Worst Team - Central Midfield (3 Viewers)

usskyblue

Even at our current level,Adam Barton was truely woeful

Don't let Pipes get hear you. I said Barton was 'worse than my cat' once ...never heard the last of it...

Last edited:

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Even at our current level,Adam Barton was truely woeful

He's clearly a talented footballer, but never seemed to get to grips with our style of play, particularly under Pressley. When he had time on the ball his passing range was quite good. Trouble is, you don't get much of that in League 1 and he was never a gritty, ball-winning sort of player. Too much of a luxury, but I don't think he's the worst we've had.

Deegan was god awful, Stephen Hughes likewise towards the end.

usskyblue

He's clearly a talented footballer, but never seemed to get to grips with our style of play, particularly under Pressley. When he had time on the ball his passing range was quite good. Trouble is, you don't get much of that in League 1 and he was never a gritty, ball-winning sort of player. Too much of a luxury, but I don't think he's the worst we've had.

Agree with this. He clearly struggled with what Pressley wanted him to do. It didn't suit his playing style and made him look awful sometimes.

Brylowes

Straight choice to pick Deegan or Barton I'd pick Deegan every time & if he got
injured in the warm up,I'd probably go with 10men.
But it's all about opinions isn't it.

Grendel

A "big signing" at the time, who never looked the part - Ashley Grimes

Yes a disaster. Paraded in front of the main stand in pre season as the big signing but was complete tosh.

Loads of other candidates really like Bowman, Bradford, Turner, Jacobs but I'd pick Martin Jol - a Dutch masterpiece who turned out to be a fake.

Grendel

So what exactly is the transfer that City have paid for Bigi? Think your attempt at changing to "value for money" may be wrong way round

Not really. He is a million pound footballer who has come from the premiership to two leagues below.

A lot of these worst players cost nothing and stepped up leagues.

He looks like a non league player out of his depth - he's the wrong way round.

Terry Gibson's perm

I picked Wayne Turner as most who would have seen him would agree he was shit but now wonder how he would have done in a league like this rather than the top league.

usskyblue

Yeah, I think he improved with age. Just didn't think he was much kop when with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eustace was decent, although his form was patchy. If memory serves, he was playing really well but got injured. I remember there was a lot of expectation surrounding his return, but he failed to regain his form.

idm1975

Not really. He is a million pound footballer who has come from the premiership to two leagues below.

A lot of these worst players cost nothing and stepped up leagues.

He looks like a non league player out of his depth - he's the wrong way round.
So you were wrong then.

wingy

Eustace was decent, although his form was patchy. If memory serves, he was playing really well but got injured. I remember there was a lot of expectation surrounding his return, but he failed to regain his form.
Yeah that's how it went, he seemed injury plagued.

hamil99

Facebook User
Stephen Hughes for sure, watching him was painful! Notable Mention Gavin Straghan, how he played for us in the Prem ill never know, he wouldnt get into our team now!

SBAndy

Why the hate for Adam Barton? Certainly not one of our worst midfielders ever.

And to the person who said Jack Cork, please leave.

Users who are viewing this thread