Would you have the wee one back as manager? (3 Viewers)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'd rather stick hot needles into my eyeballs than have that twat back!

torchomatic

No I fucking wouldn't!!

Gordon Strachan?
what a wum u are, the little dick that got us relegated with his stubborness, and when he was under pressure and couldnt answer a question he always tried to be funny and clever, hate that man with a passion, never understood how aloisi was kept on the bench all season and never given a chance yet went to la liga and scored around 15 goals a season for 3 years

Grendel

Strachan must be gutted. I am sure he was champing at the bit to take over and return to the big time after his exile in Celtic.

Grendel

You forget about his successful time with Middlesbrough?

No you're right I take it all back he'll be desperate to join us perhaps he can do it free and be Bobby gpulds deputy,

I was being ironic at the notion that strachan is not good enough to be our manager. Pretty amusing I think.

wingy

Making me chuckle now ,just even thinking about john Sproul trying to get to him ,and lamp him , i do believe the ban is now over.

slyblue57

Anyone who suggests that he should come back clearly was nt watching us when he was manager.
Southampton at home remember that ?

Grendel

Dunno. Remember an f a cup quarter final and a top 10 finish though.

Grendel

Well I think we agree on that. Don't even quite understand where this started. Perhaps we will just have to settle for his able deputy Garry pendrey. He was a class act if I recall correctly.

Tankie

No I fucking wouldn't!!

"Oh come on torch, get off the fence"
4_12_12.gif

skybluelee

In fairnness the last happy memories I have are of Strachan's 5 years in charge. From memory;

Winning twice at Vile Park 97/98, 98/99
Winning at Anfield in 97/98
Beating Man U in 97/98
Beating Chelsea pretty much every time we played them at HR
Beating Arsenal in 99/00
Beating Spurs more times than they beat us including a 4-0 in 97/98

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Well I have to admit from growing up in the 90's, the Gordan Strachan era is the best football I've ever witnessed at CCFC. Huckers, Dublin, Thommo, Hadji, Chippo, Froggat, Keano, McAllister - you have to say they were great times especially compared to now right?!

Moff

Well I have to admit from growing up in the 90's, the Gordan Strachan era is the best football I've ever witnessed at CCFC. Huckers, Dublin, Thommo, Hadji, Chippo, Froggat, Keano, McAllister - you have to say they were great times especially compared to now right?!

It was great football and a good attacking, entertaining team...

BUT

for that team above we nearly bankrupted ourselves, as Richardson wanted to have a punt, and it was for the spending spree on those players (an others like Delorge and Normann - what was he thinking) that has left us in the financial abyss we are now in,

so for those good players above we now have Deegan, Platt, Odonovan, Bell, McDonald,
Hreidarsson, Hussey, Baker etc etc :facepalm:

mememe

like a shot. i cant get the hate toward him,, it was the board that sold the players from beneath the guys feet!! Thorn or Strachan there is just no comparison, i guarantee you if the players were polled they would go for strachan. at least he has experience, strength and tenacity and a personality ...

Thron: a bumbling inexperienced womble with no idea what hes doing, would have been sacked by 99% of other clubs by now even if he was a professional manager(which he isnt), he looks like a breakdown job in interviews and his tactics are astonishing and very frustrating.

but ahh .. hes a nice bloke hey

get Gordon in at least we will go down fighting

stupot07

like a shot. i cant get the hate toward him,, it was the board that sold the players from beneath the guys feet!! Thorn or Strachan there is just no comparison, i guarantee you if the players were polled they would go for strachan. at least he has experience, strength and tenacity and a personality ...

Thron: a bumbling inexperienced womble with no idea what hes doing, would have been sacked by 99% of other clubs by now even if he was a professional manager(which he isnt), he looks like a breakdown job in interviews and his tactics are astonishing and very frustrating.

but ahh .. hes a nice bloke hey

get Gordon in at least we will go down fighting

You do realise that Strachen was a managerial novice when he took over?

ccfctommy

Making me chuckle now ,just even thinking about john Sproul trying to get to him ,and lamp him , i do believe the ban is now over.

Yeah his ban is now over and he sits with my dad now. He has a bar in his back garden where people drink before games!

TheHellion

Whilst I have very fond memories of the Strachan era, there is no way he'll be back at the club.

There were many great top flight moments in the Premier League under Strachan's tenure. I believe we went on a long (possibly a club record?) winning run in 97/98 on our way to 11th, which I believe had us in contention for a UEFA Cup place that season until the last couple of games. The 99/00 season was, in my mind, a missed opportunity for better things. Such was our home form, that if we'd won but a handful of away games that year as well, we'd have been up there pushing the European places again.

However, it was under Strachan's tenure that we did see the seeds sown for where the club is now. But I would say, we have not just Strachan to blame for that. I place more blame on Richardson than Strachan for the financial mess of the club that has yet to be overcome. I blame Strachan for the fact that our form on the pitch in the end was not good enough and yes there were some "questionable" buys in there, and I believe he should have stepped down at the end of the 99/00 season. He went too far.

Brighton Sky Blue

Whilst I have very fond memories of the Strachan era, there is no way he'll be back at the club.

There were many great top flight moments in the Premier League under Strachan's tenure. I believe we went on a long (possibly a club record?) winning run in 97/98 on our way to 11th, which I believe had us in contention for a UEFA Cup place that season until the last couple of games. The 99/00 season was, in my mind, a missed opportunity for better things. Such was our home form, that if we'd won but a handful of away games that year as well, we'd have been up there pushing the European places again.

However, it was under Strachan's tenure that we did see the seeds sown for where the club is now. But I would say, we have not just Strachan to blame for that. I place more blame on Richardson than Strachan for the financial mess of the club that has yet to be overcome. I blame Strachan for the fact that our form on the pitch in the end was not good enough and yes there were some "questionable" buys in there, and I believe he should have stepped down at the end of the 99/00 season. He went too far.

Summer of 2000: Keane out, Bellamy in. McAllister out, nobody in. Put those 2 together, you're asking for trouble. Richardson's 'Relegation is the best thing to ever happen to this club' sounds more incredulous every season that goes by-and where is he now? Who knows.

torchomatic

Yeah, spending money we didn't have, being relegated, Gary Pendry. All those Hondurans....happy days.

In fairnness the last happy memories I have are of Strachan's 5 years in charge. From memory;

Winning twice at Vile Park 97/98, 98/99
Winning at Anfield in 97/98
Beating Man U in 97/98
Beating Chelsea pretty much every time we played them at HR
Beating Arsenal in 99/00
Beating Spurs more times than they beat us including a 4-0 in 97/98

rob9872

There is a great piece in John Gregory's book where Strachan found out from him that Villa were signing Dion, since the board hadn't even told him.

I'm not sure he was ever a great manager even after us, but he has passion, humour and demands respect and standards from players at the club. Those are qualities that we are lacking at this present time.

skybluelee

Yeah, spending money we didn't have, being relegated, Gary Pendry. All those Hondurans....happy days.

You'll be getting all of that this season as well, with the possible exception of the Hondurans and Gary Pendry, so you'll be cock-a-hoop again come May.

Grendel

There is a great piece in John Gregory's book where Strachan found out from him that Villa were signing Dion, since the board hadn't even told him.

I'm not sure he was ever a great manager even after us, but he has passion, humour and demands respect
from players at the club. Those are qualities that we are lacking at this present time.

100% agee a very good summary especially the qualities that we now see absolutely none of.

Colonel Mustard

like a shot. i cant get the hate toward him,, it was the board that sold the players from beneath the guys feet!!

He did have players sold from under him. But he was the one who decided it would be in the best interests of a struggling team to keep the likes of Edworthy, Breen, and Aloisi on the bench. Remember Barry Quinn as fullback? Brrrrr. We saw some good times under his tenure, but his utter stubbornness in the final 18 months or so ensured relegation.

rob9872

I have to agree on the being stubborn. Would never make a change if the crowd were telling him to do so even if it was obvious. I also remember him making a clearly injured Hedman stay on and was the first in a long line of successors who have tried playing square pegs in round holes.

Users who are viewing this thread