Wingers (1 Viewer)

sky_blue_up_north

Remember porky John Robinson from Forest, no pace what so ever. He did what all wingers should do, beat the full back, cross the ball, simple.

Mucca Mad Boys

Also I don't remember Italy playing diamond, they played a 5-3-2 with wing backs didn't they?

They played the diamond, Pirlo infront of the back 4, De Rossi + Marchiso at RCM + LCM, two CMs who can put in a tackle to protect Abate + Balzeratti when defending with Montolievo (spelling) heading the diamond, every game bar their first game v Spain when they played 3-5-2 with De Rossi as sweeper.

theprince

Remember porky John Robinson from Forest, no pace what so ever. He did what all wingers should do, beat the full back, cross the ball, simple.
John Robertson was deceptive and pretty quick over ten yards, would never win a sprint what he had though was build, most wingers are slight but he could plough through full backs and he had trenmendous close skill.

Gint11

Our play really lacks some proper width and wing play.

I thought I would go down memory lane and look at our best ever wingers to wear the sky blue shirt...

I will start:

RUNAR NORMANN :pimp:

In my eyes, a successful team tends to have a solid back 4, a creative midfielder, good pacey wingers and a 20+ goalscorer. Oh look we dont have any of that. We desperately need wingers. Wingers that want to take on the defender all the time, whip balls in, be a pest and score goals.

Stevec189

Tommy Hutch obviously but also some others not mentioned like Ray Graydon and Steve Hunt and John Beck. Kevin Gallagher was a winger at times as well. Oh for a bit of pace in today's team!

PUSB

singers_pore

Ronnie Rees, Tommy Hutch, Steve Hunt, David Bennett - all top wingers in my book. It's fair to say we haven't had many good ones.

Users who are viewing this thread