Would you rather Thorns polished Diamond or Boothroyds Hoofball (1 Viewer)

Boothroyd or Thorn

• Hoofball

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Unpolished Diamante

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters
Would you rather Thorns unpolished Diamonte or Boothroyds Hoofball with the CURRENT squad?

Sterling Archer

With the current squad it would make no difference.

I'd rather watch us lose attempting to play football then lose whilst acquiring a chronic neck problem.

Sterling Archer

Can anyone tell me why we defend with 11 men at corners?

1. 90% of clubs do these days.
2. It all started with that plank Coleman and every manager we've had since has done it.
3. I hate it. Leave someone between penalty box and centre circle at least, relieve some pressure instead of the ball coming out and going straight back in again.

In its defence, I don't remember us conceding from a corner in ages.

kg82

Ohhh the choice! Well, I wouldn't have Boothroyd back, full stop! So it would have to be Thorn.

As for the corner thing - God knows. Like Sterling says, CColeman started it and everyone since has followed suit. It's ridiculous! Invites pressure and in these torrid times, if there's one thing the team don't want is to INVITE pressure!

1. 90% of clubs do these days.

Not when they come to the Ricoh. I've watched this for the last few games and the majority of teams leave a player up the park. Lets be honest Mcsheff or Cody Mac won't be much use defending corners as they are tiny.

It would also force the opposition to leave two defenders on the halfway line instead of leaving just one in our half and everyone else in the box.

Paxman II

The poll is too ambiguous. Boothroyd has gone so why a choice with him?

How about: keep Thorn or replace Thorn?

I would replace him. After the last three winnable games he has shown to lack the ability expected of a manager at this level.

harvey098

I dont think that was the question. I personally dont want to replace thorn but I would try hoofball for a bit.... under Thorn! We all agreed that it worked until we got found out last year. Every team will come to the ricoh and set up with a high line and pressure us in our own half because they know what to expect.

Keep thorn because there is no other option and I think the players respect him but mix up the style of play for a few games. See if our fortunes change.

Nonleagueherewecome

Thorn with Boothroyd's squad and playing budget!

EleanorRigby

I would welcome whatever system brought us the 13 or 14 wins that would keep us in this division, wouldn't bother me if every attack was launched from Murphy straight to the front 2 so long as we score more than our opponents

wingy

I would replace him. After the last three winnable games he has shown to lack the ability expected of a manager at this level.

We had one a week or two ago,came out in favour of sacking 55% -45%.

ICHAN

Cheers for that wingy asked you somewhere on another thread about the result but you ignore me.;).
Close then, I wonder how many have changed their mind now either way? :confused:

wingy

Cheers for that wingy asked you somewhere on another thread about the result but you ignore me.;).
Close then, I wonder how many have changed their mind now either way? :confused:

sorry Ichan must have missed that post ,don't take it as gospel but last i looked that was where it was as it dissappeared off the page.Could have gone either way since ,surprising really the weight of the Thorn out threads ,but they were often started by the same posters ,and the weight of defence whilst strong seemed lesser.Now i hav'nt changed my view ,but believe he will be gone regardless ,,a poll may show possible another 5% for him going.:p

JHarding1987

I actually think Bothroyd was unlucky. At the start of last season we played Hoofball & won alot of games a few we didn't deserve to, notably Doncaster, but we were winning & in the top 6. We then started to play alot more attractive football, dominating teams, playing them off the park, but not getting the deserved result, notably Swansea & Sheff U. I do remember Aidy saying results first, style later. He was true to his word & very unlucky IMHO. I wasn't a Bothroyd fan, I was disgusted at the Donny performance even though we won. Thing was he told the truth & was genuinly happy to be our manager.

stupot07

Hang on the question is "Thorns POLISHED diamond or Aidy's hoofball?". If it's POLISED and working cohesively like it did at the back end of last season then it's the diamond all the way for me.

Forget your formations - football is supposedly a simple game innit - so why can't we adopt the following very complex aspects of the game:

Keeper to stop SPILLING the ball to opposition strikers

Defenders to concentrate for FULL 90 minutes +
Defenders to contribute goals from SET PIECES

Midfielders that can CREATE chances for the strikers
Midfielders that can SHOOT more often
Midfielders that can pass and move FORWARDS

Strikers to play more centrally and not go WANDERING up and down the flanks

Manager to respond to the NEED to change tactics when appropriate

See, told you it was simples !!!

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread