Would you rather we lost 6-0 to Arsenal or go into extra time at 2-2? (1 Viewer)

jto123

Despite the fact i'm going to the match I think i'd prefer the former. I'm seriously concerned by our league position and I wouldn't want us wasting anymore time on a competition we're not even going to win.

charlievictor

Waste of time?

Considering the main reason we're in that league position is lack of confidence, I think taking Arsenal at home to Extra time could be exactly what the players need.

TheHellion

The best thing we can do is get it over and done with in normal time. Extra time is the absolute last thing we need at the moment in my opinion. The League has to be top priority at the moment. We need the points on the board, and for that we need a squad that isn't too fatigued.

Edit:
I wouldn't say it's a waste of time, it could give us a real confidence boost. But I just think either way, we need the game sorted in normal time.

ggrady

Oldham is a much bigger game, however losing 6-0 helps nothing. A 2-0 loss would be okay or a sneaky win in normal time

S

SkyBlue Baker96

If and that's a big if, we win tomorrow night I feel our season can turn around and boost the players confidence!

jabharty

Despite the fact i'm going to the match I think i'd prefer the former. I'm seriously concerned by our league position and I wouldn't want us wasting anymore time on a competition we're not even going to win.
Do you realise that we get money for every game we win?
Also, as the others said, confidence is key. Also, one question, why on earth would you want us to become even more of a laughing stock by losing 6-0? Losing by a smaller margin and actually putting an effort in could boost the players and not make us look crap.

skybluesteve76

Tomorrow means nothing! It's all about getting up the league for me and fast!
A heavy defeat would be very damaging I think.
To Totally contradict myself tho, if we were to somehow how pull off a miracle, it would do us the world if good.:)

neilyboy67

you cannot be serious FFS???????????????? i dont care if i get in at 2 in the morning if its extra time,certainly for those going i think we would love if it we competed down there, and sod the extra few minutes hardly gonna wreck the players is it????

neilyboy67

Tomorrow means nothing! It's all about getting up the league for me and fast!
A heavy defeat would be very damaging I think.
To Totally contradict myself tho, if we were to somehow how pull off a miracle, it would do us the world if good.:)

not if your bringing the kids who probably wont sleep through excitement tonight and who prob wont get a chance to visit a club this size for many a year! but then thats just my position i suppose.

Sick Boy

I can't wait for the Geordieesque comments about how great our fans are and how we deserve to be in the Premier League.

Black6Osprey

I don't think getting stuffed tomorrow will help us but this game isn't important. My main concern is the players raising the bar for this one in front of a big crowd but not being able to get up for a game at Oldham, which is much more important.

Mucca Mad Boys

No offence, but...

WHAT A STUPID POST!!!!!

Getting humilated 6-0 or giving it a real go and getting pipped in ET or pens!? You on drugs!?

Capital One Cup doesn't mean much, League is the priority, but beating Arsenal would make morale go sky high and maybe improve league results!

Also, if we win, we could get a big team home or away, another big day for the SBA! Plus more revenue.

Astute

Do you think any of us want to lose 6-0?

I know it is a big ask, but all I want is for us to compete and not to take a hiding. Losing by a couple of goals wouldn't be a disaster. Losing on pens would be a good result, although we know we have penalty takers in the side. I know how I would feel if we lost 6-0

gary_ccfcforever

to be honest il be glad when this game is out of the way, players seemed to have one eye on this fixture and have took their eye off the ball. need to get back to our bread and butter.

Dont get me wrong obviously i want us to win, and even a draw and extra time defeat would put confidence into this side

ccfcway

would be ironic for certian players to have had one eye on this fixture, only to find out they are not playing due to form !

Sky Blues

What proportion of the gate do we receive from an away game in this cup? If it is 50/50, that £300,000 from tonight would be very useful to a club like us. Pulling off a miracle win against The Arsenal and landing another big club in the next round could mean we have rake in enough off this competition to avoid a player sale or to bring a player in next January. That player could make a difference over the second half of the season. Hell, maybe this tie has already financed a loan deal more than the board originally intended to sanction?

Realistically, we're not going to win it and we're highly unlikely to get through tonight, but we can enjoy it - and the revenue boost - while it lasts.

covcity4life

dumb thread,user should be banned

i think we will lose 6-0 but who the fuck would prefer it over taking arsenal to extra time????

rob9872

I don't care if they get nil, one or ten providing we get zero if any of my dreamteam defenders are starting for them :)

SkyBlueM

Neither - a good performance is the most important objective - something that can give the lads some confidence - push them but loose by the odd goal and no extra time would be fine for me.

Covstu

Sorry daft post! If we took them to extra time, that would be extraordinary! We are expected to get beaten and beaten soundly,
So to come out of this by losing by just 2 would be a great achievement. Sadly isn't going to happen

skybluelee

Cant believe i am giving this nonsense question the time of day but 2-2 and extra time obviously. The extra energy used in et would be offset a hundred fold by the confidence boost that would be taken from giving them a decent game.

Users who are viewing this thread