Worst team (1 Viewer)

timmywrigg

Have followed the sky blues for over 50 years, I can honestly say this is the worst team I have ever seen pull on the sky blue shirt. Will continue to support them and hope for better times ahead.

Evo1883

Yes been watching since 89 and its the worst side i have ever watched , but its probably one of the worst managers we have ever had aswel that contibutes somewhat

torchomatic

Ah, the old "worst team since I've been supporting CCFC" thing. Get that a lot on there.

bringbackrattles

We've had some poor teams over the years and I've watched them ! The current one is up there with them but when it's a team of loans,kids,and can't be arsed players and playing in a poor division,we shouldn't be that surprised.

nicksig

I've been supporting since 92 and this is by far the worst team I've seen. I can seriously see us doing a Luton and dropping out of the league unless real changes are made soon

italiahorse

We've had some poor teams over the years and I've watched them ! The current one is up there with them but when it's a team of loans,kids,and can't be arsed players and playing in a poor division,we shouldn't be that surprised.

Agree. But with everybody unhappy with the situation apart from Sisu it can only get worse.

Sky Blue Kid

Not because of skill, fitness, or what gell they wear in their hair, the promotion winning sides of the old 3rd to second and second to first division would p**s all over this present squad. Why?....because of the teams passion, spirit, and love of the Club and manager(JH) That was when "We'll fight till the game is won" actually meant something.

pusbccfc

There definitely hasn't been a team this disinterested before.

Really poor last night.

bringbackrattles

Not because of skill, fitness, or what gell they wear in their hair, the promotion winning sides of the old 3rd to second and second to first division would p**s all over this present squad. Why?....because of the teams passion, spirit, and love of the Club and manager(JH) That was when "We'll fight till the game is won" actually meant something.
Totally agree with you as I watched those teams under Jimmy Hill.Back then they played as a team with each player knowing their position and you could see that whoever put on the Sky Blue would sweat blood for the team. In Curtis we had a proper captain and leader,Hudson knew how to score,Glazier commanded his area,and we had a manager who was charasmatic but very shrewd and knew what he wanted.You don't need eleven great players to make a great team but what you do need are players willing to give their all and sadly we haven't got many of those now !

cofastreecity

Pitiful squad, no backbone and little tactical direction from the sideline. Pressley paces the technical area without any purpose, last night he spent 20 minutes in the stand then came to join his assistant, their only inspiration/motivation was seal clapping. Been watching sonce 1967, without question the worse squad I have ever witnessed in sky blue shirts

The Lurker

Ah, the old "worst team since I've been supporting CCFC" thing. Get that a lot on there.

League table doesn't lie. The home record doesn't lie. This league 1 is shocking and were 18th in it. And looks like will be league regulars for a few seasons yet.

davebart

Given our position in the league you would have to say this is the worst team we have had for 50 years. Any team from that period would beat this team.

But given that almost every previous team played at a higher level it is a pointless comparison.

For a start JH was supported by his chairman and board. Can the same be said of Pressley? What support have they given him? They even allowed Thorn to bring in players.

We don't know whether he is any good or not. He was only ever given a box of rusty tools to work with.

Hobo

It's the worst team because we haven't played at such a low level for how many years?

I can remember lots of line ups that performed equally poorly...the division may have been higher but the quality wasn't.

Some of our most loyal fans seem to be loyal to the idea of sacking the manager after every defeat.

Self belief, desire and determination seems to be the ingredient that is missing the most.

egastap

Don't get the opportunity to see the games any more, but thanks to the internet I saw the game live last night. Therefore I haven't been able to comment on their play having not seen them.....up to now. Oh my God! How awful was that. Headless chickens spring to mind. With all that I had been reading on SBT about Madine I was expecting a Tony Hately kind of player, but Jeez he was bad. Probably no more so than a lot of others though. Some of the 'gifted' situations in front of their goal were diabolical.....no-one to stick the ball in the net (which is what usually wins matches). It kinda reminded me of the days when we used to play on a Saturday, then many of us played on a Sunday morning, usually at a slower pace as we were knackered from the day before. This was like the Sunday performance. I've supported City since 1956 although for the last 32 years from afar, only getting back to see them about every 5 years. The decline is impressive. I feel very sorry for the true Cov supporters, firstly for having to put up with SISU and secondly, having to watch that shite week in, week out. Very brave, but how do you do it? You each deserve a medal of some kind.

Last edited:

ecky

Pressley is so out of his depth it is untrue.
He would make a great sky pundit but that's as far as I would go.

He isn't a manager, a coach or a scout, I would probably just about trust him goat herding on some remote Scottish Island

bringbackrattles

Don't get the opportunity to see the games any more, but thanks to the internet I saw the game live last night. Therefore I haven't been able to comment on their play having not seen them.....up to now. Oh my God! How awful was that. Headless chickens spring to mind. With all that I had been reading on SBT about Madine I was expecting a Tony Hately kind of player, but Jeez he was bad. Probably no more so than a lot of others though. Some of the 'gifted' situations in front of their goal were diabolical.....no-one to stick the ball in the net (which is what usually wins matches). It kinda reminded me of the days when we used to play on a Saturday, then many of us played on a Sunday morning, usually at a slower pace as we were knackered from the day before. This was like the Sunday performance. I've supported City since 1956 although for the last 32 years from afar, only getting back to see them about every 5 years. The decline is impressive. I feel very sorry for the true Cov supporters, firstly for having to put up with SISU and secondly, having to watch that shite week in, week out. Very brave, but how do you do it? You each deserve a medal of some kind.
Bet you got a shock watching that last night ? I never went but watched it round a mates house,and I felt embarrassed not just by the performance but by all the empty seats,I wondered what people watching it around the country were saying ? I've gone from never missing a home game for years and a loyal supporter to struggling to get motivated this season to be honest. But I'll always be a fan as it's in the blood but like you the decline of our club is impressive but in a bad way, and where we're heading is down unless something positive happens sharpish ! All the best anyway.

percy

i think the problem lies with the fact that the players have absolutely no faith in their manager. players are asked to play in systems there not used to and positions their not familiar with

Gazolba

Have followed the sky blues for over 50 years, I can honestly say this is the worst team I have ever seen pull on the sky blue shirt. Will continue to support them and hope for better times ahead.
Wait till you see next season's team, you'll be wishing we had this team back. But we wont be able to afford players of this quality.

Gazolba

Totally agree with you as I watched those teams under Jimmy Hill.Back then they played as a team with each player knowing their position and you could see that whoever put on the Sky Blue would sweat blood for the team. In Curtis we had a proper captain and leader,Hudson knew how to score,Glazier commanded his area,and we had a manager who was charasmatic but very shrewd and knew what he wanted.You don't need eleven great players to make a great team but what you do need are players willing to give their all and sadly we haven't got many of those now !
And two fast and tricky international wingers who could ghost past the opposition defenders at will.

Gazolba

Can the same be said of Pressley? What support have they given him? They even allowed Thorn to bring in players.

We don't know whether he is any good or not. He was only ever given a box of rusty tools to work with.

What we do know is that he does not even know how to use the rusty tools. Some weeks it seems like he cannot even open the tool-box.

bringbackrattles

And two fast and tricky international wingers who could ghost past the opposition defenders at will.
I guess you mean Humphries on one wing and Rees the other ? Can you imagine them watching this team now,I bet they'd be shouting:" where's the runs and crosses going in ?" Dave Clements was good too,bloody hell we've had some great players !

skybluefred

Given our position in the league you would have to say this is the worst team we have had for 50 years. Any team from that period would beat this team.

But given that almost every previous team played at a higher level it is a pointless comparison.

For a start JH was supported by his chairman and board. Can the same be said of Pressley? What support have they given him? They even allowed Thorn to bring in players.

Yes Derek Robbins supported Jimmy Hill, but remember when Jim needed more money he cadged half a dozen Sky Blue vans
off Roots Group and set up the Sky Blue Pool.It was making some £10,000 a week for his fighting fund, in those day's that was a lot of money.

Users who are viewing this thread