Winter Is Okay ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Been forecasted a cold blast on the way and a harsh winter. I actually like cold weather even though I lose days of work. As a kid I was out in the snow playing football etc, and as an adult like walking in icy conditions and getting outside when possible. But many hate winter, and hibernate. So are you looking forward to it, or hiding away ?

clint van damme

Been forecasted a cold blast on the way and a harsh winter. I actually like cold weather even though I lose days of work. As a kid I was out in the snow playing football etc, and as an adult like walking in icy conditions and getting outside when possible. But many hate winter, and hibernate. So are you looking forward to it, or hiding away ?

By the time winter comes around I'm ready for it and quite look forward to it but by the end of February I'm looking forward to warmer weather and brighter nights so the seasons work out OK for me.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Loved it as a kid, hate it as an adult if I have to get to work, kid to nursery etc!
If everything’s closed and we’re all at home I’m fine with it!

Otis

As you get older you get to be more of a pussy.

Spring and autumn for me now. Summer's too hot and winter's too cold.

If I could regulate the temperature of the world, I would set the themostat for a static 19°.

bringbackrattles

As you get older you get to be more of a pussy.

Spring and autumn for me now. Summer's too hot and winter's too cold.

If I could regulate the temperature of the world, I would set the themostat for a static 19°.
We grew up with harsh winters if you recall ? It was the norm. Things carried on as normal, but now it's a crisis when the temperature drops and we get 2 inches of snow !

fellatio_Martinez

I was in Mexico in August. Roasted my bollocks off and as nice as it was there's nothing like breathing in ice cold air of a frosty morn.

As someone previously said, each season gets boring after a while. A change is welcomed.

Nick

Administrator
I don't mind it being cold. It's the ice and snow that does my head in.

Last few years have had the odd days where there isn't much chance of getting anywhere in the car safely :(

Otis

I don't mind it being cold. It's the ice and snow that does my head in.

Last few years have had the odd days where there isn't much chance of getting anywhere in the car safely :(
I think cold and ice and snow pretty much go together don't they?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Don't like the winter but it helps you appreciate the summer more. It's the dark and wet more than the cold that gets to me though.

Marty

I prefer warmer climates, a good 25 degrees all year would be perfect.

Otis

I don't mind the cold if the sun is shining.

Been to Denver twice and they get 300 days of sunshine a year, so even if it's zero or minus 1 or 2, it's still warm in the sun.

Used to love that there.

Mcbean

be better when we can use the underfloor heating in my kitchen - friggin freezing on the new tile floor - waiting for the plumber to come back and commission
Has been generally dry so far and only two dumpings of salt

richnrg

be better when we can use the underfloor heating in my kitchen - friggin freezing on the new tile floor - waiting for the plumber to come back and commission
Has been generally dry so far and only two dumpings of salt
you should consider a change of diet

Ashdown

I must be in the minority, I hate the long dark winter months.........but then I do get a few hereditary joint issues flare up when its colder, so can suffer a bit of pain. Love the Spring when everything is coming back to life and September can be a lovely month too but I'd take long sunny days over cold dark ones thanks.

Otis

I must be in the minority, I hate the long dark winter months.........but then I do get a few hereditary joint issues flare up when its colder, so can suffer a bit of pain. Love the Spring when everything is coming back to life and September can be a lovely month too but I'd take long sunny days over cold dark ones thanks.
Yeah, good point. Forgot about that. I get a touch of arthritis in my right knee and in my fingers in cold and wet weather, so you can stuff your crisp winter mornings up your arse.

Users who are viewing this thread