Worst day (2 Viewers)

Covkid1968#

Not only in my City supporting life but probably my entire life. No football going on so thought I’d share it

ive got a new scar! Currently got 8 stitches in my face to go with my other face scars that needed stitches. And it brought back the one standout disaster day in my life

Villa away…. Think it was 97 or 98. Not sure. Think we lost! I’ll be brief… but it’s worth sharing

Rocket 3/4 pints then train to Brum. All going well. Decide to avoid main Cov group so get off train and go with 2 mates to a pub in Brum.You go down stairs to it and its by New st….No idea which one and never been back.

Had a couple of drinks may have got a bit gobb the locals but according to my 2 mates I was followed in by Blues fans and got sparked clean out in the toilet. They went in and took a kick in aswell. Teeth went through my face I woke up in an ambulance! I recall nothing other than the ambulance

checked myself out of hospital went to game covered in blood..no recollection of the game. now that alone was not good. But it went downhill.

caught the train back to Cov..,started to feel a bit better. Got off at Cov and one of my 2 mates saw a rucksack hidden on the platform with a can of beer poking out… so he went to pick it up and was just opening it when British transport police appeared all over the place and we got arrested.

In the interview at the station I was taken through the contents of the rucksack and asked if I recognised any of the items. In particular the £5k bag of crack cocaine that was part of an arranged pick up that night

now all of this would have resulted in some heavy charges had it not been for the guy who was due to pick it up asked in lost property for his rucksake. He got arrested, had his London flat raided and they found shit loads of drugs there.

Now there is comedy value here and I’ve got a decent scar across my chin. But I sometimes think of the half wit who went to pick the bag up and how I-never got an apology from West Mids police for the shit they put me through!!!

The new scar has a very tedious unrepeatable story behind it so I won’t bore you with that one!!! 😬😬

fernandopartridge

Not only in my City supporting life but probably my entire life. No football going on so thought I’d share it

ive got a new scar! Currently got 8 stitches in my face to go with my other face scars that needed stitches. And it brought back the one standout disaster day in my life

Villa away…. Think it was 97 or 98. Not sure. Think we lost! I’ll be brief… but it’s worth sharing

Rocket 3/4 pints then train to Brum. All going well. Decide to avoid main Cov group so get off train and go with 2 mates to a pub in Brum.You go down stairs to it and its by New st….No idea which one and never been back.

Had a couple of drinks may have got a bit gobb the locals but according to my 2 mates I was followed in by Blues fans and got sparked clean out in the toilet. They went in and took a kick in aswell. Teeth went through my face I woke up in an ambulance! I recall nothing other than the ambulance

checked myself out of hospital went to game covered in blood..no recollection of the game. now that alone was not good. But it went downhill.

caught the train back to Cov..,started to feel a bit better. Got off at Cov and one of my 2 mates saw a rucksack hidden on the platform with a can of beer poking out… so he went to pick it up and was just opening it when British transport police appeared all over the place and we got arrested.

In the interview at the station I was taken through the contents of the rucksack and asked if I recognised any of the items. In particular the £5k bag of crack cocaine that was part of an arranged pick up that night

now all of this would have resulted in some heavy charges had it not been for the guy who was due to pick it up asked in lost property for his rucksake. He got arrested, had his London flat raided and they found shit loads of drugs there.

Now there is comedy value here and I’ve got a decent scar across my chin. But I sometimes think of the half wit who went to pick the bag up and how I-never got an apology from West Mids police for the shit they put me through!!!

The new scar has a very tedious unrepeatable story behind it so I won’t bore you with that one!!!
The pub in Brum I think was the Yard of Ale on New St, think it's closed now

The Great Eastern

That’s the pub that got bombed isn’t it?
Wasnt that called 'The Inn in the Town' at the time it was bombed ? I certainly used it a few times in the year leading up to the bombing as I used to go with a Brummie lass from Castle Bromwich. Only one way in and out. The bombers certainly did their homework for causing maximum damage. ☠

rob9872

Me and a mate at Villa in the late 80s were on our way just after the game to Witton Station to get the train back into Brum. Turned the corner and there were loads of Villa apparently all pre arranged. We went to turn back and a load of our meatheads stood right with us, saying that's it lads stand your ground. Fkn great we thought can't run and we're gonna get a pasting, next thing coppers everywhere, never been so pleased to see them so we can now give ut the full 'Green Street' as if we were dead keen.

fernandopartridge

Wasnt that called 'The Inn in the Town' at the time it was bombed ? I certainly used it a few times in the year leading up to the bombing as I used to go with a Brummie lass from Castle Bromwich. Only one way in and out. The bombers certainly did their homework for causing maximum damage.
The tavern in the town. The other pub was at the bottom of the of Rotunda, called the Mulberry Bush but I'm sure it was later Bar At Martin, think it closed when the old Bull Ring was demolished around 2000

Brighton Sky Blue

The new scar has a very tedious unrepeatable story behind it so I won’t bore you with that one!!! 😬😬

Thank God nobody left this ramp thing out.

lordy_87

Me and a mate at Villa in the late 80s were on our way just after the game to Witton Station to get the train back into Brum. Turned the corner and there were loads of Villa apparently all pre arranged. We went to turn back and a load of our meatheads stood right with us, saying that's it lads stand your ground. Fkn great we thought can't run and we're gonna get a pasting, next thing coppers everywhere, never been so pleased to see them so we can now give ut the full 'Green Street' as if we were dead keen.
Stand your ground and fight!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I have a scar on my chest from 2002. Measures about 9" (plus three "bullet hole" scars just below). I told my grandkids that I was attacked by a shark, but easily fought it off with a rusty penknife! Actually, it's the scar from my heart bypass! ("Bullet holes" were from various tubes that poked out of my body!) Gonna be having another scar soon, but this time on my knee after a knee replacement op. Oh, the joys of getting old!
Scar 1.png
Scar 2.png

slowpoke

Years ago early 70s played Brum in a night game me and a couple of mates got train late got off at Adderley Park made the short walk to St Andrews nice and safe after match decided to go to New Street to get a straight through train, Adderley Park was a bit dodgy after a game got into New Street there were a few Cov there couple of dozen perhaps when suddenly what seemed hundreds of Brummie herberts turn up no cops, we legged it to platform two, no train, New Street was very different then been done up twice since and this Brummie crew was just advancing towards us from every stair well, escalator and we had nowhere to go when from nowhere this dude in his smart crombie coat and pork pie hat walked forward cool as you like and a mate at his side in a sheep skin with the Brummie mob literally yards away put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a gun, turned out to be a starting pistol but aimed it at the mob and fired his mate was waving a camping axe above his head, well it produced two results the mob scattered in all directions and loads of old bill turned up in minutes, we got our train back to safety of Cov. When we got back to Cov there were loads of cops there frisking people but I noticed the culprit who had the pistol and his mate cool as you like just walk pass and got in a taxi and off they went.

Sky Blue Harry H

May have posted this before (apologies), but about 1979 or 1980 we played Norwich away and I had taken a new girlfriend on the coach to the game, and a load of mates were in tow. On the way back, with much lager downed, the police wouldn't let us stop until Cambridge and I was busting for a slash, Went to the front of the coach to plead with the driver and sat in the stairwell, but in the end I couldn't hold it in. Nobody noticed, so when the coach pulled over by some public loos, luckily it was right near the River (Cam?) and I pretended to trip and fell in the edge of the river. Happy to get laughed at for falling in the river, rather than have the 'he's pissed himself' All the way back I got serenaded with 'By the river of Cambridge, where **** fell in' to the Rivers of Babylon song by Boney M. Funny looking back, but was mortified at the time. She didn't go out with me for much longer after that. Her loss !?!

Covkid1968#

Years ago early 70s played Brum in a night game me and a couple of mates got train late got off at Adderley Park made the short walk to St Andrews nice and safe after match decided to go to New Street to get a straight through train, Adderley Park was a bit dodgy after a game got into New Street there were a few Cov there couple of dozen perhaps when suddenly what seemed hundreds of Brummie herberts turn up no cops, we legged it to platform two, no train, New Street was very different then been done up twice since and this Brummie crew was just advancing towards us from every stair well, escalator and we had nowhere to go when from nowhere this dude in his smart crombie coat and pork pie hat walked forward cool as you like and a mate at his side in a sheep skin with the Brummie mob literally yards away put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a gun, turned out to be a starting pistol but aimed it at the mob and fired his mate was waving a camping axe above his head, well it produced two results the mob scattered in all directions and loads of old bill turned up in minutes, we got our train back to safety of Cov. When we got back to Cov there were loads of cops there frisking people but I noticed the culprit who had the pistol and his mate cool as you like just walk pass and got in a taxi and off they went.
Right…I’m getting tooled up for our Tuesday game in a couple of weeks…..might see if B&Qs range of axes is up to the job.

Users who are viewing this thread