Worst decision (3 Viewers)

deanocity3

Yep. 15 mins late.

As for worst decision in my life?

Would have to be about my band. 3 piece and we fell out over artistic differences. I wanted to add a keyboard player, they didn't.

Drummer went and joined King and played on 'Love and Pride' and the bass player joined Dexy's and played on 'Come on Eileen.'

:facepalm:

the Pseuds with John Hewitt on Drums,Mick Gallic bass player, good songs in Sin City and Seventyseven

Otis

You were the Drummer??

Nope. I was singer guitarist in my band my brother was singer guitarist in the Pseuds.

I'm confusing you aren't I. My band was The Fuze and the Blownfuze.

John Hewitt was the drummer in my band and the Pseuds.

Jacko

Nope. I was singer guitarist in my band my brother was singer guitarist in the Pseuds.

I'm confusing you aren't I. My band was The Fuze and the Blownfuze

Which one are you in the photos Otis mate

http://irishrockers.com/artistView.php?id=613

Otis

Different band!

I had no idea there was another The Fuze.

Ours was very much an English band! Never been to Galway! :D

Otis

What were your bands Otis

Been several. The Fuze, Blownfuze, Eastworld Westworld, Halcyon Days, The Legion of Decency, to name but a few.

John Hewitt and I go way back. Best friends in infant school, junior school, senior school and then worked at the same place.

Joy Division

Worst decision? Boxing Day 1991

Dad: "Hey son, fancy coming with me to Highfield Road watch Coventry play Tottenham Hotspur? I know you've never been to a football match before but I assure you you'll love it and will be hooked on the Sky Blues for the rest of your life"

Me: "Sure, why not"

1nilandwe...

Worst decision this year? New Years Day.

After watching 4 out of 4 defeats each time I visited the Ricoh this season, I wasn't able to go up again for ages after the home defeat by Scunthorpe. Cue brilliant run of form shooting us up the league.
Get offered free ticket to Shrewsbury at home.
"Yeah of course I'll come. Home banker."
0-1 defeat.

deanocity3

Worst decision? Boxing Day 1991

Dad: "Hey son, fancy coming with me to Highfield Road watch Coventry play Tottenham Hotspur? I know you've never been to a football match before but I assure you you'll love it and will be hooked on the Sky Blues for the rest of your life"

Me: "Sure, why not"

Oh yes I have that match are you sure it was boxing day?
they played spurs new years day 1991-92 lost 2-1 Rosario scored

Last edited:

Joy Division

Oh yes I have that match are you sure it was boxing day?
they played spurs new years day 1991-92 lost 2-1 Rosario scored

Definitely Boxing Day. May have been 1990 actually, the year before. We won 2-0 if I remember correctly.

Trying something a bit lighthearted here,
Chatting with a few friends over xmas about following the city and some of our great away days in the mid to late 80s when the memories of a lost trip to Anfield came up.
Anfield was a graveyard for us and many other teams at that time, even so 5 of us climbed in a taxi and set off for the station for the 10.30 to liverpool.
Dont know whos fatal idea it was to have a quick pint in the Rose and Crown on route but we did . It was during this time we made a decision not to bother going due to ,firstly what we had spent at Selhurst park the week before and secondly we'd never won at Anfield with little hope on that day.
The entire day was spent there and as the results came through on the tiny tv that was in the corner we knew that we'd F....d up and missed history being made. Big Cyrilles winner gave us a 1-0 win and because of that it officially became our worst decision ever.
Anybody with similar bad decisions ?

Went to Everton for an FA Cup tie in the mid sixties, 7 of us in my Ford Zodiac and we were short of time and beginning to panic when I spotted two cars with the same age group as ours overtake us so I quickly latched on behind them - must be going to the match !1!.

After many high speed twists and turns down one way streets and alleys we finally reach our destination - Spellow Lane Church !!! - we had only followed a late arrival funeral crowd and boy did I get reamed by the lads.

wingy

Went to Everton for an FA Cup tie in the mid sixties, 7 of us in my Ford Zodiac and we were short of time and beginning to panic when I spotted two cars with the same age group as ours overtake us so I quickly latched on behind them - must be going to the match !1!.

After many high speed twists and turns down one way streets and alleys we finally reach our destination - Spellow Lane Church !!! - we had only followed a late arrival funeral crowd and boy did I get reamed by the lads.

Great Cars ,my dad had one ,used to sleep in it if i was locked out after a late return from my Local which was a 3 mile Hike ,It was worth it for the Girl I was seeing,Never fell in Uglies grave though. JR the Hearse Driver LOL.:facepalm:

deanocity3

Last edited:

mrtickle

Offered the chance to go to berlin to see England play Germany on my wedding anniversary. 5-1 to England. Went out for meal with mrs instead. Gutted!

SkyBlueCharlie

Went to PNE in the late 60's, lost 2-1 I think, then on to Blackpool. Coach hit a bridge on the M6 on the way home, ripped the front wheels off and ploughed down the centre reservation but no-one seriously hurt thank heavens. Waiting on the side to get home and the Massey male voice choir stopped and picked us up. sang with them for the next 5 years, great bunch of lads.

SkyblueBazza

When was it that West Brom beat us 7-1?....Think that was one of my first memories as a Cov fan...or did i dream that?

Worst day of my life. Started to leave early in dejection...missed the "1" as we were going down the steps!!! Then found the car had been nicked!!! Police on match-duty said we needed to go to the police station to report it. There were 3 of us, so I volunteered to go. It was about 2 miles (which I decided to jog - through the then mainly WBA fans), then when completing details...realised I had no idea what the registration was (not my car & pre-mobile phones). Had to trudge all the way back...& back again then catch bus after bus after bus to get home.
Not surprisingly I never liked WBA since then until Roy Hodgson went in & started them playing some good stuff. I hope they do well now...about time I got over it I suppose?

SkyblueBazza

Originally Posted by Skybluebrummie:
When was it that West Brom beat us 7-1?....Think that was one of my first memories as a Cov fan...or did i dream that?
late 70's in the choc kit

We certainly melted like chocolate that day. Big Cyril destroyed us!

Johnnythespider

Notts county sometime in the early eighties i think, went for a "P" it literally was a wall with a trough at the bottom, no roof on it and it was pissing down, no roof on terrace either got soaked and we lost 5-1 i think, shittiest day at the footy ever.

deanocity3

Notts county sometime in the early eighties i think, went for a "P" it literally was a wall with a trough at the bottom, no roof on it and it was pissing down, no roof on terrace either got soaked and we lost 5-1 i think, shittiest day at the footy ever.

26/02/83 we lost 5-1 we were 6th in the league when we lost
sealey thomas roberts butterworth dyson gillespie whitton francis hateley melrose hunt 8,000 at the match gillespie scored

Users who are viewing this thread