Would you support a move to not renew season tickets next year (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

So the answer is a resounding ...no

Good to know

gears87

I would boycott season ticket next season if it means that these jokers leave.they are slowly killing the club and it can only a matter of time that they have to walk away anyway

ajsccfc

I wouldn't support it, it'd quite obviously create another horrendous 'us and them' divide like the people who attended Sixfields and still get accused of being Sisu loving apologist traitor scum or whatever.

eastwoodsdustman

No, In the same way I wouldn't stop paying my council tax to force the council to stay out of the clubs business or stop my kids going to the at7 or Higgs (while they still can for now) to force them out of it all.

ClarkeZ

We're missing the issue of the ongoing legal process here.
SISU are probably waiting on the result of the legal action before anything changes. No matter what we do now nothing will change or happen until that process ends.

If we were to starve sisu out we would still be reliant on someone buying the club out at a fee that SISU would accept. The only other alternative that would leave them is to liquidate the club. Its gone, ceases to exist in its entirety. No club left to support. And that would become a serious risk if we attempted it.

So the question begs how much would "we" need to club together to make a realistic purchase offer to SISU, take at best a 20'000 fan base, and lets assume that everyone wants to club in the same amount, how much is that likely to be? £100? Could you expect every one of those fans to give more? Lets say £200, thats £4million. Would SISU take that? Not a chance. If they would have accepted that they could have taken the maddison money and walked away.

Then we become at risk for losses made. Last I heard we still need somewhere between 13-16k attendances to break even. We cough up enough to buy it and then the football doesnt improve immediately (which it wont just due to new owners, changes nothing on the pitch immediately unless we can give the manager money for players) and the attendances dont reach the break even. Suddenly the club is in debt and we need to sweep around again for more money. It's not realistic.

The sad sorry fact right now is that SISU aren't going anywhere until the lawsuit ends or someone decides for some god unknown reason to buy us out at a price SISU will accept. We just have to hope we survive this season and can be sustained to stop SISU from having no choice but to liquidate the club.

rupert_bear

All pro clubs have die hard love of their club season ticket holders. I think our die hards have reached its spot of about 5000 although only an average of 2/3000 went to Northampton. I fully expect our home support to drop more once the poorer weather turns up if we stay at the bottom end of the division. Will this have an effect ? Going to have to wait and see on that.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Wouldn't support it, Joy will probably back a scorched earth policy anyway. Once SISU are done with us she'll liquidate and kill us herself.

On another thing, I'm not backing a fan ownership that would put us at the mercy of wasps and this council - we'd definitely have to find a nut job to build our own assets.

Under the wrong ownership I feel we'll end up paying extortionate amounts to wasps and CCC for very little in return

Liquid Gold

You would be hurting ccfc to get to sisu who it wouldn't matter. Income reduces then expenditure will reduce to counteract it, simple. It's like burni down your house to get a fly that's annoying you. Yeah you might get the fly but you don't have what's really important to you.

Nick

Administrator
Seems to be more shouts for Liquidation going on as well that I have seen. Very strange.

shmmeee

You don't need a protest. It's completely ineffective anyway and capitalism provides an automatic one. Currently several thousand are taking part by not finding the games value for money and not attending.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The biggest issue we have as opposed to say Portsmouth and Swansea is that our problems are that complex that our fans have different opinions on how we go forward, consequently no one can agree on a solution.

We all want SISU out but then you've got to find the answers as to who takes over, the stadium and academy issue, what about the current losses.

Then if that all works how long does the novelty of the new regime last before the fans drop off again. We've been starved of success, it's not easy to keep hold of the fan base outside of the hard core 5 or so thousand

hill83

No point asking the clowns on here, they're a very small minority who have there head firmly up there own arse.

No point asking the clowns on here
- You are a clown
they're a very small minority
- You are a smaller minority, you are only one person
who have there head firmly up there own arse
- You quite clearly have your head up you own arse to be talking like that
their
their

Thanks, all the best.

peeler

- You are a clown
- You are a smaller minority, you are only one person
- You quite clearly have your head up you own arse to be talking like that
their
their

Thanks, all the best.

If you are going to criticise others for grammar, spelling mistakes and typos, do check your own post first.

It's your own not you own

hill83

If you are going to criticise others for grammar, spelling mistakes and typos, do check your own post first.

It's your own not you own

Ha ha, fair point.

The main point was he's being a bellend, the spelling criticism was a last minute add on.

Wheelfass

If your idea got any traction, I would actively condemn it and make a point of getting a season ticket to counteract any damage it would do. In fact I'd buy 2.
Getting back to the OP.
In Evo's initial post the idea was to withhold season tickets as a way of protesting against the owners and the continuing downward spiral that we are all witnessing. There has been several protest over the years including some very well attended marches and none of these have had any significant results other than to highlight our plight to those that may otherwise have been unaware, none have impacted directly on the clubs owners.
I have the feeling that the winding up of the club isn't too far away, I can't base that on anything factual other than what we can see in front of us but I can't see any way forward under our current ownership. If that were to be the correct assumption then a total withdrawal of season ticket sales for next season shouldn't ever be counted as contributing to the demise of the club.
I'm really dubious about the fan ownership part or even who, if anyone, may or may not want to pick up the pieces. However, I believe that it remains as our only means of protest and one that we should contemplate and discuss openly. If Hill83 is thinking about purchasing 2 season tickets for next season in a act of defiance against the protest then maybe he could purchase the ones that me and Mrs Wheelfass would be happy to vacate for the cause.

Johnnythespider

I think fan ownership could only work in the short term to stabilise the club, and possibly remain in league one for a few years. You would then have to try and make it an attractive proposition for someone with the financial clout to take the club forward to come in and buy. I'm not sure this plan would bring about sisu's departure any quicker and would only hasten our drop out of the league.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

hill83

Getting back to the OP.
In Evo's initial post the idea was to withhold season tickets as a way of protesting against the owners and the continuing downward spiral that we are all witnessing. There has been several protest over the years including some very well attended marches and none of these have had any significant results other than to highlight our plight to those that may otherwise have been unaware, none have impacted directly on the clubs owners.
I have the feeling that the winding up of the club isn't too far away, I can't base that on anything factual other than what we can see in front of us but I can't see any way forward under our current ownership. If that were to be the correct assumption then a total withdrawal of season ticket sales for next season shouldn't ever be counted as contributing to the demise of the club.
I'm really dubious about the fan ownership part or even who, if anyone, may or may not want to pick up the pieces. However, I believe that it remains as our only means of protest and one that we should contemplate and discuss openly. If Hill83 is thinking about purchasing 2 season tickets for next season in a act of defiance against the protest then maybe he could purchase the ones that me and Mrs Wheelfass would be happy to vacate for the cause.

If I purchased yours and your mrs I'd have to get three then, don't forget the one for myself. That would be silly.

skybluebeduff

For a start what would the truth be about my stance that would cut me deep?
That the regular posters on here are clowns!

You've proved it here:
I wouldn't support it.

I'm not going this season as I've had enough, but if a plan like this got any traction I'd actually make a point of getting a season ticket.
Starving Sisu out is nice in theory but I highly doubt it would work and it would destroy the club even more.

So you would make a point of going against any fan action on ST sales... because you think it would destroy the club more?
Has that not already been achieved by SISU?
Your money wouldn't make a slight bit of difference, yet your actions against potentially buying one could.

Too many like you on this forum, lone wanderers.

hill83

That the regular posters on here are clowns!

You've proved it here:

So you would make a point of going against any fan action on ST sales... because you think it would destroy the club more?
Has that not already been achieved by SISU?
Your money wouldn't make a slight bit of difference, yet your actions against potentially buying one could.

Yes I stand by that. A boycott on season ticket sales would further destroy the club. How does that make me a lone wanderer? Not doubt you think I'm pro Sisu because of that?

Nick

Administrator

What is the opposite of a lone wanderer? Seems like a follower? Maybe if you just follow it means you don't have to think for yourself and go along with it?

Surely it is common sense, if hardly anybody gets a season ticket they will slash budgets even more to suit?

Users who are viewing this thread