Worms and Scum (1 Viewer)

Are Season Holders Scum and Worms?

• Yes

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 48 88.9%

• Total voters

Grendel

A stupid thing it was, to call ST holders worms.

BUT....it's typical of the SISU brigade to jump on that, rather than all the salient points he made in his post, such as SISU just demanding everything for free and then screaming at ACL for being unreasonable when they didn't agree.

Fans aren't the worms. SISU are.

He makes no salient points just smart arsed asides. He is a prick.

CJparker

Replying to Torch and Sickboy, not Grendel - edit

There you go again, picking at the sides rather than addressing the real issue head on.

Can you tell me why SISU are worthy of anyone's support at the point in time? Forget all the bollocks about "they're the only show in town" and "why do you support ACL?" - just answer the frickin question for a change!

Last edited:

CJparker

Sorry Torch, see your post 2 above this one and delete it.

Grendel, I haven't following pgsm, but it's a bit rich of you to accuse someone of ignoring the big issues and sniping around the sides - that's your response every time someone makes a coherent argument when you have no comeback!

Brighton Sky Blue

There you go again, picking at the sides rather than addressing the real issue head on.

Can you tell me why SISU are worthy of anyone's support at the point in time? Forget all the bollocks about "they're the only show in town" and "why do you support ACL?" - just answer the frickin question for a change!

I suppose because they are quite honestly the only show in town-though Jan seems to suggest otherwise. The fate of the club is essentially in their hands.

torchomatic

I know it pisses you off but they are the only show in town!

Sorry Torch, see your post 2 above this one and delete it.

Grendel, I haven't following pgsm, but it's a bit rich of you to accuse someone of ignoring the big issues and sniping around the sides - that's your response every time someone makes a coherent argument when you have no comeback!

ashbyjan

Sorry to be boringly controversial here but no one actually supports SISU or ACL or the Council or Fisher or Mutton (if they did the scarves would be on sale in the club shop!!) - we can agree with theIR individual stances or points of view but the only organisation that deserves out true support is CCFC. It is the club that brings us all together - some may not like the way its run or the way its owners have behaved or its landlords have behaved but we all support the club. The club was here before SISU and ACL aand will be here after they are gone. The club will survive this stupid battle because it has something neither SISU or ACL have - fans, and those fans will be here long after SISU and ACL are long forgotten. Owners come and go, councillors come and go etc but fans are in it for life.

We may have our differences but the thing that we have in common is stronger than that that divides.

Grendel

But are you sure ?

Well we are all sure they are at the moment. We are worse than Birmingham (no buyers) and not dissimilar to Pompey (nearly in League Two).

Administration since 2004 brings a 65% probability of a worse league position in two seasons than currently occupied.

So I am pretty sure things will only get worse.

I try to educate you -- will you ever learn?

Brighton Sky Blue

Sorry to be boringly controversial here but no one actually supports SISU or ACL or the Council or Fisher or Mutton (if they did the scarves would be on sale in the club shop!!) - we can agree with theIR individual stances or points of view but the only organisation that deserves out true support is CCFC. It is the club that brings us all together - some may not like the way its run or the way its owners have behaved or its landlords have behaved but we all support the club. The club was here before SISU and ACL aand will be here after they are gone. The club will survive this stupid battle because it has something neither SISU or ACL have - fans, and those fans will be here long after SISU and ACL are long forgotten. Owners come and go, councillors come and go etc but fans are in it for life.

We may have our differences but the thing that we have in common is stronger than that that divides.

There's only so much that loyalty can get in modern football though Jan-I have been supporting CCFC for a lot less than some of the senior posters here (only started going regularly in 2001), and as a result all I have really known is our stay in the Football League which has been one long failure. The club has achieved nothing for so long that it needs something monumental to happen for things to change for the better-and getting this mess over the Ricoh sorted could well be that.

sky blue john

Well we are all sure they are at the moment. We are worse than Birmingham (no buyers) and not dissimilar to Pompey (nearly in League Two).

Administration since 2004 brings a 65% probability of a worse league position in two seasons than currently occupied.

So I am pretty sure things will only get worse.

I try to educate you -- will you ever learn?

Last week you claimed to be in advertising !!!
What now your a teacher ?
I tend to find advertising based on hot air and bullshit which is quiet apt in your case!!!

CJparker

I shouldn't have referred to the SISU brigade, t hat was my mistake.

SISU platoon would have been more appropriate, given your diminishing numbers!!:whistle:

Grendel

Last week you claimed to be in advertising !!!
What now your a teacher ?
I tend to find advertising based on hot air and bullshit which is quiet apt in your case!!!

Don't worry -- the products we market are well out of your league.

procdoc

what a ridiculous and childish thread just aimed at antagonising people. You're supposed to be an adult, grow up

torchomatic

Not a season ticket holder then?

what a ridiculous and childish thread just aimed at antagonising people. You're supposed to be an adult, grow up

Sky Blue Kid

I totally agree with CJParker on this. He was wrong to say ST holders were worms, but everything he said about SISU is 100% true!...Btw, YOU would be crying now if someone called you a prick Grenduffy!:facepalm:

torchomatic

sotv1987

i've been a season ticket holder for 20+ years, will be for another 20+ years hopefully, i think to call us worms and scum is pathetic, we are the blood of the club!!!!:jerkit::jerkit:

Sky Blue Kid

i've been a season ticket holder for 20+ years, will be for another 20+ years hopefully, i think to call us worms and scum is pathetic, we are the blood of the club!!!!:jerkit::jerkit:

Supporters who can't afford to pay a "Lump sum" for a ST but go to every match and "Pay on the gate aren't?"....Are they not the "Blood of the Club too?"
I put it to you mate that they are more so because over the season they pay more into the Club.
PS...When you have been a ST holder for that extra 20+ years you might catch up with some of us who have already done it !

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I'm certainly not voting, this is a form of cyber bullying against a poster who used language that is maybe regrettable, but shouldn't be attacked in this way, Torchy, grow up & have a quiet word with the Admin if you are upset by a post.

PS Can admin take this topic down & clean up the original post that prompted it.

Agreed. It's in terrible taste. People use all sorts of terms in the heat of debate that they latterly regret as it represents a view that's beyond the extremities of their true beliefs. It should be dealt with at the time. This is shameful

WillieStanley

Supporters who can't afford to pay a "Lump sum" for a ST but go to every match and "Pay on the gate aren't?"....Are they not the "Blood of the Club too?"
I put it to you mate that they are more so because over the season they pay more into the Club.
PS...When you have been a ST holder for that extra 20+ years you might catch up with some of us who have already done it !

I haven't paid a lump sum in years. £30 a month until November. ;)

Grendel

I totally agree with CJParker on this. He was wrong to say ST holders were worms, but everything he said about SISU is 100% true!...Btw, YOU would be crying now if someone called you a prick Grenduffy!:facepalm:

Well he has called me a lot worse. Not that I care what he thinks.

Also if I make a point I stick around and respond back to what is thrown at me -- not go into hiding which all bullies like him do.

The Penguin

Forgive me for being all hippie on the issue, but surely anyone who contributes in some way to supporting the football club is the "blood of the club"?

Whether you are a Day 1 season ticket holder, someone who pays on the gate for their matches, someone who only goes to away games (yes I know we don't get this money, but the bodies are there supporting the team at the match) etc etc....doesn't matter. You're supporting CCFC, you want the best for CCFC....that qualifies you as "blood of the club" in my view.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to pluck at a banjo and sing Kumbayah :laugh:

ajsccfc

Season ticket holders vs pay on the day fans?

For fuck's sake, are people that desperate to start arguments?

Mucca Mad Boys

PSGM and dadgad can feck off, but then again, it does confirm them as non-CCFC fans.

STs are important, and are the backbone of the club, but that doesn't mean they are better fans than a person who goes up on the gate, especially of they go to 20+ a season.

I also accept that there's a recession and times are hard, but, I will say this, if we were in the prem, people would suddenly find the extra money to go to games.

Last edited:

RichieGunns

Why would you even take PSGM1 serious.

The guys an idiot lol!

As for Dadgad, i can't comment but I think the whole scum and worms is a load of bollocks.

ricohman

This is the most silly question ive ever read on this forum, and the fact that 10% think they are scum shows that every club has its idiots.

Mucca Mad Boys

This is the most silly question ive ever read on this forum, and the fact that 10% think they are scum shows that every club has its idiots.

In fairness, we know Grendel voted 'yes' ironically.

The other 4, wow, just wow.

sotv1987

I totally agree with you, I won't knock anybody for going to all the games and yes you do pay more than us ST holder, I was only trying to state that the comments about ST holders being worms and scum is totally out of order, I'm sure I will catch up with you older supporters eventually!!!

ajsccfc

Everyone who hands money over to the club helps keep it alive, there's no league table of who's more important.

Moff

I'm certainly not voting, this is a form of cyber bullying against a poster who used language that is maybe regrettable, but shouldn't be attacked in this way, Torchy, grow up & have a quiet word with the Admin if you are upset by a post.

PS Can admin take this topic down & clean up the original post that prompted it.

So to call somone names isnt cyber bullying, but to raise objection to it is.

I suppose also anyone that dares to disagree with you is a bully as well. Perhaps we should end all free speech incase you and MMM are upset in anyway if people dont compose their posts as you wish. :facepalm:

I despair.

Moff

Agreed. It's in terrible taste. People use all sorts of terms in the heat of debate that they latterly regret as it represents a view that's beyond the extremities of their true beliefs. It should be dealt with at the time. This is shameful

Behave..its not shameful at all.

I never took you for the easily offended type, dont tell me you write letters to the Daily Mail and Points of view as well.

Users who are viewing this thread