Win Saturday and its top six! (1 Viewer)

skybluesteve76

With Yeovil losing at home last night the playoffs are in sight once again!
Will we bottle it or will we grasp the opportunity with both hands?

I'm not sure we are playing well enough to win at Portsmouth, but if we do, what a great opportunity to get in the playoffs and stay there!

Will whatever happens on Friday have a positive or negative effect, depending on the outcome???

Simply the best
Better than all the rest

pusbccfc

Sadly it might not matter as soon we'll be dropping 10 points :(

WillieStanley

Should we enter administration on Friday, it's certainly going to have a negative effect. "All that work for nothing". If there's a delay on administration then this bunch of players seem to have it about them to push on. I think we'll miss Baker immensely but hopefully Bell will pick up where he left off. I have a lot of confidence.

@richh87

I can't see admin happening on Friday, although I'd kind of like it to so we can rid this club of SISU

torchomatic

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Bell must play, scored in FA cup when Portsmouth were still in Prem in 2010.

I can see this being a very hard game for Coventry despite Pompey being bottom and certain for relegation.

I would take a draw if offered it now.

shropshirecov

I wouldn't take a draw in this league as long as I've got a hole in my arse....and we're playing the worst team in the division

Flying Fokker

We need a win. It is a do or die situation in this league. 15 clubs in the mix. Anything could happen now.

Pity the off field stuff has sullied this opportunity even though our season on the field has been a bit disjointed.

covmark

I am worried about this game, when we have been within touching distance of the top six before this season we have fucked it up with a piss poor result. Hopefully this time will be different. PUSB

Otis

A 10 point penalty levied on Friday will probably result in 3 points lost on Saturday.

Can hardly blame the players if they take thee foot off the gas a little knowing that they will be no longer able to achieve anything this season.

lordsummerisle

I'm not sure we are playing well enough to win at Portsmouth, but if we do, what a great opportunity to get in the playoffs and stay there!

Will whatever happens on Friday have a positive or negative effect, depending on the outcome???

Simply the best
Better than all the rest

It's top 6 if we win and Yeovil don't get a result as well you mean?

Could be 11th if we lose and Walsall, Leyton Orient and Notts County win.

Last edited:

skyblueman

A 10 point penalty levied on Friday will probably result in 3 points lost on Saturday.

Can hardly blame the players if they take thee foot off the gas a little knowing that they will be no longer able to achieve anything this season.

Not so sure - I imagine there must be a decent bonus in all the players contracts if the club were to gain promotion - if that opportunity to get that bonus was removed solely by actions of the management because of a 10 point deduction that's going to throw up some more problems for the club - wouldn't they sue the club - I would.

Besides everyone must now be playing for their careers and the size of their next wage packet so it's a big shop window - either the club goes and they have to move on or they want to retain their place in the eyes of the manager

kg82

I am worried about this game, when we have been within touching distance of the top six before this season we have fucked it up with a piss poor result. Hopefully this time will be different. PUSB

Exactly. I haven't seen Cov win any high pressure games since we got relegated from the Prem, I don't think.

sky_blue_up_north

I cannot see anything happening on Friday other that SISU delaying tactics. I have an horrid feeling this is going to drag on, and we'll be in playoffs and get the 10 points deducted then :(

Tank Top

I think we are sorely depleted by the loss of Baker and Clarke, and our attack now looks Lightweight and one dimentional, Cody will give it an honest go, but if he gets Isolated, he's in for a hard, bruising afternoon, but you wouldn't want to rule us out given our amazing away form.

covcity4life

sisu must avoid admin, we cannot allow this game to become meaningless

win and we could be top 6, beat donny after and autos are on for frik sake!!!!!!!!!!!

we have worked so hard to make this season end exciting, acl can go rot

lordsummerisle

Not really. Better goal difference!
There's always a glass half empty reply!

Simply the best
Better than all the rest

If we win and Yeovil draw the best we will be is 7th.

Saying that if we win that we will be top 6 is dependent on other results, as us possibly being 11th is.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not so sure - I imagine there must be a decent bonus in all the players contracts if the club were to gain promotion - if that opportunity to get that bonus was removed solely by actions of the management because of a 10 point deduction that's going to throw up some more problems for the club - wouldn't they sue the club - I would.

Besides everyone must now be playing for their careers and the size of their next wage packet so it's a big shop window - either the club goes and they have to move on or they want to retain their place in the eyes of the manager

It would just be too much to catch up at this stage in the game-though had we not given 31 points away from winning positions we could have the deduction and still win the league.

Brighton Sky Blue

Helped you out there

I forgot it was they who initiated a rent boycott rather than negotiate. Nasty ACL, cutting the rent by £900k, giving us F+B profits and offering to sign over the total revenues for FFP purposes.

How dare they make such concessions.

lordsummerisle

I forgot it was they who initiated a rent boycott rather than negotiate. Nasty ACL, cutting the rent by £900k, giving us F+B profits and offering to sign over the total revenues for FFP purposes.

To be fair, they should be able to afford to if you read the construction report.

torchomatic

ccfc92

How is that half empty? Realistic I'd say. Walsall and orient are level on points, notts 3 points behind with 2 less GD. So if all 3 win, at Notts win by 2 or more, we go down to 11th? Yeovil AND Tranmere need to lose for us to go 6th.

lordsummerisle

How is that half empty? Realistic I'd say. Walsall and orient are level on points, notts 3 points behind with 2 less GD. So if all 3 win, at Notts win by 2 or more, we go down to 11th? Yeovil AND Tranmere need to lose for us to go 6th.

I left out Tranmere because they're playing Sunday, so even if we did make it, could be very short-lived!

covcity4life

didnt they charge millions for f/b revenue? and 400k still too much,whats point of lowering rent if its still not enough to help resolve a problem?

!i need 100 quid to achieve world peace!

"no,heres 90.00"

skybluelee

Simply the best
Better than all the rest

Not playing well enough - have you seen our away form?

Playing well enough to win at Bmth bury and scunthorpe in our last 3 away games.

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread