Winning Ugly v Man Utd beats a jolly nice day out playing pretty football and losing (1 Viewer)

messiahrobins

Its all very well people looking forward to a jolly day out, but this is professional sport where it is the winning that counts. God forbid it happens but if the players put in the sort of performance they did in first half v Luton last year at Wembley (granted it was a different team entirely) and we are too open and try and fuck around with the ball in our own half looking pretty then there is a significant risk we get absolutely taken to the cleaners and if that happened does it risk undoing much of the brilliant work done this season as morale wise getting embarrassed in such a widely watched match will be devastating for the players.
To that end do we the fans have a duty to talk less about a good day out and try and get it across its the winning that counts however thats done, so all the dark arts are fair game and winning ugly is in fact beautiful, as realistically if we are going to win this, we need to turn it into the ugliest scrap we can and frustrate the mentally suspect man utd players.
If we were to lose id rather lose by an odd goal where the match is a shit spectacle but we roughed them up and competed, then get all the patronising plaudits for playing pretty passing football but losing 4-0. I think the players would take more into next season if its a competitive scoreline

baldy

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

Bosworth Blue

Can’t wait for us to lose 5-0 and the usual losers will be back with the ‘so proud of the lads’ and ‘it was a brilliant day out’

Bosworth Blue

Who said anything about flares? Fuck me we're playing Man United, they should roll us over without any issues whatsoever on paper I won't be slashing my wrists if we get beat

Neither will I. I fully expect us to lose. Doesn’t mean I’ll be happy about it.

Also slashing wrists is not something you should really joke about. Treat people with kindness buddy

alexccfc99

Neither will I. I fully expect us to lose. Doesn’t mean I’ll be happy about it.

Also slashing wrists is not something you should really joke about. Treat people with kindness buddy
Complete figure of speech, just like I don't carry flares to the football

Users who are viewing this thread