Personally I would not be sad to see the Ricoh go. it is entirely soulless.

SkyBlueCharlie

I'd go as much as I do now, wouldn't make a massive amount of difference to me as I come up from Portsmouth. Surely how people view it would depend on how long it was for. If it was a case of playing the rest of this season while someone closer was made up to standard then surely people wouldn't object too much. If we're talking about years away from Cov that's a whole different story. As long as it's Coventry City I'll still be going but I can see why others wouldn't.

If it's 45 miles away how can it be COVENTRY CITY, even 10 miles away from the Ricoh is not Coventry or perhaps we'll be following CCFF-Blues or something similar?

I would travel any distance to watch my team but within a year they would not be my team. Another Wimbledon / Milton Keynes situation. How many original Wimbledon fans still travel to see MK Dons. I watched the FA Cup match on telly and the AFC Wimbledon fans had had real animosity towards MK Dons. They all, barr none think there club was stolen from them and are having it flaunted in there faces, even there nick name. Same thing would be the case with Coventry. After a short period of time some other Coventry team would develope and most of the true Cov fans would get behind the cause including me, but i would never be able to accept the club i have supported for 45 years could be supported by a City of fans other than my own. i think rather than going to see them i would probably, in the end, resent them, the place and the supporters that much that my dislike for Villa or Leicester would seam like real love in comparison. With all the bollocks being discussed by the SISU, as usual, yet again they forget we are real fans with a real love for our team. I for one cannot just change teams like getting a new pair of shoes. I will not stand for anything other than my team playing in Coventry and I WILL do whatever i have to do to stop this nonsence from getting any further out of hand. My message to SISU is sort this mess out immediately becauce your gonna have a proper fight on your hands if you even think about passing our team on to someone else.

torchomatic

Oh dear, I didn't realise that's how it worked. I better rip my season ticket up and the last forty years and go and watch Racing Club Warwick instead. ;)

If it's 45 miles away how can it be COVENTRY CITY, even 10 miles away from the Ricoh is not Coventry or perhaps we'll be following CCFF-Blues or something similar?

scroobiustom

its half an hour closer to my front door - keep coming....the 02 arena would be perfect please ;)

CovMatt1987

how long do they think they could keep that joke going on for? playing in Northamptonshire.
I dont expect to see it happen - even if the rent thing isnt sorted Im not sure they will be allowed to do it.

Id like confirmation - have the club actually specified Nene Park themselves? I know they said 'we are considering other options' and all that Jazz.............but I havent heard the club directly say Nene Park. Im sure it probably is a consideration for them, just wondered.

Because to me that would be like the club saying 'basically we are not going to pay the rent that the football club itself agreed upon, nor are we willing to negotiate on a massive reduction offered to us, we dont want to pay any money really...........but we could give a flying f*** about the fans having to shell out extra money every home game to come and watch us play our HOME games at a ground 45 there and 45 miles back from Coventry'

italiahorse

definitely not. it is 130 miles from where I live and takes three hours instead of two to get to the ground. disgraceful.

Personally I would not be sad to see the Ricoh go. it is entirely soulless.

Its only soulless because its empty. I can remember similar moans about Highfield Road but we forget over time.
We need to own this stadium so we get a sense of belonging and make it a proper home. Niggles like placing the screen behind the majority of fans, cameras pointing to the most unpopulated area of the ground. Away fans behind the goals. Toilet facilities that have doors put on them that restrict access etc etc etc are all done by people who obviously don't know football. Extortionate food, drink and car parking prices that do not go to the club, I could go on ..........

To me it is not home and I only live a mile from it. Its a good start so now buy it and then invest in it and the surrounding area SISU.

SkyBlueCharlie

Oh dear, I didn't realise that's how it worked. I better rip my season ticket up and the last forty years and go and watch Racing Club Warwick instead. ;)

I gather from your post that you do travel some distance to see the City play at the Ricoh, if that's the case I admire you, particularly as you've been doing it for 40 years. What I was trying to say was that Coventry City play in Coventry not Northampton or Daventry or anywhere else apart from within the City boundaries. To me outside of Coventry it can never really be Coventry City Football Club and that's the team I support and have done for 50 years...not trying to make a point there apart from I've seen the same rubbish over the years that you have but by the sounds of it I have had the benefit of seeing the Jimmy Hill era as well.

The other point I would make is that if I couldn't follow the City I wouldn't support anyone else...just the way I'm made I suppose.

torchomatic

valiant15

I've got an idea,why dont you fuck off and support racing club,your local team? What happens with the ricoh is nothing to do with you.

torchomatic

Is that just to me or anyone who doesn't live within the "fair" City? If it's all of us, then I hope the 500 of you left have a good time. :facepalm:

I've got an idea,why dont you fuck off and support racing club,your local team? What happens with the ricoh is nothing to do with you.

Northern Sky Blue

Its travel 110 miles from my house to a home game now and I go to all of them, but if they did move I don't think I would bother as the transport links don't look that great from here. For some reason Cov seem to always play better after I have had a couple of pints, so the last thing I want to do is have to drive!

Users who are viewing this thread