Would you buy the club? (1 Viewer)

rswxite

So you buy a ticket for tommorow nights euromillions, and you hit the jackpot all £117 mill.

So....Would you buy the club? How much of your new found winfall would you be willing to invest? Would you go for broke and buy sisu out completely? Buy the Ricoh? and then provide AT with a bottomless transfer kitty and wages?

What would you do? ;)

TheRoyalScam

a] Yes.
b] About £100m.
c] Absolutely, otherwise I wouldn't be interested.
d] Hopefully.
e] Unfortunately not bottomless - realistic would be more appropriate!

pusbccfc

Leicester owner is worth 120mill

Regis87

I am on my way out the door to buy the telegraph and a golden ticket for tonights draw , wish me luck ,

Marty

I wouldn't buy the club, but i would give Thorn 37mill to spend on up and coming stars, that'll leave me with a nice round figure of 80 mill left to spend :whistle:

blueflint

i prayed to god to let me win lotto i didn't win i prayed again on wed and didn't win i prayed again on fri and a bright light came down from heaven and god spoke to me he said give me some help here at least buy a ticket :D:D:D:slap:

chiefdave

I don't think you'd want to invest a heap of money without taking control / ownership. Putting £40m in to buy the ground isn't too much of a risk as you'd own an asset, although how much a football ground is worth without a team to play in it is debateable.

You'd need around £6m to cover losses as you'd have to allow a year minimum to turn the business round and say £10m in a transfer kitty.

So realistically you'd have to put somewhere in the region of £60m which out of that jackpot shouldn't be a problem.

Of course that all assumes that SISU would cut their losses and get out, if you have to pay them £30m plus for ownership then it's a much different proposition.

The biggest issue for me is that you'd need some plan / prospect of turning it into at least a break even business and I'm not convinced that just by owning the statium is a magic bullet that will solve our problems, it will go a long way for sure but if we're still losing money eventually we're back in a mess again.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
well id try invest my winnnings somewhere where i would make more so i could buy the club otherwise id give thorn around 20 mill to buy players and get us promoted ;)

les_miserables

In short YES. £117million is about 116million999 thousand pounds more than I have at the moment. So keeping a couple of million for myself the rest would be used towards MY club. There are no pockets in shrouds, and graveyards are full of rich people just as dead as the poor ones.

Last edited:

CovScott88

Absolutely, 100000% yes. If I had that kind of money, I would do all I physically could to help the club. I'm pretty sure that alot of us would do all we could, if it benefited our beloved Coventry City. Ok, so I'm off to buy a few lines of lottery tickets, whilst also searching for a mega-rich Oil Tycoon who has a single daughter. Why have £117m, when you could have £217m+?! Wish me luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread