Worst Ever CCFC XI (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

After going AWOL in Jamaica.

'
Lowe was arrested by British police in April 2004 for trafficking £117,000 worth of crack cocaine, he denied the charges.[22] The exact charge was 'attempting to possess 1.17 kg (2.5 lb) of crack cocaine with intent to supply'.[23] The Prosecution claimed he signed for the package under the fake name of "Kevin Brown" and intended to profit financially from knowingly trafficking the drugs. Lowe countered that the fake name was to avoid paparazzi and that he had no idea about the contents of the package: "I am Jamaican, maybe you think differently. If I am a mate and you said, 'can you do that for me', I am not going to think anything bad of you."[24] Lowe said in a police interview: "I thought he was a friend". In February 2005 he was cleared as the charges were dismissed for lack of evidence.[25]

He was arrested and charged in St Catherine in December 2007 for possession of marijuana.[26] He had been driving a car with 42 marijuana cigarettes, he posted the $300 bail and was released from custody.'

What the hell

CJ_covblaze

'
Lowe was arrested by British police in April 2004 for trafficking £117,000 worth of crack cocaine, he denied the charges.[22] The exact charge was 'attempting to possess 1.17 kg (2.5 lb) of crack cocaine with intent to supply'.[23] The Prosecution claimed he signed for the package under the fake name of "Kevin Brown" and intended to profit financially from knowingly trafficking the drugs. Lowe countered that the fake name was to avoid paparazzi and that he had no idea about the contents of the package: "I am Jamaican, maybe you think differently. If I am a mate and you said, 'can you do that for me', I am not going to think anything bad of you."[24] Lowe said in a police interview: "I thought he was a friend". In February 2005 he was cleared as the charges were dismissed for lack of evidence.[25]

He was arrested and charged in St Catherine in December 2007 for possession of marijuana.[26] He had been driving a car with 42 marijuana cigarettes, he posted the $300 bail and was released from custody.'

What the hell

He was meant to turn up for a game but didn't show. Like a soap opera isn't it.

Grendel

my personal favourite, even though it pains me to say it...

Oleksandr Yevtushok (who?) was signed by Premier League club Coventry City in 1997, becoming the first Ukrainian football in post-Soviet era to play in the competition.[2] In his debut, against Manchester United, he was replaced just after 30 minutes in a 1–3 loss.[3] He had two other appearances and was released after Coventry City escaped relegation on the final matchday.

Did you know anything about his time here? I heard at the time from a source in the club his life here was miserable and he was treated disgracefully

Hobo

2 pages in and not whiff of a Julian Darby. Either time is a healer or this forum is simply too young!

Oh come on, 55 games and 5 goals in the top division, a cheap utility player at the time. Not great but not the worst either.

I trump Julian Darby with John Gayle who we paid a 100,000 for. A striker who played like a doorman wearing fishing waders.

rob9872

You can't be playing the top division card and then selecting another top division player. Both woeful btw.

ccfc_ukr

Did you know anything about his time here? I heard at the time from a source in the club his life here was miserable and he was treated disgracefully

He came to the Ukrainian Community center with his wife and I had the opportunity to meet with him then. Obviously he wasnt around for very long so never really got involved other than an occasional visit, but i don't really know what went on in the club side of things. I suspect that the language barrier would have been a huge problem for starters. Performance wise i remember watching his debut and he was like a deer in the headlights!

ccfc_ukr

Wasn’t he recommended by the “overseas agent” we employed at the time?
not sure to be honest, he had a pretty decent record in the Ukrainian Premier League, and is a fans favorite with Karpaty Lviv based on his time there, but the UPL isnt what it is now, and it certainly would have been a massive step up back in 97.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

What better way to mark my first post than with recollections of CCFC's worst!

From memory and rating them in terms of the level we were at when they played i'd have to include; Fabien 'le Chat' Debec, Michael McIndoe and a decidedly past-it Dean Holdsworth. I'm sure there's been even worse but as i've missed a fair few season whilst living away these are the ones i can recall being particularly bad.

Magwitch

Perhaps we should have the worst eleven of players who came with the biggest reputations, players like Roger Van Goole, Larry Lloyd, Bryan King, Garry Collier, Colin Hendry, Leigh Jenkinson Sandy Richardson all big transfer fees at the time then we have the likes of Kevin Kyle, Steve Sherwood Keith O’Neill all these players came with big reputations, there will be a long list

Last edited:
Never seen anything worse than that gane steve walsh played for us at HR, coming out of retirement and last playing at tamworth. He was 37 or so, wow he was a mess, made one more appearance somehow.

scottccfc

Talking about past it players "playing" in sky blue what about Tim Sherwood and Keith o'neil at least they kept the injury table warm

wasnt the steve walsh horror show Watford away??

You are right,

He came on last 20 in a 1-0 win vs palace at HR, which is where i saw him.

Then started next game for 70 mins away v watford. 5-2 loss.

Most unfit player ive ever seen in a city shirt. Wtf was going on with the club that made him the best option at that point i dont know.

Hobo

You can't be playing the top division card and then selecting another top division player. Both woeful btw.

Yes but woeful defender/midfield player scores more goals than the woeful striker, I rest my case.

My favourite John Gayle moment was in the reserves. Broke clear behind the defence, one on one with the keeper. Gayle was approaching the penalty spot and about to pull the trigger, but trod on the ball and fell over.

Grendel

Surely someone’s mentioned poor old graham Withey by now?

capel & collindridge

Well reading that compendium of poor performance has really cheered me up!

Well, it did, once I ran through the talent now at MR's disposal. What a lot of moaners there still are on this forum!

To add just one more from an earlier era, I have to mention Lol Harvey. He certainly didn't have the talents of Tommy Capel or Colin Collindridge. And It may have been that I was much too young to appreciate his talent. He seemed to me at the time to be a complete blunderer. When he kicked the ball it went anywhere. When he kicked an opponent they went anywhere too. LOL!

Perhaps that is why he is still revered as a player. Perhaps he was an early prototype for Michael Doyle. But without the fitness and the talent.

ccfctommy

What better way to mark my first post than with recollections of CCFC's worst!

From memory and rating them in terms of the level we were at when they played i'd have to include; Fabien 'le Chat' Debec, Michael McIndoe and a decidedly past-it Dean Holdsworth. I'm sure there's been even worse but as i've missed a fair few season whilst living away these are the ones i can recall being particularly bad.

Brilliant username. Dean Gordon one of the worst players ive ever seen!

Moff

Surely someone’s mentioned poor old graham Withey by now?

I shudder when I remember Withey, Avramovic, Ashley Grimes and Wayne Turner form the 80's era, and then people like John Gayle and Sandy Roberston, and then shudder again when I read some of the utter dross we have had since losing our Premier League status.

A shout out to Tommy Langley as well, one of the worst ever players I saw don the shirt in our Frist Division days. Think he was a loan under Gould and he even made Withey look useful.

Grendel

I shudder when I remember Withey, Avramovic, Ashley Grimes and Wayne Turner form the 80's era, and then people like John Gayle and Sandy Roberston, and then shudder again when I read some of the utter dross we have had since losing our Premier League status.

A shout out to Tommy Langley as well, one of the worst ever players I saw don the shirt in our Frist Division days. Think he was a loan under Gould and he even made Withey look useful.

Do you remember Andy Spring? Lol

Grendel

Who could forget him. Terrible.
Didn't he follow Gould to Bristol Rovers and then his career end when he was implicated in a burglary or handling stolen goods?

Yeah he couldn’t even run fast enough to avoid the law.

Grendel

Steve Jacobs was another who played 100 odd games and I can’t remember a good one.

Brighton Sky Blue

Manager: A. Thorn

3-4-3

Debec

Malaga
Laville
Clarke

McMaster
Sawyer
Wood
El Idrissi

Ball