Would you pay £64 to watch City? (1 Viewer)

Noggin

1 top of the table Premiership clash in one of the best stadia in England or 3 well below average league 1 games in an empty soulless Ricoh, I know which I'd prefer.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Good point . Are city worth £20 currently ? No. Would I pay upward of £60 if we were Prem League? No.

Last edited:

Hobo

What are Burnley, Leicester and QPR charging? That would be a better comparison, especially the first two as they are outside of London.

Otis

Nope, not for me.

If it was £64 that would have me reduced to that of an armchair fan only unfortunately.

SkyBlueSid

I think I might pay as much as £64 to watch City next season.

I must have missed it so I'm assuming that this is the price for my season ticket.

Johnnythespider

This is of course the irony of our situation. We would, I'm sure, all love to see the club back in the premier league, but the price hike involved would stop me and many others from attending. We shouldn't worry about this though, as in our place a new prawn sandwich eating breed of sky blue superfan would emerge from the nutrient rich waters of Ryton pools.

MichaelCCFC

Nope, not for me.

If it was £64 that would have me reduced to that of an armchair fan only unfortunately.

Same here, which was why I did the OP. £64 for a ticket, a 20 year old turns down £100k a week, £5bn tv deal. Can't be right?

pusbccfc

I'm sure like many I would do it for one season. If we got promoted to the top flight, I would ensure I would go to every game home and away, but if we ended up maintaining our premier league place, I wouldn't pay up to £60 for a ticket.

Stoke only took a few hundred to Chelsea today, £45 a ticket is expensive for a tea time game on sky, especially when they have played away at Chelsea 4 times in the last 3 years.

stupot07

Hmm I'm not sure. If it was a one off cup final, semi, etc I would be I don't think I would be able to justify spending £1,216 on just me watching us playing in the PL (+ at least 1 child on top). The boss would be putting her foot down..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlueRuffian

It's worth knowing the price of tickets for such clubs, for when we finally go bust and are looking for another team to follow.

oucho

You would probably reduce the number of games you attended. Where this would leave our already thinning crowds is anyone's guess. Not sure that people like Kev Monks would be able to keep up but it's a few less league games so who knows?

M&B Stand

You would probably reduce the number of games you attended. Where this would leave our already thinning crowds is anyone's guess. Not sure that people like Kev Monks would be able to keep up but it's a few less league games so who knows?

Kev will always go whatever.
Just paid £14 Italy v England
Ireland v England is a whopping £52

The Gentleman

If Cov were as good as Arsenal and I could afford it, then yes. Seemed like a lot of people there today didn't mind either.

ccfcway

if i am honest, i would pay £1000 to watch cov under certain circumstances, and not go if the tickets were free for other circumstances (mainly due to the costs of getting there)

letsallsingtogether

Only a twat would pay that.
Then again I have been called that on numerous occasions. . :)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Kev will always go whatever.
Just paid £14 Italy v England
Ireland v England is a whopping £52

I'd happily pay to see that game! Pop in to see some kinfolk at the same time! :D

chiefdave

It depends what standpoint you come at it from. £64 is not bad for top tier entertainment in London. There's plenty of shows and events in London, and elsewhere, that will cost you a lot more than that. And of course the fact that its so hard to get a ticket for Arsenal tells you they don't need to lower prices.

Its not the cost thats really the problem, more the affordability for people who come from what would traditionally be the demographic of football supporters. Football is more and more about the corporates. The question is if and when that bubble bursts and its not fashionable anymore will the traditional fan base still be there?

There's also a problem of the ever increasing gap between the wealth of the top clubs and the rest. If we were in the PL what could we get away with charging to fill the ground, maybe £40 or £50, and our stadium is half the capacity so ever home game we'd only be taking around 25% of the revenue Arsenal take. Unless we move to revenue sharing and salary floors and caps there's not an easy answer.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I could get a bloody good takeaway from my local Indian restaurant for £64, or even half that. Always excellent and I know what I'm getting.

Sky Blue Harry H

I could get a bloody good takeaway from my local Indian restaurant for £64, or even half that. Always excellent and I know what I'm getting.

Paying £10 or £30 doesn't matter to me if I go to watch us play, as if I want to go, I want to go. If I attended every game, I would care a lot more about the price. £64 is a rip off, no doubt. If I was young,free and single (I'm none of them!) I would go to most of City's games home and away, and for those that do the prices are prohibitive (especially when you factor in the cost of the away day experience). One thing I will never count on is the quality of what will be served up by the City. For every MK 3-2 away, there is a 3-0 Notts County experience. Tomorrow I'm hoping for some karma after last year's debacle. Roll on tomorrow.

skybluedan

Paying £10 or £30 doesn't matter to me if I go to watch us play, as if I want to go, I want to go. If I attended every game, I would care a lot more about the price. £64 is a rip off, no doubt. If I was young,free and single (I'm none of them!) I would go to most of City's games home and away, and for those that do the prices are prohibitive (especially when you factor in the cost of the away day experience). One thing I will never count on is the quality of what will be served up by the City. For every MK 3-2 away, there is a 3-0 Notts County experience. Tomorrow I'm hoping for some karma after last year's debacle. Roll on tomorrow.

Amen brother......

Terry Gibson's perm

I think £64 is too much but it would be nice to be in a position where we have the opportunity to pay that to watch us as Arsenal as we would be back in the prem, sadly I can't ever see that happening.

letsallsingtogether

I don't mind paying more if it was spent on the team.

After all like has been mentioned before if you shop in poundland you get what you get.
unfortunately we are miles from there.
We can only shop at the charity Shop for out of work footballers that are deemed not good enough for their current owners.

turlykerd

£64 is roughly how much it costs for me to come up from the south coast to watch us anyway , and that's the reason why I can't go to as many home games as id like

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
£64 is roughly how much it costs for me to come up from the south coast to watch us anyway , and that's the reason why I can't go to as many home games as id like

Same here, but add a further £48 ferry cost. :(

mark82

Same here, which was why I did the OP. £64 for a ticket, a 20 year old turns down £100k a week, £5bn tv deal. Can't be right?

I agree, it's ridiculous. I think ticket prices at our level for the quality you get are almost as ridiculous too though. I don't think I could even justify doing the occasional game at that price.

bruthead

£64 for an Arsenal category A game like Liverpool. If we were Prem we would be category C at the Emirates so more like £30.

Users who are viewing this thread