Women's World Cup 2015 (1 Viewer)

Tad

Anyone else been watching it? Think it's been rather good so far.

It's so refreshing seeing players not diving around like they've been shot. There doesn't seem to be any of that crap here.

wingy

It's so refreshing seeing players not diving around like they've been shot. There doesn't seem to be any of that crap here.

Yeah watched the Opener on Sunday and while it was dull and nullifying that same point struck me

I hope our Ladies show the form and freedom they're capable of

Hope Powell seemed to have them playing with fear and the New guy appeared to remove the shackles
They did regularly make It to the last four but seemed Inhibited in their belief or got bullied by a very physical US

oakey

It's brilliant to see women's sport shown and have the stage to themselves for once.
Anyone with a sister, wife, daughter who is sporty will tell you that nothing inspires them more than seeing these athletes given top billing. Whatever you think of the standard they play the game in the right spirit and not for money like so many of their male counterparts, sadly.
Good luck, England. Hope you do better than the men have managed for 49 years!

Im glad Women's sport is being given this global stage to perform on, but to be honest im not that bothered about it. Its not as good as the men's game. Im all for gender equality but its just not my thing. Still routing for England though

M&B Stand

Its true that, they don't play act and roll around in agony, they just get up. Even more impressive when you consider how agricultural the tackling is!

ccfc92

Not sure about the other games, but England's women's game seems to be on a 3G pitch?

LB87ccfc

Anyone see Norways free kick goal last night? If Messi or Ronaldo had scored it, it would be played over and over again for the next 6 months.

James Smith

Not sure about the other games, but England's women's game seems to be on a 3G pitch?

I saw one of the build up shows and they said all the games were being played on artificial pitches.

James Smith

Anyone else watching England vs Mexico?

James Smith

I've got it on, hopefully better than the last game. Shouldn't the pitch look perfect if its artificial?

From what Johnathon Pearce said about rubber crumbs and you can see them in the slow mo, I think this is the same stuff as they have at the Higgs. It allows you to slide on it without getting burns unlike normal astroturf.

Not looking amazing at the moment are we.

chiefdave

Not looking amazing at the moment are we.

They need to buck their ideas up, need to win today if they want to get past the group stage. Seem to have the same problem as the mens team, stroll through qualification than can't match the better teams in the finals.

James Smith

Sadly I agree with that.
I've been told not to make any (more) comments about the fitness of the teams if I don't want to be sleeping on the sofa.

James Smith

Shoot!!!!!

James Smith

It's getting better but they seem reluctant to take a shot.

Johnnythespider

The pitches look terrible to me, inconsistent bounce and the ball seems to gather pace and run away from players. As a team we look a bit aimless and seem to be hoping a chance will come rather than creating one.

James Smith

That wasn't a bad effort off the woodwork.

stupot07

Bizarre results. Germany won 10-0 agains Ivory Coast last week, today Switzerland win 10-1 agains Ecuador......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

James Smith

Bizarre results. Germany won 10-0 agains Ivory Coast last week, today Switzerland win 10-1 agains Ecuador......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

To be fair to Ecuador Ponce did score a hat trick in that game. Just a shame two of them were own goals.

That's too close for comfort England get it out.

Last edited:

James Smith

Kirby!!!!!!!!!

James Smith

Nice deflection off the post.

James Smith

I've also been banned from commenting about the 'fitness' of the officials too :(

James Smith

Agreed, need to keep the pressure up though.

James Smith

Good save.

James Smith

And that's two!

James Smith

My goodness it's like watching us play giving one away in injury time, kept the excitement going though.

Terry Gibson's perm

I have only seen bits of the game and some of the ladies seem to have a bit of talent but every time I watched and the ball went to the number 9 she fell over it and it went out of play was it only the bits I saw or was she like that all game.

Users who are viewing this thread