Word of warning! (1 Viewer)

christonabike

Feel free to move this Nick but thought it would get the most views.
Was in the pub last night at 6pm and two lads were sitting in a car with a laptop or similar just down from my car and my friends car. He has an Audi RS5 so he moved his car across to his friends drive and put his Disklok on. (He is paranoid about it I just laughed and said they must be after mine jokingly). As he moved the car one of the lads said nice car mate!

I went home an hour later only to be woken at 10.30pm by a neighbour saying a car pulled up to mine popped drivers window and broke my cheap steering lock off my car but didnt get the car away luckily. The cars keyless start so must of had one of those gadget that goes into your OBD socket on the car and starts it using a clone setting. Moved my car to work and slept here all night (well didnt sleep at all to be honest) where it is locked behind gates. Now when I finish work at 9 am I will take it to my mums and get the glass replaced. My car is an 09 Focus ST but having spoken to various people this is rife now around Coventry. Keys being cloned on drives and cars going missing all over the place. I was lucky as its just the price of a new window and £125 now for a Disklok. Please be aware of these scum we work hard for a living and its something we can do without.

wingy

Feel free to move this Nick but thought it would get the most views.
Was in the pub last night at 6pm and two lads were sitting in a car with a laptop or similar just down from my car and my friends car. He has an Audi RS5 so he moved his car across to his friends drive and put his Disklok on. (He is paranoid about it I just laughed and said they must be after mine jokingly). As he moved the car one of the lads said nice car mate!

I went home an hour later only to be woken at 10.30pm by a neighbour saying a car pulled up to mine popped drivers window and broke my cheap steering lock off my car but didnt get the car away luckily. The cars keyless start so must of had one of those gadget that goes into your OBD socket on the car and starts it using a clone setting. Moved my car to work and slept here all night (well didnt sleep at all to be honest) where it is locked behind gates. Now when I finish work at 9 am I will take it to my mums and get the glass replaced. My car is an 09 Focus ST but having spoken to various people this is rife now around Coventry. Keys being cloned on drives and cars going missing all over the place. I was lucky as its just the price of a new window and £125 now for a Disklok. Please be aware of these scum we work hard for a living and its something we can do without.
Did you inform the Police.
Remember their Reg or check If the Pub has CCTV?

Bumberclart

They don't even need an ODB connection. If your keys are near the door, they can receive the keyless signal from your keys by just standing outside. They have a device that receives the signal, then replicates it allowing them to start the car.
Keep your keys upstairs or store them in a metal box at night to stop the thieving gits.

kdrinkell

This is old news,RS5 on the main road by the hospital disappeared two years ago and was found on pallets in a lockup in bits,S5 before Christmas was stolen in Binley and used for an armed robbery in Liverpool.
Get one of these so even with the keys they aren't going anywhere NEW! Autowatch Ghost CANbus Immobiliser 400 quid
and get a faraday pouch for your keys while you sleep so they can't get a signal.
I also use pentagon glass so no amount of banging is breaking my windows and security posts are a good, all singing dancing CCTV is rendered useless by a scarf and a hoodie but PIR lights are a pita for them.

christonabike

I have to park on the road sadly. I also live in a first floor flat with security doors so I doubt they scanned my key. I will look for the fuse for the OBD thanks

Sub

Also you can get an OBD relocation cable that you can fit and then hide the port somewhere else in the car i have done this on my ST.

Marty

Can they do this on cars without keyless entry/start?

Covstu

My car was done in a service station prior to Christmas. Just popped into the station for a slash and they got in and took my laptop. Thankfully it was a shitty work one but bit worrying. Only service station without cctv too in the area.

Stopped me working for best part of a month whilst IT finally got me a new laptop.

hill83

I've recently bought 2010 1.6 Zetec Focus. Bang average and I doubt anybody would want it.

Gazolba

When thieves see my car, they actually take pity on me and wash and polish it.

skyblue1991

Just bought an immaculate 58 reg 1,25L Ford Fiesta with 31k miles for £3000

Nowt special but gets me from A to B and not worth nicking!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread