Worried (1 Viewer)

moleyskyblue

This is something that has being worrying me in the back of mind with the stay away fans such as myself.
With sisu not getting the income streams is this going to give them the excuse in the januarary window to off load some of the players because of this 65% of income ruling, and then come out saying "well its the stay away fans fault for not coming to support their club".
I must admit i am really struggling to stay away,all i want to do is watch my team play football.
So sick of it all, come to the conclusion that sisu are not going to be starved out ,the only way sisu are going to sell up is if they own the ricoh or finally build this "new stadium".
If this is the only way we get rid of them then i hope they do buy it and bring us back to cov, dont care who owns us anymore,dont care about the politics of it all,dont even give crap whos fault it is anymore just want to do what all supporters want and thats to go to watch coventry city.
And just one more thing when was the last time you seen a youngster walking around in a cov top ive not seen one for a while our future fan base is disapearing and its a sad day when you go round a relatives house and once a sky blue is now a spurs which i witnessed today.

bigfatronssba

Its ok, Tim said sisu will fund the losses. Nothing to worry about.

RegTheDonk

I agree with your dilemma, I too won't go to Sixfields because I feel its just wrong when there is an alternative. But I wouldn't hold you, myself, or any other stay away fan responsible....

....Fisher can't blame us for selling players to meet FFP. My logic is they can do a rental deal with ACL which would bring in much more income, based on gate receipts, then they could ever hope to make in Northampton - never mind the pittance they probably get from the F&B. They have every opportunity to purse this for the short term, until they can find some formula to buy into the Ricoh or some consortium pay them off.

Selling our players would be their decision, not one forced on them because of FFP.

edgy

As discussed before, funding the losses may not mean keeping the top earners of the playing squad. It more than likely means us just fulfilling fixtures.
I fully expect us to have to cash in on players in the summer but if we don't then credit where its due. Wages don't pay themselves.

thaiskyblue

This is something that has being worrying me in the back of mind with the stay away fans such as myself.
With sisu not getting the income streams is this going to give them the excuse in the januarary window to off load some of the players because of this 65% of income ruling, and then come out saying "well its the stay away fans fault for not coming to support their club".
I must admit i am really struggling to stay away,all i want to do is watch my team play football.
So sick of it all, come to the conclusion that sisu are not going to be starved out ,the only way sisu are going to sell up is if they own the ricoh or finally build this "new stadium".
If this is the only way we get rid of them then i hope they do buy it and bring us back to cov, dont care who owns us anymore,dont care about the politics of it all,dont even give crap whos fault it is anymore just want to do what all supporters want and thats to go to watch coventry city.
And just one more thing when was the last time you seen a youngster walking around in a cov top ive not seen one for a while our future fan base is disapearing and its a sad day when you go round a relatives house and once a sky blue is now a spurs which i witnessed today.
how can you change supporting teams ?, i must be getting old i thought you have one team , through thick and thin. pusb.

shmmeee

It's early days. Places like this and the fact that we're impatient football fans make it feel like forever, but it's still early days.

I don't think Sisu are stupid enough to sell players in January, especially if we keep up our current form, they need all the fans onside as they can get (hence the current ticket prices, PR articles, pressure groups, etc). To sell the playing squad is to accept that they are not in it for the long term, in which case I'd expect them to sell/put us into admin and they'd get more money back from that process with a decent setup.

I hope.

RFC

It's early days. Places like this and the fact that we're impatient football fans make it feel like forever, but it's still early days.

I don't think Sisu are stupid enough to sell players in January, especially if we keep up our current form, they need all the fans onside as they can get (hence the current ticket prices, PR articles, pressure groups, etc). To sell the playing squad is to accept that they are not in it for the long term, in which case I'd expect them to sell/put us into admin and they'd get more money back from that process with a decent setup.

I hope.

Judging by the number of Managers & Scouts at our games it's inevitable that bids will come raining in during January.

When Premiership or Championship clubs come knocking it can easily unsettle players (particularly those with very active agents), so I personally don't think SISU will have much of a say, one way or the other.

stupot07

Judging by the number of Managers & Scouts at our games it's inevitable that bids will come raining in during January.

When Premiership or Championship clubs come knocking it can easily unsettle players (particularly those with very active agents), so I personally don't think SISU will have much of a say, one way or the other.

Very true. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

mds

The reaction from Sisu the club to any offer we receive will give us a better idea to how we and they stand looking to the future of the club!
May get a truer reflection of their commitment come the end of January!

shmmeee

There's selling players and there's selling players. If a big club comes in that's one thing, but in the past (Tabb, Westwood, Best, Bigirimana) they've been unsettled by the club before any offers came in.

stupot07

There's selling players and there's selling players. If a big club comes in that's one thing, but in the past (Tabb, Westwood, Best, Bigirimana) they've been unsettled by the club before any offers came in.

Not really tabb was homesick and was running down his contract, as was best. Westwood did run down his contract and Bigirimana went to a top flight team, yes Thorn gave him a public bollocking but he wasn't unsettled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

shmmeee

Not really tabb was homesick and was running down his contract, as was best. Westwood did run down his contract and Bigirimana went to a top flight team, yes Thorn gave him a public bollocking but he wasn't unsettled.

Westwood wanted a contract and wasn't given one, ditto Tabb. I know for a fact that Bigi was unsettled, in fact I said on here he was going to leave well before any offers came in. He really didn't get on with Thorn (I taught several of his best mates, worked with several people who went to church with him and speak to him regularly, this is fairly cast iron in terms of sources)

stupot07

Westwood wanted a contract and wasn't given one, ditto Tabb. I know for a fact that Bigi was unsettled, in fact I said on here he was going to leave well before any offers came in. He really didn't get on with Thorn (I taught several of his best mates, worked with several people who went to church with him and speak to him regularly, this is fairly cast iron in terms of sources)

Fair enough, was that more a thorn dispute than a club dispute?

We didn't offer Westwood and Tabb a contract soon enough, but in a way I can understand the reasons behind it, especially with our wage bill already being too high.

J

Jack Griffin

That is the very first thing you've said I can actually agree with.

shmmeee

Fair enough, was that more a thorn dispute than a club dispute?

We didn't offer Westwood and Tabb a contract soon enough, but in a way I can understand the reasons behind it, especially with our wage bill already being too high.

Well for all intents and purposes Thorn WAS the club to some extent. My point being that it's not always as simple as "big club offers, player leaves" it's actually possible to create an environment that players don't immediately want to get away from.

Users who are viewing this thread