Worst Games (2 Viewers)

Davs

The game that really sticks in my mind as the worst was against Everton the season we got relegated. They were in the middle of an injury crisis, and struggling. I thought we would be up for the game, and that if we won it would give us a confidence boost. I also thought that if Everton lost it would probably see them get embroiled in the relegation scrap.

It was an awful game which Everton eventually won, without us ever getting a meaningful shot on goal. I think we may have missed a penalty towards the end as well, but as it is the ONLY game I have ever left before the end I cannot be sure.

I remember coming home with my son and us both knowing from that moment on we were doomed. I think it was just after this game that Strachan put the tin hat on things by suggesting that our appalling season was not down to the no-necked Welsh hobgoblin or any of the other idle fookers in the team, but was probably all the fans fault:jerkit:

Monners

Too many Cov games to choose from for this. But, and some of you may like this, the worst game that I ever paid to attend was a bottom of the table Div 4 clash between the Cobblers and Hereford at the County Ground (pre Sixfields). About 30 of us from work decided to offer moral support to those Cobblers fans amongst us (about 3 of them). I left with a couple of other with 25 minutes to go with Hereford winning 1-0 (no-one was going to score another!). We got back ot the pub and were surprised to find that 15 of the others had beaten us to it! - It really was that bad, and this coming from soneone who has watched dozens of non league games.

For Cov games - the last Prem game against Bradford the week after relegation - depressing.

Morning guys! We're just 90 minutes away from the start of the show. All answers need to be in by 10.45 to be on the show so get them in. Thanks again for your fantastic contribution. Tune into Hillz 98.6FM at 10AM for all the action. Cook Question will take place at 10.50

Joy Division

A shocking 0-0 draw at home to Bradford one cold Tuesday Bonfires night at Highfield Road when they brought about 50 fans.

The only occasional highlight was cheering a firework going off over the tops of the stand.

This one was my first thought. A truly shocking game and a discredit to call it football, I vaguely remember the stats after the game showing both teams didn't manage a shot on goal and barely mustered 8 attempts between us.

hutch1972

A shocking 0-0 draw at home to Bradford one cold Tuesday Bonfires night at Highfield Road when they brought about 50 fans.

The only occasional highlight was cheering a firework going off over the tops of the stand.
gets my vote every day of the week. Plymouth away 2 or 3 years back ( 4 down after about 25 mins ) was a shocker.

Users who are viewing this thread