Worst fan you’ve ever sat near (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Away games can be a lottery - due to alcohol. substance overload / big followings making moving seats difficult. I suspect a few posters' stories will be away game related due to the aforementioned.

Mcbean

When we first moved to The Ricoh we sat in block 21 - the people in behind us were a ( parent)teacher and child - poor kid never got a word in edge ways parent kept saying every play was wrong , he obviously was the manager of the local kids team with delusions that he was training a Prem team - he talked complete shit - he often brought his teacher mate and they just talked continuously about how bad their lot was - not even watching the match - thankfully we moved

Woolly68

Bristol City away was next to someone who stank of piss and probably not washed his clothes in weeks. Ipswich next to some young lad on his own and was off his head. Smelt like he had just shit himself. Sat down with his head in his hands most of the game. Occasionally got up to do some random swearing at the away fans. I get all the luck. How the fuck people remember anything about the game or where they even are is beyond me. Waste of money. Next away game is Stoke so hoping for someone who has just been sick on themselves and dribbles all over my shoulder.

wingy

When we first moved to The Ricoh we sat in block 21 - the people in behind us were a ( parent)teacher and child - poor kid never got a word in edge ways parent kept saying every play was wrong , he obviously was the manager of the local kids team with delusions that he was training a Prem team - he talked complete shit - he often brought his teacher mate and they just talked continuously about how bad their lot was - not even watching the match - thankfully we moved

Grendel

Bristol City away was next to someone who stank of piss and probably not washed his clothes in weeks. Ipswich next to some young lad on his own and was off his head. Smelt like he had just shit himself. Sat down with his head in his hands most of the game. Occasionally got up to do some random swearing at the away fans. I get all the luck. How the fuck people remember anything about the game or where they even are is beyond me. Waste of money. Next away game is Stoke so hoping for someone who has just been sick on themselves and dribbles all over my shoulder.

Im actually impressed PVA actually attended a game

Tommo1993

There was a game at the CBS a couple seasons back when there was an opponent down injured. Some twat in block 15 was shouting “get up you faggot” and I’ll always regret not telling him to shut the fuck up.

But yeah, a lot of uncomfortable away days. Unfortunately easy to weed out the scummers of the fan base.

skybluecam

Night game at St Andrews, two cov fans started scrapping a few rows below. Pretty sure one had a kid with him as well.

rob9872

There was a game at the CBS a couple seasons back when there was an opponent down injured. Some twat in block 15 was shouting “get up you faggot” and I’ll always regret not telling him to shut the fuck up.

But yeah, a lot of uncomfortable away days. Unfortunately easy to weed out the scummers of the fan base.
Without trying to defend him, I think I'd consider that more outdated language than malicious if it was a one off shout. And yes before asked I do think it's different to racism because that would be shouted at a black player and is a response about him, the faggott comment only similar (imo) if you knew the intended target was actually gay.

rob9872

Night game at St Andrews, two cov fans started scrapping a few rows below. Pretty sure one had a kid with him as well.
I remember that, in the corner neat the away fans. I think it was just over a blocked view.

Tommo1993

Without trying to defend him, I think I'd consider that more outdated language than malicious if it was a one off shout. And yes before asked I do think it's different to racism because that would be shouted at a black player and is a response about him, the faggott comment only similar (imo) if you knew the intended target was actually gay.

Maybe. The guy was 30 at most, so he’d have known the word has more meanings than ‘wuss’.

Mucca Mad Boys

Swansea away today there was a middle aged man moaning at every little mistake and berating the whole team…

QPR away, same guy, same relentless nit picking every mistake and saying we’re shit.

Do these people actually enjoy watching the games?

TomRad85

I think I've mentioned this guy before, but anyway it's a home game against Blues, McSheffrey is lining up for them...
Guy: Look at McSheffrey there.
Me: Yeh mate.
Guy: Well I'm going to get my blade and I'm going to chop his head off, the bluenose c**t.
Me: *shuffles away*

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

There's a pair of lizards that go regularly to away games and the woman in particular loves screeching about "beating the cheats" for the entire game. Has a voice that goes right through you.

shepardo01

I remember 2 old women nearly having a scrap at st Andrews because one called the others son a "puffta". Then the other one gave it the "do you know who I am" and the other went to whack her but got split up.

Better than the game.
Just to my right! Forgot about that!!🤣🤣

JohnWH

I'm in the US.

I'm getting settled in to enjoy the local (now defunct) second division non-MLS team. Some mid-20s clown who I guess was some sort of Ultras is just screaming at some other fella from a safe distance of about 20 yards away just because he happened to be wearing the opponents team jersey. (Other team is like 12 hours away, going to "away" games here is not really done due to the impracticality of it).

Clown is just screaming and repeatedly calling him a child molester.

I confront him, called him out, as that's just an abominable thing to call someone else and entirely insensitive to anyone else in the crowd who might actually be or have been victimized.

He then calls me the same thing, threatening to fight me, but did nothing else while I'm standing 5 feet away not engaging him.

Garlana86

I'm probably not ideal to sit next to, I spend most of the game telling players where to pass next, but only loud enough so that only those right next to me hear it.

Milne Out

Sat next to a guy in the Sky Blue Stand, back in the early 90s. He was prob in his 30s sat with his Mum, and they would have a blanket and a flask to keep themselves warm. What annoyed me was his clapping. He clapped like thunder. Never heard anything like it before or since. The noise went right through me every time. And I even told him not to be clapping a couple of times ( and he was obedient ! ) most games I’d put up with it for first half, but would rarely go back to my seat after half time. Sounds nuts to think I even said “keep the clapping down a bit mate” as if he was in a library.

SkyBlueSoul

Just remembered a couple behind me at Preston this year, right at the back of the stand. Turned up shitfaced, pestered everyone for a lighter and eventually found one to light their spliff, and every chance in between were shovelling coke into their face. She'd sporadically shout "You fat bastard!" with a slur, at no-one in particular and not with the right rhythm. "Barmy army Sky blue army, in a Robins wonderland!" was another one.

Would have found it funny if it wasn't constant.

skyblueinswansea

Being next to an overt racist at Cardiff wasn’t something I want to repeat.

‘Palmer’s just spent the last few weeks kicking coconuts around on the beach’

‘Sakamoto might as well be sewing badges onto our shirts in a sweatshop’
I was near him too, apparently simms was even sat on the bench lazily.

SBT

Pretty bizarre mental gymnastics here.

Users who are viewing this thread