Worcester Game On Tele Then? (1 Viewer)

skybluejelly

Guy in the ccfc shop today confirmed tickets are £10 for adults £5 for kids and they go on sale Monday

SkyBlueSid

Didn't we play some of the games at Sixfields at 2pm on Sundays?

Maybe Northampton Town are using the Ricoh on the Saturday.....

letsallsingtogether

I know It's a good job I don't watch NFL or Baseball then. Then again don't watch cricket much ether.
Is ironic moaning about it being about money, for the TV etc and fuck them while going to watch the NFL which is being played over here, for money....

Is ironic moaning about it being about money, for the TV etc and fuck them while going to watch the NFpL which is being played over here, for money....

Can't someone enjoy a massive sporting occasion being held in our capital, without needing to find some negative aspect or viewpoint of it.
Some people ain't happy if they're not moaning.

Nick

Administrator
Can't someone enjoy a massive sporting occasion being held in our capital, without needing to find some negative aspect or viewpoint of it.
Some people ain't happy if they're not moaning.

Of course they can. I hope they enjoy it :)

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

Of course they can. I hope they enjoy it :)

dont lose sleep :p nick i can garentee i will its not everday a giants fan like myself gets to boo the cowboys. i dont mind them moving the game if they are showing the bastard to move it so they can bring you the final score is possibly the stupidest thing ive ever read. and for the record if money was split the same way in football as it is in the nfl the sport would be saved no team in the nfl gets what they sell it all goes into a massive pot and gets split 32 ways which is why they are milking games in this country because it lines the pockets of everyone not just the teams coming over.

Astute

Is ironic moaning about it being about money, for the TV etc and fuck them while going to watch the NFL which is being played over here, for money....

SISU came to our club because they thought they would make lots of money. Players come to our club for the money. And we are allowed to go and watch if we pay our money.

I don't know about you Nick, but I go to work not for the laugh I have but for the money.

CityBlueBoy

Hi All,

Looking forward to the game, in what is our biggest in 10 years since we played live on the BBC at home to Huddersfield. Although people from both clubs are not happy with the change of day, we cannot argue with £12,500, thats basically our rent for a season paid and with money left over, so as you can imagine we as a club are very happy.

Its been reported today that we have already sold over 1k of tickets, thats not taking into account anything after 5pm yesterday, its anticipated 2 - 3k will attend.

Can we win is the only question remaining, I would take a draw !

torchomatic

torchomatic

Andy@Worcester

OK, so the point I registered to answer has already been made above.

I doubt any of your players have already played for clubs in earlier rounds, and therefore would not be eligible - which is what 'cup-tied' means.

It is a case of whether the lending Clubs give permission to turn out for Coventry City, thereby preventing them from turning out for their home Clubs in later rounds. However, this information is not required to be in the public domain, so is unlikely to be known until the 18 man squads are announced on the day - at around 14.15.

Note 7 subs can be named in the FA Cup, but only three can be fielded.

We faced this problem last year when Nuneaton denied Phil Trainer permission to play for us in the FA Cup when on loan - so his loan was immediately terminated.

Last edited:

Andy@Worcester

Given that Fleck is suspended, Johnson having a nasty gash, and another thread indicating that CCFC have seven players on loan (Allsop, Coulibaly, Mcquoid, Nouble, Hines, Madine and Martin) - any combination of which, or none, might be denied permission to play - I guess it will be pretty hard for WCFC management to work out in advance what your probable starting line-up might be.

At least when we played you in '83, we knew it was a near certainty we'd be facing Gerry Francis, Mark Hateley, Steven Hunt, Les Sealey ... well, that was until the game was in doubt with your stand roof at HR having blown off the night before the game!

chiefdave

Its been reported today that we have already sold over 1k of tickets, thats not taking into account anything after 5pm yesterday, its anticipated 2 - 3k will attend.

I read this twice before I realised it was a Worcester fan posting and not one of ours!

RoboCCFC90

Hi All,

Looking forward to the game, in what is our biggest in 10 years since we played live on the BBC at home to Huddersfield. Although people from both clubs are not happy with the change of day, we cannot argue with £12,500, thats basically our rent for a season paid and with money left over, so as you can imagine we as a club are very happy.

Something about the FA Cup still leaves a tingle even now, I really hope that WCFC Supporters turn up in big numbers and have a fantastic day on Sunday.

Good luck for the rest of the season... After Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

fa cup

allsopp
phillips
willis
webster
haynes
coubilaly
finch
barton
swanson
miller
tudgay

and then in JPT

Burge
willis
webster
martin
haynes
obrien
thomas
barton
fleck
nouble
jackson/madine

best squad ever :)

Andy@Worcester

Can I provide some factual corrections and further information to your website bods ...

Worcester have played through three rounds (four matches) in the FA Cup to get to this stage ... Leamington (3QR, after a replay) and Greenwich Borough (4QR) as reported, but preceded by Rugby Town in the 2nd QR.

The two Clubs have previously met on four occasions in the FA Cup, with the following results ...
7th October 1905 (FAC-1st Qualifying Round) Coventry City 0-3 Worcester City
2nd November 1907 (FAC-3rd Qualifying Round) Coventry City 2-0 Worcester City
5th November 1960 (FAC 1st Round) Worcester City 1-4 Coventry City (Att. 7,751)
8th January 1983 (FAC 3rd Round) Coventry City 3-1 Worcester City (Att. 11,843)

In addition to these four FA Cup encounters, there have been 16 other competitive encounters between the two Clubs (excluding friendlies), as follows
12 in the Birmingham League, between 1902 and 1908 (between 1912 and 1922 the two Clubs played a further 12 games in the Birmingham League, but where it was a Coventry City Reserve side, given that CCFC gained entry to the FL around 1909, I believe)
2 in the Birmingham Senior Cup (1907 and 1995, the latter being the most recent encounter between the two Clubs)
2 other minor cups in 1971 and 1972

The overall playing records of the two sides in competitive fixtures against each other:

CCFC: P 20, W 11, D 4, L 5, F 44, A 32
WCFC: P20, W 5, D 4, L 11, F 32, A 44

I see you are using the nickname 'the Dragons' - no-one really uses that, certainly not like Coventry are called the Sky Blues. 'The Royals' is another nickname, as is the 'Blue and Whites' - bottom line is that we don't really have a nickname.

Hope that helps ...

Andy@Worcester

For info, as of last night, Worcester have pre-sold 1,700 tickets. Would expect that to perhaps reach at least 2,500 by Saturday, with further 'pay-on-the-gate' on Sunday.

How many Coventry fans will be there, do you reckon? 6,000 ish?

Ashdown

For info, as of last night, Worcester have pre-sold 1,700 tickets. Would expect that to perhaps reach at least 2,500 by Saturday, with further 'pay-on-the-gate' on Sunday.

How many Coventry fans will be there, do you reckon? 6,000 ish?

If any of these figures were true, it would be excellent support and should be shouted from the rooftops to stir the Coventry fans into turning up in bigger numbers!

Andy@Worcester

Andy@Worcester - what's your favourite type of locomotive? Which class?

No interest.

If our website read that 'Worcester will be playing the Bantams on Sunday, in their third ever meeting in the FA Cup, and this is Coventry's second game in the tournament this year, and we will be providing full live text coverage starting half an hour after kick-off', I'd be a bit embarrassed, tbh, and would call the Club, and the website volunteer would make the corrections. Clearly you're not bothered. That's ok with me.

But, Deltics - there is just that something special about those bright yellow warning panels, don't you think? ;-)

ajsccfc

Last I checked when you click on 'team' on our official site homepage it was a dead link, so I wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

Users who are viewing this thread