WOuld you have Mifsud back??? (1 Viewer)

Glen

Just throwing something different out there as sick and tired of syaing how shit we are

scroobiustom

question should be would you have Kirkland back and the answer yes!

Marty

Westwood is up for loan. :whistle:

No, Mifsud is a donkey.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The Mifsud of few years ago yes, I don't think it would be fair to say weather I would have him back now as I haven't seen him play for years.

pusbccfc

Well hes better than rod, cody and eastwood and is probably on £100 a week.
Then yes.

Changeyourface

Mifsud was easily our most overated player in the last few years, couldn't shoot, couldn't jump, lacked talent, lacked a first touch but had a bit of pace. Rather have Julian Joachim back, least he had a bit of talent.

Grendel

Mifsud was easily our most overated player in the last few years, couldn't shoot, couldn't jump, lacked talent, lacked a first touch but had a bit of pace. Rather have Julian Joachim back, least he had a bit of talent.

Scored 17 in a season. Good going for a bloke who couldn't shoot.

Changeyourface

Scored 17 in a season. Good going for a bloke who couldn't shoot.

He wasted a pathetic amount of chances, he had a good couple of months in one season. But his shooting was shocking, I'll never understand how the lucky bastard managed 17 goals in his whole career.

Grendel

He wasted a pathetic amount of chances, he had a good couple of months in one season. But his shooting was shocking, I'll never understand how the lucky bastard managed 17 goals in his whole career.

Nor me couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo apparently. Thank god he's gone and we have those goal machines Eastwood, platt and McDonald.

if he lacked talent im glad u aint our scout, some games he was unplayable, compared to what we have now he is a world beater

@richh87

The reason Mifsud was a good striker was he played to his strengths.

He had loads of pace and was always on the shoulder of the last man ready for a through-ball.

Also, he was extremely selfish - but 17 goals is 17 goals to be fair.

Stevec189

Didn't Sheffers score 17 goals one season? Nifsud had one asset - pace- once defenders had worked him out he done for. PUSB

Delboycov

Went to his head I am afraid the minute of fame that is

I would have him back though

I think he was very poorly advised by his agent and made the mistake of believing the hype. I'd have him back though...I don't think after the way his career has nosedived since he left he'd make the same mistake again and he'd certainly have the motivation.

johnwillomagic

No thanks......look at what he has done with this career since he left us......erm says it all really!

His attitude sucked personally.

If was willing to tough it out in league 1 with league 1 wages then he might be a risk worth taking. Something tells me though he would rate himself much higher than that both financially and as a player despite his latest career stats saying to the contrary.

Also I cannot believe people are criticising Eastwood this season....he cannot do much if he does not play. Yesterday was screaming out for him to be pitched on by Thorn......even play three up and go shit or bust. What do we do stick Bell and Baker on the anonymous duo one Cov fan I spoke to in Three Guineus pub did not even know that Baker had come on! :facepalm:

CovLis86

Surely same stands for any player - If they will fight for the shirt, and can add something to the team, id accept anyone.
Its half the reason theres a few players in the squad right now I simply cant stand, because I feel like they are just collecting their pay packet every week.

PVA

The guy is over 30 and is playing in Malta. If you think he is good enough to play at Championship level, or even league one, you are incredibly naive.

SkyBlueScottie

No, I truely believe we had him at the height of career, his pace alongside Dele was a threat, however his finishing was hit and miss. I remember early on for us against Barnsely we beat them 4 - 1, he scored (finally) but had missed many one on ones.

Plus its pretty clear his attitude stunk, Bristol were in the hunt for the play offs at the time they wanted him and he effed it up with his demands.

cornoccfc

Bit late now.

Shame he had awful agents advising him.

Was a comfortably a championship quality player (no more), good international record but his time has probably been and gone now.

ccfc_Tom

Wouldnt even want him back for league 1. Only asset was pace and he must have lost some of it in the years since leaving us.

Yorkshire SB

If he is the player he was, I'd have him back in a heartbeat. Some laughable comments about him on here, still got a lot of time for guy after his performance at Old Trafford. I'm 20 years old and seen nothing but a slow decline from Coventry, but for me that night made it all worthwhile and he was sensational!

Users who are viewing this thread