With the current squad where so you think we should be in the league.... (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

My own opinion is 3rd from bottom and anything above that is an awesome achievement
Bearing in mind sales from the squad over the last few years, the lack of replacements and the high volume of young players.

CUS Wyken

Considering we've dropped 21 points from leading positions i think we should be mid-table.

Over 10 points dropped in last 5 mins of games speaks volumes

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Considering we've dropped 21 points from leading positions i think we should be mid-table.

Over 10 points dropped in last 5 mins of games speaks volumes

I'm sorry Wyken, but that's ridiculous. On what assertion should we be mid-table? Our wage structure is in the bottom three. We're running on shoestring budgets with a part-time fitness coach we share with a rugby team and a university, we are playing more kids, more often, in more positions than any other team.

Yes, we concede games late. But is that against more experienced clubs, with a stronger bench of experienced pros - who are likely to be better conditioned with their full-time coaches and dieticians.

We don't have the squad to be mid-table, we don't have the starting 11 to be mid-table and we don't have the back-room of a mid-table club. Bar that, I fully understand where you're coming from :thinking about:

ICHAN

Another thorn is this that and the other thread by dongonzalos :facepalm:
I am all for opinion's on matters but is this not just another way of getting the forum into another thorn slanging match?

ashbyjan

I would expect us to be mid to lower in the table - where we are is no great surprise but I honestly believe w should be capable of staying up with some better organisation and team spirit

CovLis86

We've dropped so many points, even if we drew them rather than a loss, we could be 16th in my opinion. not totally comfortable, but enough to stay up and not be embarrased at least.

dongonzalos

Another thorn is this that and the other thread by dongonzalos :facepalm:
I am all for opinion's on matters but is this not just another way of getting the forum into another thorn slanging match?

Sorry I thought I asked with the current squad where do you think we should finish :pimp:

ICHAN

Struggling granted but not this bad.

To have a team that shows no passion or fighting spirit knowing the predicament we are in is not accepatable.

We have had teams in the past that were not the greatest but they showed fight and determination.

So as an answer to your question out of the bottom 3 and in and around mid to bottom half of the table.

I have no problem with your question dongonzalos but we know where this will go seeing as passions run so high on the AT topic at the moment unfortunatly

CUS Wyken

I'm sorry Wyken, but that's ridiculous. On what assertion should we be mid-table? Our wage structure is in the bottom three. We're running on shoestring budgets with a part-time fitness coach we share with a rugby team and a university, we are playing more kids, more often, in more positions than any other team.

Yes, we concede games late. But is that against more experienced clubs, with a stronger bench of experienced pros - who are likely to be better conditioned with their full-time coaches and dieticians.

We don't have the squad to be mid-table, we don't have the starting 11 to be mid-table and we don't have the back-room of a mid-table club. Bar that, I fully understand where you're coming from :thinking about:

If we struggled every week home/away id understand but we have not won away all season, only scored 7 goals in 16 games yet still not bottom and before Saturday we could have been out the bottom 3 if we turned up.

The players are not as bad as many including yourself reckon they are.

The reason we dropped so many points is not because of other teams but because we let other teams in with daft mistakes. For example Blackpool who had a far superior bench only got the equaliser because HH was injured yet he still carried on playing.

Look at the bigger picture not look at the ‘strength’ of other teams. Leicester have spent 10m and have the massive wage budget but only mid table. If it was all crystal clear according to you then Leicester would 10 points clear?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

You point to one mistake by HH Wyken, but ignore all those made by players who really are too young for us to be as reliant upon as we are. Those players are an inherent part of our squad and were using them more frequently, in more positions than anyone else. No other team is as reliant on untested youth - and that is why we are where we are.

Ally that to the fact that with regards senior players, we are amongst the lowest payers in the league - and therefore can't attract a better quality of player to compliment our fledgling youngsters - and there's your perfect storm.

Yes Thorn's inexperience makes worse all of this; but as I have stated before - to expect him to do better is to expect, not hope, but expect he can over-achieve.

Yes, you can hope he can summon sufficient to over-achieve. You shouldn't expect it

stupot07

I thought we would be in the bottom 3 before the season started. Not enough goals or quality in the final third.

Users who are viewing this thread