Match Thread Wolverhampton Wanderers - Coventry City [FA] Match Thread - Saturday 16th Mar (3 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Talking to a Wolves fan at work today who reckons it'll be tight either way.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

We can't play Palmer in a 352 against a quality side like wolves the midfield two will be completely overrun. He just doesn't cover the same amount of ground as O'Hare.

Think we’ll only see either if one of Wright and Simms don’t play. Reckon we’ll go 5311 or 532 rather than 3412

Covkid1968#

Haven’t received any tickets yet… only just given it any thought. I’m guessing they will land this week 🤞

Otis

STOP this negativity FFS , your all defeatists before a ball has been kicked .
3-1 win Simms
Surely there's a difference between a defeatist and a realist?

I am always positive and pretty much always think we have a chance. But that's not if we away at a Premier League team.

They should surely have too much for us and it's not even like we have been playing well lately.

If we are to have any chance at all, we need to bring our A game and hope for that of Wolves having an off day.

I believe we only have a slim chance of winning and don't see that as defeatist at all.

skybluecam

Collins
MVE Thomas Lati Kitching Bidwell
Eccles Sheaf
Palmer
Simms Wright

Palmer > O'Hare purely down to physicality, worried O'Hare will get crowded out whenever he gets the ball.

Tell Wright to drop in when we're defending. Simms will have to be ready for 90 mins of feeding off scraps and holding the ball up.

Hincha

Big game for O'Hare & maybe Sheaf as well.

Need to prove they can mix it with the prem teams if they want that move in the summer.

steve101

We can't play Palmer in a 352 against a quality side like wolves the midfield two will be completely overrun. He just doesn't cover the same amount of ground as O'Hare.

It would be interesting to see how much ground he covers compared to O'Hare over the last month. I am sure there is not that much in it. And if we are going to win it, we are going to need a bit of magic from somewhere. Without Sakamoto, Palmer is probably the next most capable.

fernandopartridge

It would be interesting to see how much ground he covers compared to O'Hare over the last month. I am sure there is not that much in it. And if we are going to win it, we are going to need a bit of magic from somewhere. Without Sakamoto, Palmer is probably the next most capable.
Palmer has never delivered anything against anybody half decent. O'Hare on the other hand scored two to bury Leicester. It's not even a contest as to who is the best man to play at Wolves.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

It’s our biggest game since the play off final 10 months ago, it’s as big a game for them as it is us.
It's already started

"Coventry will be a lot tougher than people think, they will be well up for it."

Yep, doing well in the league and their biggest match in a generation. Will be a massive challenge.

It seems 4/5 of our games this year have been out biggest game of a generation.

Cue Wolves, another insecure Midlands fan base that needs to self massage their ego that they’re a big deal. If they’re that much of a big club on par with European Giants (in their own minds) why do they need to blow their own trumpet? Ahh because nobody else will.

The Play Off final was and is still a far bigger game to us. Even if we were playing against the delusional freaks in the FA Cup Final, the Play Off Final would be bigger for most of us.

This is just a day out on the piss. Even if we win, we get the ‘prize’ of going to Wembley for the 4th time in 6 years and getting pumped by City or Liverpool.

After being at Wembley to watch us lose at both the PO final and Euro 2020 on penalties, I really couldn’t be less fucked about going to Wembley - unless it’s the PO Final. If we make it past these shitrags, I’m happy to pass on my ticket at face for any Wembley Semi Final.

Grendel

Palmer delivers only against weak opposition.

At tve start of the season as a 10 there were gaps between the midfield - he hasn’t got the stamina

He’s scored one goal in 30 league games and has only scored in 4 league games in 54 - assists also are lacking

He would never be capable of the type of performance O Hare delivered against Leicester

pusbccfc

Cue Wolves, another insecure Midlands fan base that needs to self massage their ego that they’re a big deal. If they’re that much of a big club on par with European Giants (in their own minds) why do they need to blow their own trumpet? Ahh because nobody else will.

The Play Off final was and is still a far bigger game to us. Even if we were playing against the delusional freaks in the FA Cup Final, the Play Off Final would be bigger for most of us.

This is just a day out on the piss. Even if we win, we get the ‘prize’ of going to Wembley for the 4th time in 6 years and getting pumped by City or Liverpool.

After being at Wembley to watch us lose at both the PO final and Euro 2020 on penalties, I really couldn’t be less fucked about going to Wembley - unless it’s the PO Final. If we make it past these shitrags, I’m happy to pass on my ticket at face for any Wembley Semi Final.

Wembley would be great for a semi final. It would be a free hit and a day on the beers

olderskyblue

For all those going to the game, M6 junction 10 slip road closed all weekend….

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

He's their joint top scorer with 4 goals in a seriously struggling team. Easily premiership standard
I’m not saying Hamer is not necessarily a prem player - just saying he’s struggling. He has more tools in his arsenal

Sheaf Is cracking DM but you need more attributes to be a prem midfielder. I’d say we struggled early season because we lost Hamer’s creativity. Something that Sheaf needs to add

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Please can we call Manchester City, Manchester City or Man City.

Levship20

I’m not saying Hamer is not necessarily a prem player - just saying he’s struggling. He has more tools in his arsenal

Sheaf Is cracking DM but you need more attributes to be a prem midfielder. I’d say we struggled early season because we lost Hamer’s creativity. Something that Sheaf needs to add
I agree on this, I think Hamer is finding the Prem difficult along with his team mates, irrespective if he has 4 goals, you could easily add 10 to that if he was playing in the Championship. There is a large gap between championship and the Prem in terms of players ability and just watching Chelsea Newcastle last night, you could see the pace of the game was something any player stepping up would find it difficult to adapt. I say the same about O’Hare who has the ability but seriously lacks pace. Sheaf has a bit more ability and doesn’t have to run himself silly as he knows where to position himself, but will still find the transition a big and difficult change.

Old Warwickshire lad

Surely there's a difference between a defeatist and a realist?

I am always positive and pretty much always think we have a chance. But that's not if we away at a Premier League team.

They should surely have too much for us and it's not even like we have been playing well lately.

If we are to have any chance at all, we need to bring our A game and hope for that of Wolves having an off day.

I believe we only have a slim chance of winning and don't see that as defeatist at all.
Of course there is. If you were forced to bet your house on the result, you would bet on Wolves.
As Coventry fans we are hoping for an against the odds win.

Robinshio

and if we were so confident of losing wolves are 8/13 at the bookies to win in 90 minutes - so not so short if you are convinced we will lose

Boicey

Bizarre take that
He is a bit patchy but generally does quite well in an average championship side. He has had few injuries this season.
It’s bizarre to think there’s a queue of premiership sides lining up tbh with so much good competition.

That said he has the calmness and leadership qualities that may see him develop enough in the next year or two.

HerneBayGaz

😲

Users who are viewing this thread