Wood,Mcpake and Freddie. (1 Viewer)

skybluesteve76

Firstly, where are they? And secondly, is it time to freshen things up a touch? Perhaps give Craine and Christie a rest, both of whom I thought were particularly poor last night. I'd still like to see Keogh at RB, wood in there for his heading ability, which we were severely lacking last night. I also think a fit Freddie would of put at least one of Codys chances away last night. Also I think One game too many for Gael last night. Thoughts?

Macca

when you consider Gael had been up all the previous night turning water into wine its not surprising he was a little jaded

torchomatic

I think it's too early to start chopping the defence about. Last night was really the first time this season they have looked shaky. It would be harsh to drop them now. See how things go against Reading and/or Blackpool.

muners

See how things go against reading and Blackpool..... Are you for real? With their strikers they will hammer us unless we step up to the Mark and greatly improve.

torchomatic

Unfortunately, yes. I am indeed "for real".

We also thought Derby and Middlesborough would "hammer" us. They didn't. Apart from last night and Bury we've been good this season. And guess what, players don't go out there to play sh1t. It happens.

See how things go against reading and Blackpool..... Are you for real? With their strikers they will hammer us unless we step up to the Mark and greatly improve.

muners

Unfortunately, yes. I am indeed "for real".

We also thought Derby and Middlesborough would "hammer" us. They didn't. Apart from last night and Bury we've been good this season. And guess what, players don't go out there to play sh1t. It happens.

You are right. It does happen, however, playing well and creating chances doesn't win games does it..... Scoring more goals than your opponents does. Tackles in first time everytime, it will come for us and I'm hoping this is our seasons bad patch........

ashbyjan

Defensively we have been sound all season and just because of one bad performance I wouldn't rush to change it. A lot of the problems last night were due to the midfield not closing down and not tracking runners as much as poor defenders. Christie didn't have his best game but I would give him another chance. Gael looks like he needs a rest but with Deegan still injured and Baker looking like he might be out our options are limited. Guess its time to blood another kid - step up Connor Thomas.

Gotta ask why couldn't Crainie score a cracking header at the right end when he had the chance. He can obviously do it as proved with the own goal.

skyblue4ever

Gotta ask why couldn't Crainie score a cracking header at the right end when he had the chance. He can obviously do it as proved with the own goal.

Rich - Its because i wasn't looking when he put the ball into his own net where as at the other end he was actually attempting to score!

Marty

It's the first time we have come up against a decent forward line this season. got stretched all over the pitch and they seemed to have so much space it was unreal. I would freshen things up a little. Probaly go for a more solid defence and play Wood along side Keogh and move Craine to left back.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Rich - Its because i wasn't looking when he put the ball into his own net where as at the other end he was actually attempting to score!
That's an awfully basic and well thought out argument... you're on the wrong forums mate :)

Na I jest. Eastwood atm won't play because he's still at his intestive fat camp. Whilst I agree chopping/changing the defense wouldn't be helpful, giving Christie a rest would be good. Problem with that is that Christie is our main attacking threat - bombing forward and putting crosses in. Hussey was terrible last night in doing that and when he was obviously having an off day, we suddenly resorted to Boothroyd tactics... that was my real worry!

Last edited:

skyblue4ever

That's an awfully basic and well thought out argument... you're on the wrong forums mate :)

Na I jest. Eastwood atm won't play because he's still at his intestive fat camp. Whilst I agree chopping/changing the defense wouldn't be helpful, giving Christie a rest would be good. Problem with that is that Christie is our main attacking threat - bombing forward and putting crosses in. Hussey was terrible last night in doing that and when he was obviously having an off day, we suddenly resorted to Boothroyd tactics... that was my real worry!

I just realised that i put "I wasn't looking" when obviously i meant that Cranie wasn't looking at the ball when he headed it into his own net!It was a tad worrying seeing all the long balls all of a sudden though, Juke being so good in the air might be a bad thing in some ways

Users who are viewing this thread