Wolves away pubs (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

I assume people will be going to Birmingham before? Only one away pub which is a Premier Inn hotel bar.

Macca1987

Last time we went they put us in the Walkabout bar, away fans only, but when we got in there was no beer on draught, had to buy 2 bottles at a time and put them in 2 pint plastic pots. The city fans drank them dry of lager that day, went back in after the game and the only bottles they had left were strawberry cider yuck

edgy

Pathetic really. You'd have thought the police over there could be persuasive with a couple of boozers outside the city centre maybe. The venues would absolutely clean up and it would keep a proportion of the near 5k travelling over occupied. Even a local working mens club or similar - sure the usual 3 blokes and their 2 pints of mild in 4 hours wouldn't mind.

The devil makes work for idle hands, as they say.

Leaning towards a bag o' cans in a park (or Blue Brick Garden)

Bad Boy

Depends if you're going to be decked out in City colours?

If not then The Great Western at Corn Hill a few minutes walk from the railway station is a great pub and my personal favourite is The Combermere Arms in Chapel Ash a 10 minute walk from Mouldydew.

Last edited:

Skybluecol

4 trains landing within 20mins of each other......a lovely steady stream of City fans walking to the station

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240312_161714_Trainline.jpg
    Screenshot_20240312_161714_Trainline.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20240312_161732_Trainline.jpg
    Screenshot_20240312_161732_Trainline.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 51

pusbccfc

If not then The Great Western at Corn Hill a few minutes walk from the railway station is a great pub and my personal favourite is The Combermere Arms in Chapel Ash a 10 minute walk from Mouldydew.

They check tickets at most pubs apparently

Wolves_SkyBlue

Agree both cracking pubs

fernandopartridge

Yep, we turned up and literally had nowhere to go. Aimlessly wandering around trying to find somewhere to accept away fans.
I didn't get the train from Cov so was able to find a pub on my own, cracking little place in the city centre with decent ales. Seem to remember it was owned by a brewery from Stourbridge or somewhere like that.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Looking at the map it might have been the Lychgate Tavern I used last time I was there, thought it was decent

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Bad Boy

Reliably informed The Blue Brick situated at the old Wolverhampton lower level railway station, a 5 minute walk from the main station is the only pub for away fans in Wolver.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Last time we went they put us in the Walkabout bar, away fans only, but when we got in there was no beer on draught, had to buy 2 bottles at a time and put them in 2 pint plastic pots. The city fans drank them dry of lager that day, went back in after the game and the only bottles they had left were strawberry cider yuck

Still the same, if enough away fans turn up early doors they will turn into away only. Was the same in 2008/2009 and the last time we played there in 2013…. Where’s that attention seeker with the tent and benefits sticks when you need him.

Ashdown

All this fucking bullshit shouldn’t be happening….if we weren’t stuck with yet another crappy TV kick off, fans could have a decent full day out.

edgy

All this fucking bullshit shouldn’t be happening….if we weren’t stuck with yet another crappy TV kick off, fans could have a decent full day out.

Think we'd struggle for a "full day out" with the pathetic offering of one away "pub".

I can see the rozzers rounding everyone up at the station as the trains come in and marching everyone straight into the ground.

Skybluecol

Think we'd struggle for a "full day out" with the pathetic offering of one away "pub".

I can see the rozzers rounding everyone up at the station as the trains come in and marching everyone straight into the ground.

Not at 8am-9am in the morning they won't!

If you're on the 11am - 1130am trains (x4) then 100% guaranteed

Users who are viewing this thread