Wilson or Collins? (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

Collins. Distribution way better for how we play. Not seen enough on shot stopping yet but Suspect we will. seems to collect a cross

Wilson rode the crest of a wave last season and helped out by a very good defence. He is a poor goalkeeper imo but did make some cracking saves also in fairness. Almost Lee burge like.

Offhegoes

It was plain to see that Collins has a calmer head than Wilson, certainly with his kicking, and playing it out from the back. Yet to be seen if he could make that save Wilson made at QPR though

noah_schunacher

But do you think that Collins will be given the next games? Wilson has given the club a lot in the last months and Robins recently said: “The thinking behind it was I just felt that we needed to alleviate the pressure on Ben. He has done really well for us, and will do again, no doubt, but it’s good to have competition.”

slowpoke

You can’t chop & change goalkeepers assuming Collins was picked due to Wilson’s drop in form we should stick with him imo.

johnwillomagic

Collins has the shirt and kept a clean sheet so he starts at Millwall - I know it's quiet but a bit of a pointless thread!!!

He has the shirt and it's too early to call who is better over course of season....collins not really tested against stoke.

But with clean sheet and doing nothing wrong he keeps it!

fernandopartridge

But do you think that Collins will be given the next games? Wilson has given the club a lot in the last months and Robins recently said: “The thinking behind it was I just felt that we needed to alleviate the pressure on Ben. He has done really well for us, and will do again, no doubt, but it’s good to have competition.”
Yes of course he will. Robins was just putting a soft spin on it so as to not call out Wilson in public.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Unless Collins gets injured, I can’t see Wilson featuring much this season now.

Esoterica

I think it will be the same as Arteta has done at Arsenal. There’s always plenty of keepers available on a free if he just wanted to push Moore out and keep Wilson on his toes. You don’t spend money like that on a goalkeeper just to sit on the bench, even with the money we had in the summer.

Reactions: SBT

fernandopartridge

I think it will be the same as Arteta has done at Arsenal. There’s always plenty of keepers available on a free if he just wanted to push Moore out and keep Wilson on his toes. You don’t spend money like that on a goalkeeper just to sit on the bench, even with the money we had in the summer.
Let's hope for a Barnsley-esque post Christmas run of form now we've got a key trio of theirs in the side!

Ashdown

Wouldn’t be too hard on a record breaking goalkeeper ……but it wouldn’t hurt to give Collins a run now and create some good competition.

RegTheDonk

Wouldn’t be too hard on a record breaking goalkeeper ……but it wouldn’t hurt to give Collins a run now and create some good competition.
Definately, although it wasn't just him - that record was broke due to a fairly stable defence who understood each other. MR needs to settle on a system and personnel which hopefully will be just as tight. Wilson has made some huge gaffs lately, not unlike Moore which gave him his chance. Collins needs to take his now and hope the people in font of him are up to task. Hopefully a change in fortune for us all.

ProfessorbyGrace

Maybe the frailties in Wilson’s game is why MR brought Collins in; plus, obviously, the defence was rock solid for large periods last season, and Wilson benefitted from that. That same defence (of last season) has been broken up, and Wilson has looked vulnerable with a bedding-in defence in front of him.

He’s one of these goalies that thrives off confidence, and to be honest, his decision making and positioning has been very suspect (despite a few very good saves this season).

We need an all rounder in goal, if we’re moving forward; not just someone who can pull off a great save periodically, but then looks shaky and indecisive when the chips are down. Maybe Collins is that keeper, who knows.

hinckley cov

Collins has to play for me, his distribution is much better and as soon as he gets the ball he’s looking to get us moving forward where as Wilson hangs onto the ball far too long.

Mucca Mad Boys

Yes of course he will. Robins was just putting a soft spin on it so as to not call out Wilson in public.

You wouldn’t want to alienate someone who’s been a good dressing room influence the whole time he’s here.

He’ll know he hasn’t been good enough and will have to wait his turn to prove himself again.

Collins is a good GK, he was Barnsley’s #1 when they made it to the playoffs and was playing well last season before getting injured and therefore losing his spot in the team.

600k for a sub GK is quite a lot for a sub GK in our budget so you’d think we rate Collins highly enough to start if and when required.

Skybluedownunder

You wouldn’t want to alienate someone who’s been a good dressing room influence the whole time he’s here.

He’ll know he hasn’t been good enough and will have to wait his turn to prove himself again.

Collins is a good GK, he was Barnsley’s #1 when they made it to the playoffs and was playing well last season before getting injured and therefore losing his spot in the team.

600k for a sub GK is quite a lot for a sub GK in our budget so you’d think we rate Collins highly enough to start if and when required.

Especially when we already had Moore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Philosopher

Who on earth was the Trialist GK on the bench for the u21’s?

Are we short of keepers in the youth ranks or something?

Any ideas anyone?

wingy

Luis Lines.made his debut for Welsh in a 1-0 win, don't know if that had anything to do with it?

Calista

After minimal game time, a few decent quick throw-outs and catching a fairly straightforward cross (that Wilson would have dealt with just the same), Collins has leapfrogged to the No. 1 spot in some people’s eyes. The new Lev Yashin.

Need to wait and see before deciding who’s the better keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread