Worry or not? (1 Viewer)

japandy

Of course we ALL want City to return to Coventry but when we do will we still be able to perform to this present standard with our crowds? I, for one, would be very disappointed, with all the goings on, if we didn't get 20,000 regulars. People on here say about the small crowds at Sixfields but with a capacity of 7,000 having it a quarter full may seem more atmospheric than a third full Ricoh. Having 8-9,000 fans in a 32,000 stadium when a fair few of those fans are whingers and whiners may not be as productive as we all wish for. I'm NOT saying we should stay at Sixfields. What I am saying is I hope and pray the fans who profess to be so distaught at our not being in Coventry don't end up as smallminded forgetful supporters who don't go and support the players and team as Portsmouth fans have done. It would be so sad if we returned to the Ricoh and after a few months the stadium becomes a morgue again.

Sbarcher

It was like a morgue because we had too many stiffs playing at the time.

shy_tall_knight

JapanA you may be counting chickens there a bit, atmosphere at a third full Ricoh should be the least of our worries. 2 sides poles apart I think things will get darker still, can't see a deal being struck, usually when a person has been taken hostage in the films the ransom note arrives, with SISU we know their demands and they won't be met political suicide for Lucas, I fear the hostage may be killed off - dramatic I know but that's my fear.

italiahorse

It was like a morgue because we had too many stiffs playing at the time.

My memory of the Ricoh, watching from the half way line, was 2 years of the defenders kicking the ball over a 5 man midfield to a single striker up front.

No wonder the crowds disappeared.

RFC

The youngsters are probably better off playing at Sixfields because of the much more positive atmosphere, however the sooner we are back in Coventry the better but hopefully not at the Ricoh.

dongonzalos

Think the real worry will be how will the players cope in front of 20 k plus.
Will they still do the business or crumble under the pressure, as has happened every previous time we have given the fans any sniff of success and the attendances shot up.

bigfatronssba

It would be a test to see what the players are really like.

Good players don't crumble under pressure. If they aspire to be the best they would love playing in front of 20k at the Ricoh.

Grappa

I have to say I haven't actually been to a game since 1988 because I moved to Indonesia to convert the natives from animism to a decent proper religion but I must say I'm blooming angry what with all the developments relating to the ground and whatnot. Angry is probably an understatement but by crikey I can assure that I'm really quite cross and even my wife appreciates the unhappiness I am currently experiencing in regards to my complete and total love for what is and will always be me second most liked thing after God. All I can say is stay strong fellow sky blues, ignore totally the current success we are experiencing and focus totally on the greedy corporate scavengers who actually haven't yet taken a penny from us but have given us a half-decent manager and squad but we all know there is something going on behind the scenes involving immigrants and homosexuals.

dongonzalos

The youngsters are probably better off playing at Sixfields because of the much more positive atmosphere, however the sooner we are back in Coventry the better but hopefully not at the Ricoh.

It won't be sooner if it is not at the Ricoh
It will be later
So you are contradicting yourself

dongonzalos

Which is strange as you always say it is only about supporting SP and the boys. So why are you talking about stadiums?

Also SP and the boys want a return to the Ricoh so if you really want to support them........

dongonzalos

I have to say I haven't actually been to a game since 1988 because I moved to Indonesia to convert the natives from animism to a decent proper religion but I must say I'm blooming angry what with all the developments relating to the ground and whatnot. Angry is probably an understatement but by crikey I can assure that I'm really quite cross and even my wife appreciates the unhappiness I am currently experiencing in regards to my complete and total love for what is and will always be me second most liked thing after God. All I can say is stay strong fellow sky blues, ignore totally the current success we are experiencing and focus totally on the greedy corporate scavengers who actually haven't yet taken a penny from us but have given us a half-decent manager and squad but we all know there is something going on behind the scenes involving immigrants and homosexuals.

Does this make sense to anyone else?

stupot07

I wouldn't worry, we won't be getting 20k regulars if we return to the Ricoh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

standupforcity

Dear oh dear....what have we got here?!! Can someone please explain....this is very scary!!!

Porkchophill

Two pints of Indonesian delirium please

jas365

Thanks Tim!

covcity4life

i would worry the premfaces and chavs would boo ball retention but now im starting to think this team is strong enough to play well anywhere :)

skyblue1523

on current form why would fans at the ricoh start booing the players if the team is playing well putting the effort in and winning games it would be great ground to play in front of 20,000 cheering fans just need the chance to prove it. pusb

covcity4life

on current form why would fans at the ricoh start booing the players if the team is playing well putting the effort in and winning games it would be great ground to play in front of 20,000 cheering fans just need the chance to prove it. pusb

because they dont understand that not very pass has to go forwards,and that strikers do not have 100% goals to shot rations(ours nearly do lol)

majority of cov fans get on players back after 1 misplaced pass,it ruins confidence and flow in performances. it will change hopefully.

olderskyblue

because they dont understand that not very pass has to go forwards,and that strikers do not have 100% goals to shot rations(ours nearly do lol)

So, it's only the fans that do understand that go to sixfields then? wow, I didn't know they had a questionnaire as part of buying a season ticket now.... ;)

Actually, not a bad idea.

1) do you shout abuse when a player misplaces a pass? - if yes, only seats at the back of the stands available.
2) do you leave before the end of matches? - if yes, only end seats on rows available

:)

covcity4life

So, it's only the fans that do understand that go to sixfields then? wow, I didn't know they had a questionnaire as part of buying a season ticket now.... ;)

Actually, not a bad idea.

1) do you shout abuse when a player misplaces a pass? - if yes, only seats at the back of the stands available.
2) do you leave before the end of matches? - if yes, only end seats on rows available

:)

what??????????

not saying sixfields fans are better at all, what i am saying is that there isn't enough of them to create a bad vibe.

olderskyblue

what??????????

not saying sixfields fans are better at all, what i am saying is that there isn't enough of them to create a bad vibe.

I thought the winky thing is supposed to show the post isn't a serious one? ;) or should that be...:confused:

stupot07

I think moving back to the Ricoh could have a detrimental difference, if only that opposition teams seemed to raise their game when they came to the Ricoh last season. And before anyone lynches me, some of the opposition managers have commented on the difficulty of getting their players up for the games as playing at Sixfields feels like a pre season friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

covcity4life

I think moving back to the Ricoh could have a detrimental difference, if only that opposition teams seemed to raise their game when they came to the Ricoh last season. And before anyone lynches me, some of the opposition managers have commented on the difficulty of getting their players up for the games as playing at Sixfields feels like a pre season friendly.

good point

on the plus side though its a big nice pitch that should suit our passing game and wilson would have a field day chasing through balls on it.

Covlad65

They didn't crumble under the pressure at Wolves with over 20,000 in the ground........So yes they will cope!!!!

SIR ERNIE

Could all be wishful thinking imo, I reckon there's less than a 20% chance that a deal will be done. don't get me wrong I'd love to see us return but my head says it's unlikely.

what did AL say?

I, personally, and my council colleagues will do all we can to make this happen. But, once again, nothing has changed in terms of our responsibilities to Coventry taxpayers. The sums need to add up - in terms of revenue and cost to play at the Ricoh Arena. The arena is owned 50% by the Council and 50% by the Higgs Charity - and we own it on behalf of the people of Coventry. I will not short change them. The Ricoh Arena is a great asset, and it deserves a great future

That says to me that they'll (quite rightly) be looking for freehold market value and sisu don't do market value.

The Gentleman

what??????????

I beg to differ on the above point. At the Ricoh most noise is background and it would be difficult for players to understand because of the size of the stadium but at Sixfields, the players would hear a single person shouting so a bad vibe as you call it would probably be worse at Sixfields because it could be directed at a player and he would hear the lot. It is just that because we are playing well that you don't hear some of the crap that used to be shouted down from the stands. If you asked any of the players, do you really think they want to carry on playing to almost empty sheds or a near full stadium with thousands singing their name because they are playing well. I played football at a decent level when I was younger and always loved it when there was more people watching because it spurs you on. The reason a lot of our young players (and also from other teams) are professional footballers is because they are found to be able to handle pressure. I am sure there are loads of nearly players who had the skill to be a pro footballer but just didn't have the head for it.

The Gentleman

Really ??? If you are looking for us to be playing in a new stadium in or around Coventry but not the Ricoh then I think you will find that with the all the progress we have had on a new stadium then most of our youngsters will have most probably retired by the time that gets built.

Really, .........................Really Feckin Clueless.

If its not the RICOH, it will not be Coventry.

Users who are viewing this thread