Wimbledon (3 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Really looking forward to the competition this year.

Big Murray fan myself (mainly due to the fact he's the only challenging Brit each year).

Anyone else a fan of his, or can't stand him?

SkyBlueHomer

Like to see all Brits do well.

You ever been? Not a huge fan of tennis myself but took the other half down there last year for her birthday on the opening day with seats on court 3 all day

Murray has got it tough this year with the route he's gotta take to the final, but he proved last year he can get there. Lets hope he can take the final step this year. Would quite like to see Laura Robson and Heather Watson so well again this year. Up the Brits!

pusbccfc

Like to see all Brits do well.

You ever been? Not a huge fan of tennis myself but took the other half down there last year for her birthday on the opening day with seats on court 3 all day

Sadly never been Wimbledon, but went to last years Queens.

pusbccfc

Murray has got it tough this year with the route he's gotta take to the final, but he proved last year he can get there. Lets hope he can take the final step this year. Would quite like to see Laura Robson and Heather Watson so well again this year. Up the Brits!

Don't get me started on Laura Robson, stunner! :D

Brighton Sky Blue

Nothing to do with his nationality, Andy Murray is one of the dullest and most dour personalities in sport. Obviously would be nice to see him break Britain's 70 year duck but he doesn't make it easy to support him!

SkyBlueHomer

Sadly never been Wimbledon, but went to last years Queens.

We went through Newmarket holidays. Check them out online obviously too late for this year but had hotel overnight, return transfer from hotel to Wimbledon & all day tickets court 3.
Good day out, better & easier than the lottery of going through Wimbledon themselves to get tickets

Hugh Jarse

Not a great tennis fan, even less of a Murray fan.

From a nationalistic point of view, Murray went down the toilet when he didn't want to be called British but Scottish all those years ago, long memory me. I hope he makes it to the final and loses again! :jerkit:

Robccfc87

Not a great tennis fan, even less of a Murray fan.

From a nationalistic point of view, Murray went down the toilet when he didn't want to be called British but Scottish all those years ago, long memory me. I hope he makes it to the final and loses again! :jerkit:
When did he say that then?

Sick Boy

He said he would support anyone playing England in football, so a lot of morons got angry about it. It is not as though English fans start supporting Scotland when they are playing.

Robccfc87

He said he would support anyone playing England in football, so a lot of morons got angry about it. It is not as though English fans start supporting Scotland when they are playing.

Quite, the actual truth was that Tim henman was doing an interview with his good friend Andy Murray and teased him about Scotland not qualifying so Andy said he would support whoever England were playing.
Nothing about hating England, nothing about not wanting to represent Britain, just banter between mates.
Unfortunately the singleminded sheep of this country then wanted Murray hung drawn and quartered without knowing the facts as witnessed above.
Rant over!!! I'm a big Tennis, Murray and truth fan!!!

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair if you've ever been to Scotland you'll know it's full of people with chips on their shoulders who will support such teams more fervently than their own.

CCFC88

Totally agree Robbo, big Murray fan, his comments on England in the World cup were purely tongue in cheek and totally misreported in 90% of the british press.

People say he is dull and dour but can anyone actually name a sports person who does show a personality when competing these days and has been as successful as he has? It would have been so easy for him to just be the British no1 and hover around the world top 8-16, go out on the lash and act like a footballer throughout his career but his desire and drive to actually win something of international creditability stifles that.

Name the last british "personality" in sport that won anything of any significance. The closest I have is Ronnie O'S but lets be honest Snooker is a world away from high quality sporting "athletes".

CCFC88

I was at Wimbledon on Monday and watched Nadal lose, so glad to see that arrogant spik have his arse handed to him

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Totally agree Robbo, big Murray fan, his comments on England in the World cup were purely tongue in cheek and totally misreported in 90% of the british press.

People say he is dull and dour but can anyone actually name a sports person who does show a personality when competing these days and has been as successful as he has? It would have been so easy for him to just be the British no1 and hover around the world top 8-16, go out on the lash and act like a footballer throughout his career but his desire and drive to actually win something of international creditability stifles that.

Name the last british "personality" in sport that won anything of any significance. The closest I have is Ronnie O'S but lets be honest Snooker is a world away from high quality sporting "athletes".

er........ Lewis Hamilton? World Grand Prix Champion?

Houchens Head

Robert Fulford,World Croquet Champion! (true)

Houchens Head

A World Champion nonetheless. Where does it say in the rules that someone has to have a bubbly / wacky / happy personality to be a World Champion? And YOU mention Ronnie O'Sullivan! The most miserable git in ANY sport! Ha!

wingy

Bradley Wiggins. Is he turning into some miserable Prima Donna ?

Is he genuinely injured ,or having a Blair moment where he won't pass the batten as agreed before the Team worked for him to ensure he was top dog last year?

CCFC88

You'd rather go out on the piss with Lewis Hamilton over Ronnie OS?

Did you think we were just playing name the world champion, can you read?

Houchens Head

You'd rather go out on the piss with Lewis Hamilton over Ronnie OS?

Did you think we were just playing name the world champion, can you read?

As with all threads, mate, they get drifted off-track. Incidentally, the title of this tread reads "WIMBLEDON". So what are you trying to say? :thinking about:

Houchens Head

........and I was answering his question which was: "Name the last british "personality" in sport that won anything of any significance. The closest I have is Ronnie O'S but lets be honest Snooker is a world away from high quality sporting "athletes".
How simple a question is THAT. I answered it! End of!

Robccfc87

........and I was answering his question which was: "Name the last british "personality" in sport that won anything of any significance. The closest I have is Ronnie O'S but lets be honest Snooker is a world away from high quality sporting "athletes".
How simple a question is THAT. I answered it! End of!
Define "personality" in the context of the most part of this thread?

ajsccfc

Lewis Hamilton seems a very interesting and intelligent guy in interviews. He's not much of a personality on the 'weeeeeey banter!!!!' scale, but who wants that?

It's the same with Murray; he's got a reputation as being dour and miserable, but in anything where he doesn't have a thousand microphones pointing at him asking the same old questions he's engaging and self-aware.

Houchens Head

Bollocks! Are you his boyfriend or something? Who the fuck are you to demand I answer to you!

Robccfc87

It's a debate on a forum sweetheart, if you don't like it don't comment. I simply wanted to know what you meant before I made an ill judged comment that would have been contrary to your opinion. How simple is THAT? End of.

Users who are viewing this thread