Wilson’s save just before half time (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

He was brilliant today. Love his attitude.

torchomatic

covcity4life

Improving all the time

I wasn't sold on him as a number 1 and I agree that jury is still out on that but it was ridiculous some on here made out he was truly terrible.

Briles

The trust with him and the defence has grown and grown. Just a shame that 5 of our defenders won't be here next season 😂

Robinshio

For a keeper who nobody wanted not even as a number 2 in league 1 - we could now command a fee for him if sold

He has weaknesses clearly, but is an excellent shot stopper, and more importantly the defence now have confidence in him.

WestEndAgro

2 or 3 more clean sheets and you could argue he's been player of the season.
I can't really understand the critic's, of course he has areas that could improve, but his record speaks for itself.

NortonSkyBlue

For a keeper who nobody wanted not even as a number 2 in league 1 - we could now command a fee for him if sold

He has weaknesses clearly, but is an excellent shot stopper, and more importantly the defence now have confidence in him.
His weaknesses apparently are clean sheets

stupot07

It was a great save. his starting position was good, he was very central (a lot of keepers let the wall do the job and stand further to the other side), and Chairs freekick didn't quite have the pace, but he did well to get across to save it. His save in the second half was better, it was hit with more power and although he didn't have far to move he did really well to save it and push it away from danger.

He's always been a decent shot stopper, but it's his crosses and kicking that lets him down. It was his poor kick that led to the freekick in the first place.

Fair play to him though, he's took his chance and been really solid albeit with those weaknesses. The clean sheet record is incredible, but it does feel that the last few cleansheets have been more down Wilson's saves than earlier in the season when we were defensively strong and limiting opposition chances, so again fair play to him for producing when it matters.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Evo1883

I think I'd have been in agreement earlier in the season that Wilson wasn't what we needed .. I think he's improved an awful lot this year , he's not great from the cross though .

I think robins will go into next year with him as number 1

TomRad85

I think I'd have been in agreement earlier in the season that Wilson wasn't what we needed .. I think he's improved an awful lot this year , he's not great from the cross though .

I think robins will go into next year with him as number 1
A Premiership number 1?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomS91

I was a big critic of Wilson up until recently. He doesn't give me heart palpitations anymore, which is the biggest compliment I can give him. Had a very solid run of it since the World Cup I'd say.

PVA

Where to for Fishy Moore? He needs to be playing somewhere

He has been a number 2 for most of his career to be fair.

But probably worth moving on as he'll be on a high wage for us to sit on the bench, the money could be better used elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread