Worst team...really?? (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Vickie

Have seen a number of posts on here saying that we are the worst team in the championship and so will definately get relegated. Allthough we have a relatively small side with a number of youngsters would disagree that we are the worst from what I have seen of other teams so far.

Thought it would be interesting to have a look at our first team and see who we think would be better, ie who we would buy if had resources, from other championship teams only.

Obviously the exact 11 first team players are open to question but I have gone with:-

Murphy

Christie Keogh Crainie Hussey

Clingan

Baker Bell

Bigi

McDonald Juke

Subs from:-
(when all fit)
Dunn
Mcpake
Degan
Eastwood
Clarke
Thomas
Wood
McSheffrey
Cameron
Platt

*****​

As a small squad of core players I definately don't think we are the worst in the league and am suprised every time I read that comment. Think we need to get behind the squad we have and cheer them on.

If you could have any championship player to replace any of these players who would you pick. This is just an interesting exercise for fun. Personally the person I would replace is in the Baker / McSheffrey spot and bring in somebody like taylor-fletcher from blackpool or snodgrass from leeds.

Marty

------------------------Murphy

Gunter (Forest), Bamba (Leicester), Crainie, Fox (Southampton)

--------------------Wellens (Leicester)

--------Nolan (West Ham)---- Snodgrass (Leeds)

---------------------McGugan (Forest)

-------------Chopra (Ipswich) King (Birmingham)

Can't think of a decent keeper or another centre back, so stuck with Murphy & Craine.

ccfcway

cant think of a decent keeper ?

off the top of my head....

Camp
Speroni
James
Jensen
Loach
Stockdale
Fielding

Marty

cant think of a decent keeper ?

off the top of my head....

Camp
Speroni
James
Jensen
Loach
Stockdale
Fielding

Picked out a whole team, sorry I couldn't think of anybody at the time, I'd take Camp or Green.

@richh87

I would far rather watch our current team's flowing style of football than anything else we've been served up since relegation, so for everyone to keep banging on about how terrible we are is bollocks.

Yes our squad is weak; but we are not 'woeful' as Robbie Savage put it.

ccfcway

you both might be right Rich !

Playing better football, but I cant remember a time when we had to rely on so many kids and dont actually have more than 1 central midfieler that had ever played before a few weeks ago

magic82ball

When did Robbie Savage say we were woeful?

@richh87

When did Robbie Savage say we were woeful?

Final score on bbc the other week. There's a big thread about it on here somewhere.

Anyway, think today's performance should shut up the fools that think this is the worst City team ever. :facepalm:

Sky_Blue_Vickie

I would far rather watch our current team's flowing style of football than anything else we've been served up since relegation, so for everyone to keep banging on about how terrible we are is bollocks.

Yes our squad is weak; but we are not 'woeful' as Robbie Savage put it.

Rich, hope you realise that I don't think the team is terrible. Think that Thorn is developing one of the best teams we have had for ages, although they may be small definately not the worst team or even the smallest. Yesterday showed what Thorn is trying to achieve and I for one am enjoying the football.

This was an exercise as much as anything to get the people who keep banging on with the crap about how rubbish we are to really think about it. We can all pick a fantasy team but how many other squads are actually that much better than ours.

kg82

Squad-wise I'd say a fair few clubs are better off but in terms of first XI we can compete with anyone in this league. If they get a few more decent results the confidence will flow back.

katzenjammer

It doesn't really matter to me at the minute how good we are considered to be, I'm actually ridiculously proud of the team so far this season. We've got real big name players and I think the way they've worked so hard has been great to see.

The young players are growing up by the week and with a new striker coming in, hopefully that will give everyone a lift, because it was clear we were lacking firepower to begin with.

Anyway, I'm proud to be a Cov fan now and I think we'll be fine this season.

Covstu

Its not a great squad but its young and keen, my only worry is that we cannot keep them all fit whic could really affect our status. I think we need one or two more players (particuarly midfield) then we will be okay. People talk about Bigi being the revolation but for me Christie has really impressed and hopefully we will see more of Conor Thomas also!

Marty

Final score on bbc the other week. There's a big thread about it on here somewhere.

Anyway, think today's performance should shut up the fools that think this is the worst City team ever. :facepalm:

How about todays performance?? :whistle:

Grendel

One of the worst I can remember

Sorry but I think the team is really weak, one of the worst I can remember.

Average goalkeeper, terrible left back (Hussey) and over-rated midfielder in Clingan. Bell is one paced and Baker at 27 was playing for Stockport, enough said. We are so desperate that even O'Donavan is getting games and he has to be one of the worst players ever to wear Sky Blue. Still I suppose Freddie 1 goal every ten games Eastwood is fit again soon.

Face it we are down.

Users who are viewing this thread