Wilson V Collins (1 Viewer)

harvey098

Would seem incredibly harsh after the season Wilson has just had for him not to start as no.1, if fit.

We all know MR can be ruthless though if he thinks Collins is the better option.

Hobo

I wasn't particularly impressed by Collins yesterday. But I am not going to judge anyone on one pre season friendly.

Players always need games at this time of year and we have a number of new faces who have barely had time to train together.

Pre season is the time to make mistakes and shake the rust out of your legs.

ccfcchris

I wasn't particularly impressed by Collins yesterday. But I am not going to judge anyone on one pre season friendly.

Players always need games at this time of year and we have a number of new faces who have barely had time to train together.

Pre season is the time to make mistakes and shake the rust out of your legs.
I agree with that. I do feel he needs to reign it in a bit though.

Finham

As far as I can see the Wilson to Luton rumour was made up by someone on twitter as a joke.

Is there anything even remotely concrete out there linking him to Luton?
No, Robins said in his post-match interview that it was rubbish.

Wilson to start if fit for me (and to come in when he is).

shmmeee

I could see what Collins is there for yesterday, he’s more like another outfield player with his passing range and can push the CBs a few yard up the pitch by playing further out. He’ll take time to settle, that back like has only just met each other and I’m not sure we’ve found the best set of players yet. They’ll get better once Dennis Lawrence has had his way with them.

SBbucks

I could see what Collins is there for yesterday, he’s more like another outfield player with his passing range and can push the CBs a few yard up the pitch by playing further out. He’ll take time to settle, that back like has only just met each other and I’m not sure we’ve found the best set of players yet. They’ll get better once Dennis Lawrence has had his way with them.

I can’t see anything other than Collins starting. He’s played the last 3 games while Wilson has been injured, Robins unlikely to change it now. It’ll be Collins’ shirt to lose now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finham

I can’t see anything other than Collins starting. He’s played the last 3 games while Wilson has been injured, Robins unlikely to change it now. It’ll be Collins’ shirt to lose now.

Very harsh on Wilson after last season.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It's like playing Russian Roulette at the back, you just know it will go wrong at some point. ☠️

Greggs

Which won't take long. I don't want a keeper with the same build as Carl Baker.

slowpoke

It's like playing Russian Roulette at the back, you just know it will go wrong at some point. ☠️
Collins certainly plays a good bit out of his area, easier against the weaker opposition we had in the friendlies but there’s no room for error, one foul and he’s probably sent off.

SBbucks

On merit for the player he was last season, not dropped ASAP because of people's preconceptions about him previous to that.

But Robins doesn’t work like that. Irrespective of how good a season Wilson had, if Robins thinks Collins is an upgrade on Wilson he will play him as first choice. And I suspect he does.

Peoples’ preconceptions & opinions are irrelevant, Robins will not take into account whether or not we think Wilson deserves the starting spot.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Collins certainly plays a good bit out of his area, easier against the weaker opposition we had in the friendlies but there’s no room for error, one foul and he’s probably sent off.

And give away a goal.

Finham

But Robins doesn’t work like that. Irrespective of how good a season Wilson had, if Robins thinks Collins is an upgrade on Wilson he will play him as first choice. And I suspect he does.

Peoples’ preconceptions & opinions are irrelevant, Robins will not take into account whether or not we think Wilson deserves the starting spot.

I doubt it. Wilson was in the Championship Team of the Year and Golden Glove winner. That has increased his stock to the point where people were prepared to believe that a newly promoted Premier League side were bidding 2m+ for him. He's also obviously a massive figure in the dressing room.

Of course, when Collins keeps out Leicester with a Buffon-esque array of brilliant saves, maybe he'll deserve to keep his place.

SBbucks

I doubt it. Wilson was in the Championship Team of the Year and Golden Glove winner. That has increased his stock to the point where people were prepared to believe that a newly promoted Premier League side were bidding 2m+ for him. He's also obviously a massive figure in the dressing room.

Of course, when Collins keeps out Leicester with a Buffon-esque array of brilliant saves, maybe he'll deserve to keep his place.

We’ll see on Sunday. Personally I hope you’re right, as watching Collins for 3 games has scared me as much as Wilson did before his transformation last season.
But ultimately only one opinion counts and it’s not ours.

Hobo

I am all for playing football out from the back. But you do have to mix it a bit and go a little longer sometimes, especially if you are against a team working a high press. Players have to make the right choices for the situation and not conditioned into this is the only way we play.

But we are footballing side who are capable of good pass and move sequences. It has done us okay since League 2. But still some fans just want it hoofed up the pitch with cliches like "we can't play like that, we are not Barcelona.". But it has got us two promotions and into a play off final.

shmmeee

Anything that increases the likelihood of the guy behind my who constantly shouts “stop pissing about and get rid” having an aneurism is OK by me.

its a buzzard

You missed the double "o" in buffoon. Surely only injury is keeping Wilson out.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Greggs

When we will see Collins? Distribution got to be better than Wilson, but don't think I can cope with another 500+ passes between the back line.

Users who are viewing this thread