Worst set of players (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

Terrible right through the spine. Lee fucking Burge. Ryan bastard Haynes. Surrounded by short term stop gaps, be it by loans or permanent signings until the end of the season, players who are past it and are after a final pay check. No affiliation with the club, no fight, no guts, no willingness to put their bodies on the line for the cause, no talent, no goals, no flair, just shite. I have never watched such a woeful team in all my years of supporting our club.

Otis

We have had threads before on best and worst players but these in the team now have to be the worst set we have ever had.

They look clueless, devoid of ideas, no team spirit or togetherness.

Very depressing.
Certainly one of the worst ever squads I can recall.

Let's face it, who WOULD we want to keep?

Beavon, Stokes, Stevenson? George Thomas?

Who else?

Reid has no end product at all, Jones is too raw, Turnbull a big disappointment, Haynes and Lameiras too lightweight, Rose not good enough, Bigi too hit and miss, keepers both average, Tudgay past it.

It's been woefully short across the park.

Very, very poor.

Gazolba

But you'd be amazed how well poor players can play when given some belief in themselves and a dynamic leader. Unfortunately, we don't have that either.

Sky Blue Harry H

But you'd be amazed how well poor players can play when given some belief in themselves and a dynamic leader. Unfortunately, we don't have that either.

Totally agree. Look at Wycombe/Lincoln today. Leadership, decent organisation, and some belief. Unfortunately Leadership and vision comes from the top down. I am very interested to see what happens this side of the transfer window. Main selling point to a player (if not cup tied) is a potential day out at Wembley. We need a big b^gger up fron who can hold/head the ball. PLEASE!

Hobo

Certainly one of the worst ever squads I can recall.

Let's face it, who WOULD we want to keep?

Beavon, Stokes, Stevenson? George Thomas?

Who else?

Reid has no end product at all, Jones is too raw, Turnbull a big disappointment, Haynes and Lameiras too lightweight, Rose not good enough, Bigi too hit and miss, keepers both average, Tudgay past it.

It's been woefully short across the park.

Very, very poor.

And it has been going that way under numerous managers for a number of years. Recruitment has been atrocious so it begs the question is this all we can attract?

Yes Slade inherited a poor squad but so did Mowbray, but Mowbray did keep us up without the benefit of a transfer window. He then gives us the best half season we had had in ages. I really don't think he wanted to sell Maddison...."barely learnt to lace his boots" I don't think he thought it was the right time for the player? What went on in the summer? Well he never got his targets? Why I don't know. But I don't think it is easy bringing decent players here. "I feel like I am just flipping coins." To me that is saying having to continually gamble on players, who realistically aren't good enough. Lack of retention has been a big problem for me, too many changes year after year.

Too early to judge Slade. But so far absolutely no sign he and the players he is bringing in can turn things around. It is not the lack of points he is getting that concerns me, that can take time. But there is no sign of any improvement, no sign his tactics are going to achieve anything.

The owners show no ambition or ideas....how can that motivate and create a positive environment?

Users who are viewing this thread