Would you have Isaac Osborne back ? (1 Viewer)

lynch14

Been released because he wants to move back to the midlands.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Nope, he was dreadful.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Could be a very good signing but unfortunaetly he gets injured watching match of the day

skybluelee

I have no idea about his recent injury record but if fit he'd walk into our side. People seem to have forgotten quite how far we've fallen.

SkyBlueScottie

After being released by Coventry, he went on trial at Aberdeen.[13] The day after his trial was announced, the club says they confirmed their interests signing him.[14] The following month, Osbourne went on another trial at the Dons to earn a contract.[15]
On 30 June 2011, he signed a one year contract with Aberdeen, following a trials.[16] Upon joining, Osbourne says the club [Aberdeen] have helped his career by overcoming his injury and credit Craig Brown for reviving his career.[17] Ahead of his debut, Osbourne says he is delighted of making his Aberdeen debut and describe it as a "dream".[18] During the transfer window, his brother, Isiah, joined SPL rivals Hibernian. He made his debut in a 0–0 draw against St. Johnstone in the opening game of the season.[19] Having made a immediate impact, Brown revealed he started a contract negotiations to tie up Osbourne new deal.[20] In early January, Osbourne soon suffered an hamstring injury during a match against Forfar Athletic in the fourth round in the Scottish Cup and was substituted in the first half[21] and needed a knee operation.[22] During the sidelines, he signed a one-year contract extension, which will keep him until 2013.[23] Three months later, on the final game of the season, Osbourne made his return, coming on as a substitute for Kári Árnason in a 75th minutes, as Aberdeen drew 0-0 with St. Mirren.[24]
He started the 2012/13 season strongly, putting in three man of the match performances in succession. On 18 August 2012, he scored his first goal in 176 competitive appearances, for Aberdeen against St. Johnstone in Perth.[25] In November, during a match against Hibs on 24 November 2012, he suffered another hamstring injury that cause him to be out for two months.[26] In early January, Osbourne soon made a recovery from injury and return to full training.[27] In February, Osbourne spoke out about his contract says his career in Aberdeen is in doubt over his personal issue, with his contract is going to expire in the summer.[28] However, a week later, Osbourne suffered an injury again and it's was a same injury he suffered during the season.[29]

Dodgy Hamstrings....

Always thought his brother was a better player though, of course thats only based on a few games on tv and MOTD

SkyBlueHomer

Had to play as right back most of the time & done a steady job. If he was prepared to come back on a play as you play basis yes, we cant afford to carry players now.

Would walk into this team at the minute & could be a big influence from what I've seen in this league, its a very poor standard.

Brighton Sky Blue

Had to play as right back most of the time & done a steady job. If he was prepared to come back on a play as you play basis yes, we cant afford to carry players now.

Would walk into this team at the minute & could be a big influence from what I've seen in this league, its a very poor standard.

The SPL is close in standard to our league and I'm telling you the bloke was nothing special and is also injury prone.

Nonleagueherewecome

I'd take him back as long as we play him CM. It would be nice to have a ball-winner again.

SkyBlueHomer

The SPL is close in standard to our league and I'm telling you the bloke was nothing special and is also injury prone.

Dont know the SPL so can't comment on the comparison. If he'll come on the cheap as pay as you play think it may be worth a pop. By the time we get the embargo sorted think we'll be left with the scraps anyway. Everyone else has almost a month start on us to get deals sorted.

I'd love him back. Cracking player, plus Pressley wants to bring in some talent from the Scottish Leagues, so it wouldnt suprise me to see him back. He just needs to keep up his fitness

Sky Blue Kid

Disagree Brighton, SPL is at least on a par with the Championship. I recall Coventry took a battering against ICT this season in a friendly. In fact we never do well against SPL teams. Motherwell springs to mind in the (I think) Texaco cup....got beaten 4-3 agg, then walloped 4-2 agg the following season this was when we had a bloody good team and played in the Prem/1st Div. Mid 80's a 1-1 draw against St Mirren in Anglo-Scottish Cup.
PS...Osbourne rarely played in his proper position at CM.....playing at RB takes its toll on hamstrings with twisting and turning when defending. This was the big negative playing him there.

tehspecialone

Facebook User
Disagree Brighton, SPL is at least on a par with the Championship. I recall Coventry took a battering against ICT this season in a friendly. In fact we never do well against SPL teams. Motherwell springs to mind in the (I think) Texaco cup....got beaten 4-3 agg, then walloped 4-2 agg the following season this was when we had a bloody good team and played in the Prem/1st Div. Mid 80's a 1-1 draw against St Mirren in Anglo-Scottish Cup.
PS...Osbourne rarely played in his proper position at CM.....playing at RB takes its toll on hamstrings with twisting and turning when defending. This was the big negative playing him there.

We also took a battering against Wrexham in a friendly. I think he'd be fine at this level, but Pressley has said that he wants a smaller squad this season. Why would he bother signing people who are clearly injury prone?

Brighton Sky Blue

Aside from Celtic only Motherwell would stand a chance of staying up in the Championship. I'm not saying they'd struggle in League 1-some of them would be in play off contention (and I include Caley in that bracket), but watching it on a regular basis the standard is poor. Osbourne has had regular football at Aberdeen and hasn't stood out-and in our financial situation he isn't worth the gamble on anything more than non contract terms.

Just because we lose to a team in pre-season doesn't make that team necessarily good!

Brighton Sky Blue

Dont know the SPL so can't comment on the comparison. If he'll come on the cheap as pay as you play think it may be worth a pop. By the time we get the embargo sorted think we'll be left with the scraps anyway. Everyone else has almost a month start on us to get deals sorted.

To put it into context-the bottom club, Dundee, had Colin Nish on loan, as a first team regular, from Hartlepool who were comfortably relegated from our league. Aberdeen are roughly on a par with us-a cracking goalkeeper (Langfield), a decent goalscorer (McGinn), but crap in between.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Brighton Sky Blue.....
Motherwell springs to mind in the (I think) Texaco cup....got beaten 4-3 agg, then walloped 4-2 agg the following season this was when we had a bloody good team and played in the Prem/1st Div.

I don't know whether you missed that bit, or chose to ignore it!...... A massive difference between Prem/1st Div and the 3rd Div.
Teams like Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, Hibernian, have always(Or near enough) played top flight Scottish football, and imho would give teams like us a a bit of a beating. Even Rangers present team would wallop us....and look where they are!
You may have watched a bit of Scottish football, but I've played against some of them in Cup Comps. They are a different breed to English style of playing, no tippy tappy, they get stuck in.

Brighton Sky Blue

@ Brighton Sky Blue.....
Motherwell springs to mind in the (I think) Texaco cup....got beaten 4-3 agg, then walloped 4-2 agg the following season this was when we had a bloody good team and played in the Prem/1st Div.

I don't know whether you missed that bit, or chose to ignore it!...... A massive difference between Prem/1st Div and the 3rd Div.
Teams like Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, Hibernian, have always(Or near enough) played top flight Scottish football, and imho would give teams like us a a bit of a beating. Even Rangers present team would wallop us....and look where they are!
You may have watched a bit of Scottish football, but I've played against some of them in Cup Comps. They are a different breed to English style of playing, no tippy tappy, they get stuck in.

How long ago was that though? Scottish football has dropped massively since the heady days of the '80s and early '90s. Don't just take my word for it-the national team hasn't qualified for anything since 1998, and its best clubs outwith the OF get most of their players from our lower leagues. It's sad to see but the state of the game in Scotland is nowhere near what it was.

Users who are viewing this thread