Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Worst misses

Briles

Fan Favourite
Joined
Aug 8, 2017
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
6,282
So Obviously Ohares was a bit of a pisser, but can anyone remember any particularly awful cov misses?
 
Today’s was the worst I’ve ever seen live no question
 
Kevin Gallacher missed one from underneath the bar once. Think in the 0-0 v Liverpool in '92?
 
Been going home & away since 74 and got to say that the OHare miss was probably the worst I’ve (kind of) seen!
I say “kind of” as me & my son were jumping up and down celebrating OHares winner - then we noticed the ball not nestling in the net!
We looked at each other “what the” - the guy next to us stood there open mouthed - the people behind us were all saying “what happened” - this ranks as the worse miss I’ve never seen (or seen).
 
Ndlov putting one over the bar from 2 yards in front of the west end can't recall vs who might have been Blackburn.
 
The one that pinged off Bakayoko earlier this season was amazing too. He was standing on the line.
 
Noel whelan against Sheffield United in the quarter final at highfield road .
 
Conor Thomas v Swindon I think. Down the Jimmy Hill end and about 1 yard out and didn’t know to header or kick it, then slipped on his arse and made a fool of himself.
Think it may have been on the box if anyone can find it?
 
It's not the first time this season we've seen someone miss from that far out with an open goal.
 
It's not the first time this season we've seen someone miss from that far out with an open goal.
Your right he’s done it twice now don’t matter tho missed the chance to make 5th round and possible tv & big pay day as O’Hare will be amazing there’s no excuses for that miss
 
It's the second time he's done it

I was sure COH had another spectacular miss from a similar position but couldn't place the game and wondered if I may have be thinking of someone else. I remember Baka also missed a sitter. Chaplin missed a similar one last season too.
 
I was sure COH had another spectacular miss from a similar position but couldn't place the game and wondered if I may have be thinking of someone else. I remember Baka also missed a sitter. Chaplin missed a similar one last season too.
O’Hare done it away can’t remember who I’m thinking Oxford away ? Ball came across again from close in keeper was other side the goal absolute sitter although your gonna do well to beat yesterday’s let’s see who we get in the draw but I feel a meltdown if we get a big away day lol
 
O’Hare done it away can’t remember who I’m thinking Oxford away ? Ball came across again from close in keeper was other side the goal absolute sitter although your gonna do well to beat yesterday’s let’s see who we get in the draw but I feel a meltdown if we get a big away day lol
Why?
 
Proszwicz missed a sitter vs bradford i think it was. Awful player.
 
Tony Hateley leaning on the goalpost almost and scooping it over the bar 1969 or so...
 
John Eustace against Leeds. Middle of 6 yard box, put it over.
 
We left in added time so missed it, but we knew it must have been bad as we heard the gasps, and then the smashing of the walls from top tier on our side from the outside!

Glad i didnt see it live! After seeing the replays!
 
Ndlov putting one over the bar from 2 yards in front of the west end can't recall vs who might have been Blackburn.

Was that was the game when we had both Nii Lamptey and Ndlovu playing? If so, that was the first one that sprung to my mind too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom