Worth a cheeky bet on tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

guicey15

Just a quick look of the odds for a Sky Blue win tomorrow, and they are excellent. 10/1 for a win, 12 Southampton players are on the 1st scorer list before any Cov players with Platt, Cody Mac and Sheff all at 16/1 to score first. 1-0 win is 28/1 and 2-0 80/1. Presuming the bet calculator I used is correct, a £1 bet on Coventry City leading at half-time/Coventry City win at full-time at 22/1, Coventry City to win 3-1 150/1, and Cody McDonald or Gary McSheffrey or Clive Platt first scorer at 16/1, that pays £59,041 :D

Well its worth a quid surely?

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s262/st177394.htm?

rob9872

One result affects the other so the odds are not allowed to be combined. Thats why a scorecast bet of say a striker who is 9/1 to score first and a team who is 9/1 to win 1-0 is not 99/1 for the double - usually about half that. Reason being if you get the first goal you are more likely to win.

rob9872

Fwiw I think 10/1 is a bit skinny based on our squad, what we have to play for, our away record and our injury list. Saints at 1/3 looks like a home banker and should be in any combinations. I have them down to win 4-0 on the predictor and I might be short on that. If they score early I can see us getting a good hammering tomorrow. Most of the season its been just by the odd goal, but they looked useful at the Ricoh and we have been decimated. It really could get embarrassing imo.

percy

mcdonald at 16s, thats gotta be worth a fiver.
obviously they are big favourites to win but theres some very generous odds there, we aint that bad

guicey15

As long as it isn't embarrassing I don't care what happens, but i'd like to think the players want to go down kicking and screaming. Can see it heading towards double figures though...

rob9872

Southampton 5-0 is 30/1 at Corals and looks stand out value to me. Ricky Lambert at 16/1 to score a hat-trick with Hills or Stan James looks value too, especially when you consider he is only 6/1 at Paddy Power and Sky Bet.

Otis

I'm still going for a 2 or 3 nil victory for the Saints with us trying hard but puffing and panting and them ending up on cruise control.

Half expecting a goal in the first 10 mins or so.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I've got Southampton to win 6 - 0 on the predictor! I just thought "f*ck it! Why not?" :D

Users who are viewing this thread