Wish Keogh ATB - wish he hadn,t gone to the Rams (1 Viewer)

pauljdh

I live in Derbyshire - the Keogh move is all over the local papers and radio up here - they're all chuffed with the deal, Im sure Ill be hearing lots about him up here, bit like seeing youre ex out with another bloke....

heres a link to the Derby Evening telegraph:

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/New-defender-Richard-Keogh-8217-s-tribute-Sky/story-16574144-detail/story.htmlhttp://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/New-defender-Richard-Keogh-8217-s-tribute-Sky/story-16574144-detail/story.html

Left on best of terms so wish him well

PUSB

Danceswithhorses

I have an old Derby supporting schoolmate, who i havent seen or heard from in ages. He's a smug b'stard at the best of times. I expect a call/text shortly to rub my nose in it.....why did Keogh have to go to Derby ??

Last edited:

Astute

They are not all smug. I have friends in Derby. One of them called me last night. Most of them don't know a lot about him. They recently sold a decent defender, and saw it as a way of releasing funds for team strengthening and have spent about the same bringing in another defender.

Asked him about Ball. Good potential. Thinks he will get a fair few goals for us. Has got a good strong shot on him, very accurate with shooting, normally wins the ball in the air and is a tryer. Downsides are needs to lose a little weight as is not the quickest, needs to work on heading the ball and could be better spacially aware. The fans are happy he says for him to go out on loan, but they want him back. Says a season with us will make him a better player.

RichieGunns

They are not all smug. I have friends in Derby. One of them called me last night. Most of them don't know a lot about him. They recently sold a decent defender, and saw it as a way of releasing funds for team strengthening and have spent about the same bringing in another defender.

Asked him about Ball. Good potential. Thinks he will get a fair few goals for us. Has got a good strong shot on him, very accurate with shooting, normally wins the ball in the air and is a tryer. Downsides are needs to lose a little weight as is not the quickest, needs to work on heading the ball and could be better spacially aware. The fans are happy he says for him to go out on loan, but they want him back. Says a season with us will make him a better player.

Sounds promising then! Of course all player are going to have some downsides and its resonable that a young lad like him has room to improve.

We've shown we know how to develop young lads at our academy. He'll do good with Thorns tutorlidge and im sure Gregor Rioch will also have some imput...

Of course we'll only know once the seasons started and the 10 game mark has been reached.

I hope when we do hit that mark, we're already on a flyer and leaving the rest of the league behind in our dust trail

Last edited:

hamil99

Facebook User
Sounds promising then! Of course all player are going to have some downsides and its resonable that a young lad like him has room to improve.

We've shown we know how to develop young lads at our academy. He'll do good with Thorns tutorlidge and im sure Gregor Rioch will also have some imput...

Of course we'll only know once the seasons started and the 10 game mark has been reached.

I hope when we do hit that mark, we're already on a flyer and leaving the rest of the league behind in our dust trail

10 games, should be an easy 30 points, no? Lol.

RichieGunns

10 games, should be an easy 30 points, no? Lol.

Hmm let me think...realisticly?

Right, based on our first ten games in order:

Yeovil - Win
Sheffield United - Draw/Lose
Bury - Win
Crewe - Win/Draw/Lose (Promoted from League 2 via playoffs...considered an unknown quantity)
Stevenage - Win/Draw
Tranmere - Win
Shrewsbury - Win/Draw/Lose (Promoted from League 2 via Automatic...considered an unknown quantity)
Carlisle - Win/Draw
Oldham - Win
MK Dons - Draw/Lose

I've based this off where the teams finished last seaon. I haven't got the time to go through their respective sites looking at their teams etc. Based on this rough estimate (Guess even) we could either be looking at:

26 points (8 Wins, 2 Draws & 0 Loses)
Or
16 points (4 wins, 4 Draws & 2 Loses)
Or
14 points (4 wins, 2 Draws & 4 Loses) - This is based on Crewe and Shrewsbury beating us...

Anyone think these are fair estimates? Obviously this is based on our team being as good as it seems it might be so i'd be more inclined to go with the 16 points than the 26 or the 14.

Again this is just a guess so don't quote me on it lol (Waiting for someone to quote this post lol)

Last edited:

Astute

If our team plays like a close team from the start and our players play to their potential we could get a great start. If luck goes against us then......

MK Dons.....draw/defeat........we should go into every game knowing we can win. We will lose some games. Every team hovever good they are have bad results during a season. But are you telling me they shouldn't lose to us?

hamil99

Facebook User
We hav to score higher than 15 points every 10 games to make the automatic promotion position, which I believe should be our goal, realistically we hav to score 16 points or more!

Astute

We hav to score higher than 15 points every 10 games to make the automatic promotion position, which I believe should be our goal, realistically we hav to score 16 points or more!

1 win every 2 games plus occasional draw? We should easily do that, but will need a bit more than that to finish in the top 2. Last season 3rd place was 90 points. 30 wins from 46 games. 2 wins each 3 games came 3rd :eek:
1st 101
2nd 93
3rd 90
4th 81
5th 80
6th 73
7th 73

16 points per 10 games = 1.6 points a game. 46 games a season x 1.6 points = 73.6 which might be enough to scrape the playoffs :whistle:

hamil99

Facebook User
1 win every 2 games plus occasional draw? We should easily do that, but will need a bit more than that to finish in the top 2. Last season 3rd place was 90 points. 30 wins from 46 games. 2 wins each 3 games came 3rd :eek:
1st 101
2nd 93
3rd 90
4th 81
5th 80
6th 73
7th 73

16 points per 10 games = 1.6 points a game. 46 games a season x 1.6 points = 73.6 which might be enough to scrape the playoffs :whistle:

I hadn't done the research or the math and was purly guestimating, but that shows we can't afford a slip up this season, we need to start winning pronto and continue it through out the whole season.. definitely won't be easy that's for sure!

Astute

Solid home form needed, then picking points up away from home is a must.

Out of the top 6 clubs last season the most games any of them lost was 10. Now if you think that each club played the other top 6 clubs 10 times..........

There is a gulf between the top teams and bottom teams. If we are near the top the season will be fun. If not.......

Users who are viewing this thread