wood's contract (1 Viewer)

FinnishSkyBlue

I think it's up in the summer, am i right? What do you think, should it be extended? I know he is quite expensive, but robins has been good for him..

WillieStanley

I think he deserves a new contract but one that reflects the current squad. He's had a mixed time here but is a trooper! Not his biggest fan but you can't knock his commitment!

skybluegod

We don't know his actual wages do we? If it's 5-6k fine if higher then try get it down a bit. But if we get promoted this season then we should keep on same terms.

Gaz

Not really a big fan of his, I think we could get better value for money tbf.

skybluegod

No I didn't.

Which game have you sen him play under robins? Because today he was a real leader he got a goal was very solid defensively and almost ran the entire pitch to get on a cross which he almost scored. And every other game I have seen him play he has been solid and a leader.

Gaz

I honestly am not going to go through every game I have seen him play for us under Robins, but my view on Wood, is that I rate him as a league one player, nothing more and nothing less.
I also believe he is on a lot more money than most league one defenders, and that's why I feel we can get better value.

tippex9

Player in form in final year of contract shock!!! Lol

Tbh I hope he stays, this is probably his longest run in the side and he is an asset at both ends.

Otis

I quite like him, but he really struggles with any forward who gets the ball down on the deck and runs at him at pace. He has little agility and has the turning ability of a Sherman Tank.

He's fine for League One, but if we were to go up I'd be looking to replace him.

D

Deleted member 4232

Keep him. Cut his wages down if we can. If not, ship him out.

S

SkyBlue Baker96

Could Cameron be a suitable replacement if we can't keep wood?

Otis

I prefer Cameron to Wood. More mobile. He's still learning his trade though and is prone to mistakes.

Wood makes his fair share though doesn't he.

Greggs

This season i cannot knock woody. He has broken his face about 4 times and carried on playing, WARRIOR

S

SkyBlue Baker96

I feel Cameron will be a bigger asset as wood gets older he will bceome slower but his experience will play a big part and will hopefully be able to help cameron become one of the best CB'S in which ever league we are in, whether it be championship or higher.

Gaz

I prefer Cameron to Wood. More mobile. He's still learning his trade though and is prone to mistakes.

Wood makes his fair share though doesn't he.

I feel the same.

Users who are viewing this thread