Wingers ? (1 Viewer)

theprince

Watched the Chelsea game last night and have to say what a good player Eden Hazard looks, has to be at 32 million i suppose. But it shows what good direct wingers bring to a team. All the best teams i have seen here have all had 2 wingers who are comfortable on the ball, pacey and give width. I was lucky to have seen Humphries/Rees, Key/Rees, Graydon/Hutchison, Bennett/Pickering who were in the better sides we have had here in my time. When is the last time we have had 2 direct wingers running at teams, frightens the opposition to death. Thorn hasn't got one and never seems to be linked with any, one of the so-called modern managers who wants players to be able defend first. Get 2 decent direct wingers in this division and you will be at the top.

Marty

Said all summer with need to spend as little as possible on a solid core of league one players, and spend the cash on two wingers and a big front man.

We looked so narrow in the middle of the park on tuesday night and it was a situation made worse by Hussey & Brown not providing a regular overlap, it's an area that certainly needs addressing.

Users who are viewing this thread