Worth supporting: (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Well yeah, but do you think they knew what a pair of cunts they are or did they just see someone giving them alife line?
I'm not sure what you mean?

It was the likes of kalns and Johnson who made the decisions. It was them who tried to use the women's team against the men's team with the fans.

So the best thing is just take the relegation and go from there now, surely? Unless they find an investor to plough so much in.

clint van damme

I'm not sure what you mean?

It was the likes of kalns and Johnson who made the decisions. It was them who tried to use the women's team against the men's team with the fans.

So the best thing is just take the relegation and go from there now, surely? Unless they find an investor to plough so much in.

I mean what do you think the ladies should have done at the time when Ccfc withdrew funding?
I don't think you can blame them for the actions of Johnson and co.
Personally I'd like to see the whole cov united project crumble so hopefully their future isn't under that umbrella

NorthernWisdom

And as long as we can afford it then I’m with you. Don’t want to do a Coventry United and realise we can’t sustain 2 teams
Goes back to whether our owners have the interests of football in the city as their prime motivation, or an attempt to rinse for profit and who cares about fitness, wellbeing, civic pride and identity and the like.

Hmmm, RIP senior women's football in Coventry, then!

Nick

Administrator
I mean what do you think the ladies should have done at the time when Ccfc withdrew funding?
I don't think you can blame them for the actions of Johnson and co.
Personally I'd like to see the whole cov united project crumble so hopefully their future isn't under that umbrella
Johnson and kalns were the ladies team

Nick

Administrator
Goes back to whether our owners have the interests of football in the city as their prime motivation, or an attempt to rinse for profit and who cares about fitness, wellbeing, civic pride and identity and the like.

you have been isolating with Grendel?

So ccfc should now bail them out? Id rather if they did have that money spare they gave it to the cov ladies team there is now.

Grendel

In an ‘egalitarian’ city it makes sense for both sexes to have a mutually supportive attitude to its citizens and clubs. The present predicament of Cov United would be to the detriment upon the status of our city if it led to closure.

What nonsense. If the club is in liquidation then clearly not very many in this city care do they

Nick

Administrator
Really? If thats the case then your point makes more sense.
Yes, they were in charge so would have been the decision makers.

It was kalns doing all the announcements about the mergers.

It was Johnson trying to use the ccfc ladies team against ccfc (along with the trust).

Grendel

Well it seems they’d need to find about £500,000 a year if the figures are correct - I’d rather the club spent it on the first team squad I see no benefit propping uo a loss making institution that attracts a couple of hundred fans.

Grendel

When they were ccfc ladies?

this is Johnson he was in control of the team so it’s hardly surprising that the owners of the football club fell out with them

clint van damme

this is Johnson he was in control of the team so it’s hardly surprising that the owners of the football club fell out with them

yeah, I didn't realise that, it all makes more sense now.
Still hope the ladies get sorted and are allowed to carry on, this bollocks isn't really their fault.

Grendel

Lovely

Nick

Administrator
Lovely

Yeah keep it on cov city ladies though. Know he was in charge but that will open up a whole new direction.

Grendel

Yeah keep it on cov city ladies though. Know he was in charge but that will open up a whole new direction.

The point is though the level of animosity was high and you associated Cov Utd with all of this. Wasn’t that Rich 74 guy often going on about trying to close the club and make Cov United some phoenix group? Johnson and Kalns formed the woman’s team as soon as they could and it’s obvious they wanted the main club to close as well

Nick

Administrator
The point is though the level of animosity was high and you associated Cov Utd with all of this. Wasn’t that Rich 74 guy often going on about trying to close the club and make Cov United some phoenix group? Johnson and Kalns formed the woman’s team as soon as they could and it’s obvious they wanted the main club to close as well

Oh yeah I get that.

Still, ideally if it goes to shit all the youngsters will be looked after. Beyond all that they don't deserve it.

clint van damme

Lovely

I used to be quite a sensible and considered poster, this place changed me.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

giphy.gif

Grendel

Currently Over 1000 knuckle dragger

What a surprise you show interest in a Cov Utd club. Amazed jack Ginetta and Garrypendys eyes aren’t back in town

RegTheDonk

In an ‘egalitarian’ city it makes sense for both sexes to have a mutually supportive attitude to its citizens and clubs. The present predicament of Cov United would be to the detriment upon the status of our city if it led to closure.
Do you want us to go and cheer for Wasps netball team too?

Every sympathy for the girls, they just want to play football and have been let down, but Its not like you've folded. The bloke getting some free publicity on Central News has bailed you out, so have a good fist shake at the injustice that rules were broken and move on.

dadgad

Grendel

Raise your sights Grendel, there’s a bigger world out there.

No not really. The only reason people promoted the women’s team was to use them for their own (failed) ends at regime change. It’s pathetic

Users who are viewing this thread