Wingers, Pace and Corners (1 Viewer)

Tomh111

I think these are 3 major issues that need solving, we have only 2, 3 at a push, wingers in the squad: Bell, Sheffers and Baker (maybe). Meaning we cant play any formation that isn't the narrow diamond and try and drag the play wider. Meaning teams can blitz past us down the channels.

Pace (may come in the form of wingers for most sides) but up front as well we seem to not be quick enough to pose a constant threat when running with the ball. In this league the players may not be gifted technically but they do seem to be quick and big making them constantly a threat.

Corners, I cant remember the last corner we scored from? Last weeks free kick was wonderfully crafted and we scored from it, yet I dont see how it is being translated to corners? How can we have 14 in a match and not score one?

skybluejack10

we nearly scored one today and had 1 cleared off the line the other day so i wouldn't say were no good at attacking corners this season
our pitch has been narrowed, probably to suit our diamond formation, but i agree we need more pace

pusbccfc

The Corners Baker took were class today, as were his of last week.
Husseys were awful!

skybluegod

we need pace to break, not slagging of jennings as he had a good game but when he got the ball and ran with it he didn't get to the halfway line before he was tackled where as if we had someone with pace we could have had a few good counters.

Tomh111

I had forgotten about Tuesday nights corner, but I still think that our corners should be a lot lot more threatening than they are.
The last player with pace, genuine scary pace, was Mifsud. And yes off the pitch he was a twat and when not played up front he was shite, but when he was up front with the ball at his feet defenders would shit themselves.

skybluegod

I had forgotten about Tuesday nights corner, but I still think that our corners should be a lot lot more threatening than they are.
The last player with pace, genuine scary pace, was Mifsud. And yes off the pitch he was a twat and when not played up front he was shite, but when he was up front with the ball at his feet defenders would shit themselves.

nimley was class when he got into his stride

Users who are viewing this thread