World Cup Winner? (1 Viewer)

2018 World Cup Winner will be...

• Total voters

Manchester_sky_blue

I'll say this for Southgate, he seems to be the first England manager in a long time that actually looks like he wants the job. Maybe that might just count for something

jimmyhillsfanclub

just voted for belgium......frightening going forward......scored a shed-load during qualifying.

I reckon this WC may be the Kevin De Bruyne show....

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If Belgium win the group they will probably get done by Brazil in the quarters. It will be one of the hardest matches Brazil would have to face to get to the final. I still think they will win it.

I can see a good performance from Argentina, not so convinced about Spain or France though. I wouldn't want to bet against the Germans but I'm not that sure myself as they seem to be stuttering a bit. Portugal will hopefully have a return of karma from the Euros where they didn't win a game in 90 minutes other than against Wales.

Basically everyone please be shit and let England fluke their way to a decent finish.

Otis

If Belgium win the group they will probably get done by Brazil in the quarters. It will be one of the hardest matches Brazil would have to face to get to the final. I still think they will win it.

I can see a good performance from Argentina, not so convinced about Spain or France though. I wouldn't want to bet against the Germans but I'm not that sure myself as they seem to be stuttering a bit. Portugal will hopefully have a return of karma from the Euros where they didn't win a game in 90 minutes other than against Wales.

Basically everyone please be shit and let England fluke their way to a decent finish.
I would say that overall we don't have much luck in international tournaments.

I know we had the Hurst goal, but on the flip side you look and see the Maradonna handball, Lampard's goal that was way, way over the line, Campbell's disallowed header, the penalty spot giving way under Beckham's foot etc.etc.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I know we had the Hurst goal, but on the flip side you look and see the Maradonna handball, Lampard's goal that was way, way over the line, Campbell's disallowed header, the penalty spot giving way under Beckham's foot etc.etc.

Yeah, I see your point. Not convinced we were really good enough though. Also even if the Lampard goal would have counted I think we would still have struggled unless the Germans would have completely imploded.

I actually like Southgate and I hope we can do well, but as normal we will have fairly winnable games in the group stage and then all of sudden we get out the group and it's shark infested waters with little chance of proceeding. I have a bit of faith though, our players aren't as bad as some people say they are, and Southgate has them working quite hard.

rob9872

The list is almost endless. In addition to those you mentioned, Polish keeper having a stormer, Koeman not being sent off, the ball looping up over Shilts, Gazza's toe almost getting there, not conceding a goal but going out on draws ... a bit of luck and things could be so different. We have no divine right to win, but those who have will have likely had favourable decisions. Only one can win and 31 nations will be leaving empty handed.

lifeskyblue

The list is almost endless. In addition to those you mentioned, Polish keeper having a stormer, Koeman not being sent off, the ball looping up over Shilts, Gazza's toe almost getting there, not conceding a goal but going out on draws ... a bit of luck and things could be so different. We have no divine right to win, but those who have will have likely had favourable decisions. Only one can win and 31 nations will be leaving empty handed.

With all those ‘ifs and buts’ you are beginning to sound like a polite Kevin Nolan ...or is that an oxymoron?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

I like the cut of the French jib, they have a very good squad and are my favourites to win. I also think the Spanish will be strong, but that's because I've got them in the works sweep.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Portugal v Spain live right now, the world cup start now for me.

The team's that have played so far have been dire.

Otis

My money's now on Russia winning it.

That's if there's enough funds in the vault of course.

Be interesting also to see if an order has gone in lately at the ministry for a box of balaclavas.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Portugal v Spain live right now, the world cup start now for me.

The team's that have played so far have been dire.
That's what you call a football ball match.

A hat trick and a Burge moment.

Not like the rubbish in the all the other games.

Otis

That's what you call a football ball match.

A hat trick and a Burge moment.

Not like the rubbish in the all the other games.
I love football ball matches even more than just football matches.

I think it is the extra ball that makes all the difference.

Liquid Gold

We beat Ukraine at the euros when they scored but the ref didn’t think the ball crossed the line. I bet there are loads more instances than that but you remember the bad ones.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Be interesting also to see if an order has gone in lately at the ministry for a box of balaclavas.
I think you could be right, can't see any VAR going against Russia, after all the referees want to go home in one piece.

wingy

Then we'll bomb them? ?

wingy

Anyhow If this thread is about who will win the WC get your money on Argentina ,they're wearing Skyblue and White stripes.
If it isn't then apologies.

Otis

Anyhow If this thread is about who will win the WC get your money on Argentina ,they're wearing Skyblue and White stripes.
If it isn't then apologies.
Let's see if they play half as well as we did against Notts County.

Otis

They set off a little while a go to return to their hotel and will probably already be back packing.

I'll say this for Southgate, he seems to be the first England manager in a long time that actually looks like he wants the job. Maybe that might just count for something

At least if we go out on penalties he can resurrect his career with Pizza Hut. He was paid £100K back in 1996 so he'll likely double it this time around.
I can forgive any player missing a penalty in an important competition but to become a mercenary and make financial gain from his 'error' is unforgiveable.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Spain playing Chuckle Brothers football. To Me, To You . To Me, To You. To Me, To You.

giphy.gif

What would Eric Morecambe say, what do you think of it so far, RUBBISH.

giphy.gif

Otis

Gutted to see Spain go out as Russia are shite. Croatia are my outside bet.
Spain are their own worst enemies.

They could have easily won that game today. However, they went one up and started strolling about, merely retaining possession.

They could have killed the game off with a second goal, but seemingly weren't busting a gut to do so.

ICHAN

Not enough invention by Spain today, just seemed happy enough to pass the ball around, the Russians set up their game plan and Spain just didn't seem to have a plan of how to break them down.
England have a very good chance to win this, with a lot of the big teams going out I think.

Mucca Mad Boys

They could have easily won that game today. However, they went one up and started strolling about, merely retaining possession.

They could have killed the game off with a second goal, but seemingly weren't busting a gut to do so.

It was suicidal getting rid of their manager that close to the tournament.

There's something stale about the way Germany and Spain are playing at the minute. Especially with Spain who struggled to break down all the teams they played, if you held a deep line and stayed in your defensive structure, you're conceding 1 goal. Germany is a strange one, their 'old guard' should be in their prime. Perhaps the team were victims of their own success, after all, Löw had managed to get to the semi-finals at least with them at all the major tournaments he's managed -- maybe hubris about the 'Spanish' or 'German' ways gave them a false sense of security that they'll get the job done.

France made a statement yesterday, they proved that the ability to be direct is key, and Mbappé put in a stormer and Argentina just couldn't handle his pace at all. It's what's missing about Spain and Germany, there's virtually no directness in the way they played. Even Brazil for Paulinho's goal v Serbia showed they can be direct when it's needed.

Hold your breath people, if England got to the semis, it will likely be against Croatia which is a winnable game! The Croatians have the edge in midfield, but we have the edge with our forwards and neither team has the edge defensively.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Agree, Spain got what they deserved, NOTHING. :emoji_wave:

Users who are viewing this thread