Worrying lack of signings. (1 Viewer)

RFC

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...ws/coventry-city-boss-steven-pressley-7504539

Worrying in my opinion. The team badly needs goals and CW being sold was meant to improve the whole team.

SP says no one is lined up when clearly we need 3 good strikers 2 great ones if possible to form a partnership.

Where's the CW money gone already?

You must be the joker! Only 6 in so far but at least 3 or 4 more likely to come in SP's got his finger on the button, have faith.

Kingokings204

No he's been looking after his kids this week, they went to Coombe Abbey and Drayton Manor... Luckily his wife is off as of Today so might see some more transfer action

Is this a joke or not? Lol

I know they are in Italy but we have majorly lacking goals as seen in these Italy games to an extent. We have lost Clarke, Wilson and moussa and no one has come in, I'm not counting Shaun miller as a replacement. We have got a combined probably 3 million and the season is fast approaching. 2 very strikers need to come in at the very least.

I would call it worrying. (Btw nice to talk football)

Kingokings204

You must be the joker! Only 6 in so far but at least 3 or 4 more likely to come in SP's got his finger on the button, have faith.

The joker. Out of the 6 how many are loans? 2 that last until jan. How many have left us. A lot more than 6 I assure you. We have lost the 3 best players we have had in a while in Clarke Wilson and moussa and not one person has come in as a replacement. We need 3-4 very good signings and we should have the budget and money to do it.

I'm not a joker I am starting to panic with Bradford 2 weeks away. Any new player has to settle in and learn the tactics.

kg82

Thought it was 7 in?
Anyway, I'm not worried. I'm sure Pressley will sort it.
And why aren't you counting Miller?

Gint11

I'm not concerned we won't have a competitive team, I am not worried SP will not sort it and get the 3-4 bodies we need. What worries me is the time it takes for the signings he makes over the next week or so to gel with the others in prep for the season.

FRY-CCFC

When he says no one lined up, he means no one who he will get back and they'll be there waiting to sign right away. He'll have an idea of who he wants

Kingokings204

Don't get me wrong I trust sp but fact is we are massively short of strikers and Shaun miller is not proven

shmmeee

Agree with FRY, the article is saying there's no-one ready to sign right now, not we're not looking.

The big signings will always take a bit longer, people want to see who they've got and what they've got to spend. I don't expect a signing until the season kicks off TBH.

Edit: I also agree with FRY because I suspect he's got good info on transfers.

Last edited:

stupot07

Thought it was 7 in?
Anyway, I'm not worried. I'm sure Pressley will sort it.
And why aren't you counting Miller?

Agreed.

We have miller, will probably sign tudguy too.

We will bring a few more in before the season starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

kg82

Agreed.

We have miller, will probably sign tudguy too.

We will bring a few more in before the season starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I would think we'd get tudgay. That, for me, would be a decent signing. And I'm with you, we'll get a couple in before the season. I actually think we'll be relatively competitive for the first few months. Again, depends what happens in January, but we'll see when we get there!

FabianDebec

And your judging this based on what? pre-season? I love how nobody fancied CW this time last season and now he's the messi that got away hahaha. Whats really worrying is the constant pessimism.............

paulw

And your judging this based on what? pre-season? I love how nobody fancied CW this time last season and now he's the messi that got away hahaha. Whats really worrying is the constant pessimism.............

Very true. This time last year we had Clarke and Wilson, both were unfancied, look at them now. There is so much happening with SISU's appeal and whether we play at Sixfields or the Ricoh. So SISUmust be waiting how much they will give SP to spend.
I think the fact we haven't signed anyone is good because it means we are looking far and wide and not just buy for the sake of it.
Also, If Tudguy and Miller can provide the goals why not give them the chance until January. The season is now split in two and for so many years it's the second part of the season after January that has always been our problem.

Astute

Very true. This time last year we had Clarke and Wilson, both were unfancied, look at them now. There is so much happening with SISU's appeal and whether we play at Sixfields or the Ricoh. So SISUmust be waiting how much they will give SP to spend.
I think the fact we haven't signed anyone is good because it means we are looking far and wide and not just buy for the sake of it.
Also, If Tudguy and Miller can provide the goals why not give them the chance until January. The season is now split in two and for so many years it's the second part of the season after January that has always been our problem.

Clarke wasn't fancied?

You need to do much better than that. We well knew what he was capable of before the start of last season.

Sky Blue Harry H

Clarke wasn't fancied?

You need to do much better than that. We well knew what he was capable of before the start of last season.

With you on that one Astute; on a sidenote - what's your opinion of young James Maddison - just watched clips of him on another thread - looks more than useful to me?

stupot07

Clarke wasn't fancied?

Yeah 2nd behind DMc in the scorers chart for struggling Scunthorpe...never heard of him....

Users who are viewing this thread