Worst concert (1 Viewer)

RegTheDonk

Decendents at Shepherds Bush in 2011. Not the biggest fan to start off with, it was the ex-wife who wanted to go, but it was an absolute shambles. Singers voice was shot, he stormed off after a few songs.

I've worked on some pretty bad shows. Some highlights include a band who shall remain nameless (a known band playing academy sized venues). Bassist had a heroin problem and passed out on stage part way through a show. He did the same the next night but we'd had the bassist from the support band practicing the songs and we literally swapped them over midway!

Once took a band all the way to Dundee for a gig one person showed up at, he got kicked out before they played for trying to start a fight with me.

Had a band who were with a massive management company and agent to play a midlands venue who clearly only had them there to not piss off the management and agent. Zero promotion and didn't even bother to book a support band. Played to a couple of people who had randomly wandered in off the street.

Another memorable one was a solo show by the singer of an 80s hair metal band. For some reason he had a one off show in York. Despite being British his entire band was American and he'd paid to fly them all in for the show. I could count the number of people in the crowd on one hand.
I'd love you to be able to write a book dave, i'll bet you've got some eye opening stories if you could find your way around the potential lawsuits!

NorthernWisdom

I've worked on some pretty bad shows. Some highlights include a band who shall remain nameless (a known band playing academy sized venues). Bassist had a heroin problem and passed out on stage part way through a show. He did the same the next night but we'd had the bassist from the support band practicing the songs and we literally swapped them over midway!
Sounds like a regular UFO gig tbf!

Sbarcher

Van Morrison at Warwick Casle. Came on, didn't say a word, played a couple of songs then just walked off. Had to bring back Chris Farlowe to fill in the gap. Understand he's a moody bugger and does this often! That said, saw him at Blenheim Palace and he was excellent.

bringbackrattles

A singer called Billy Fury was a big star in the 60's and was labelled the UK Elvis Presley. Well I was in Mr George's nightclub must have been in the 80's when over the speakers came the announcement that he was making a comeback and was appearing in the club that night. It was a surprise to us in there as we all thought he'd either retired or had passed away as nobody had heard of him for years. Anyway he sang a few songs out of key and the younger ones in the club were shouting for him to get off. It was sad as he was a big name years ago, but was past his sell by date which reflected his dire performance.

robofcov

Saw OK Go at Academy 2 in Birmingham many years ago, we'd mainly gone to see the support band (Mew). Ok Go were really grating, just had to walk out.

Get Over It

Paul Anthony

Judas Priest at the NEC in about 2005 (maybe 2006). Their cause wasn't helped by the fact that they had Scropions supporting them, who were absolutely amazing. Scorps sound was amazing, Priest's sound was awful. A lot of people left not long after Priest started. They were totally outperformed by Scorpions that night.

clint van damme

Judas Priest at the NEC in about 2005 (maybe 2006). Their cause wasn't helped by the fact that they had Scropions supporting them, who were absolutely amazing. Scorps sound was amazing, Priest's sound was awful. A lot of people left not long after Priest started. They were totally outperformed by Scorpions that night.

I've been listening to a podcast which is investigating whether the CIA wrote winds of change. It's pretty good.

Covkid1968#

Last time I saw Weller I vowed to never see him again. Good as gold the other half bought me tickets for Weller this summer... luckily COVID saved me.

LastGarrison

Last time I saw Weller I vowed to never see him again. Good as gold the other half bought me tickets for Weller this summer... luckily COVID saved me.
Have to say I was extremely underwhelmed when I watched him a few years back at Warwick Castle.

Definitely wouldn’t be in a hurry to go see him again.

Users who are viewing this thread