Wingbacks (1 Viewer)

Martin180

Would the players we have at our disposal be better suited to a back 3 and 2 wingbacks?

Christie or Clarke -- Wood Malaga Edge -- Hussey or Kilbane

Diehard Si

Problem is its then 3 of the midfielders only and our midfield is probably our strongest area, players wise.

Martin180

Problem is its then 3 of the midfielders only and our midfield is probably our strongest area, players wise.
Maybe but we lack real width and if the midfield three were Barton , Jennings and Baker/Thomas the we dont miss out too much .

Just feel our fullbacks are better going forwards than defending so it could play to their strengths

stupot07

I wouldn't mind trying that formation, but although I'm not sure it would give us that much more width as our two full backs are our width in the diamond. What it would do is give some protection at the back, however of you played with 3 CB's and Jennings sitting I don't think it will add anything.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I wouldn't mind trying that formation, but although I'm not sure it would give us that much more width as our two full backs are our width in the diamond. What it would do is give some protection at the back, however of you played with 3 CB's and Jennings sitting I don't think it will add anything.
Depends how high we could get the wing backs up the pitch, if we could get them into the byline often it would be good

kg82

Don't think it would do any harm trying it out. But it should be competitions like tonight that we test it out in.

Users who are viewing this thread